Watch out with Five O's!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 07:35 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Looks modified? That blows for all STi owners as well as evo's and anything else with a stock body kit that looks ricey =\
Old 11-28-2007, 09:15 AM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
Originally Posted by ldivinag
lemme guess...

you are under... 24.

maybe even under 21.

cops can say whatever they want.

it's what you contest at court decides who's right.

maybe some people here needs to start re-reading their social studies books.

or at least know the 4th and 5th amendments...

your right about that. but im just saying what i know. i learned that in my criminial justice class, and im a police cadet for OPD. the stuff i said its on the book. they do have the rights to do all that, but the final deciscion will be at the court like you said.

i searched around and keep up with this online.
http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59918
i know its from a FORUM not from some official gov. you don't have to believe it if you still think is not right.

Last edited by wimprezax06; 11-28-2007 at 09:48 AM.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:13 AM

Car Info: 04wrx
um yeah I got state refd not to long ago at SFSU by.. a campus police haha. Campus police are bull**** excuse for cops.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:07 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Metallic Silver
Originally Posted by wimprezax06
the cop can pull you over if you car "look" modified, its call the reasonable suspicion. such as if you have an exhaust, they can assume you have some kinds of engine mods. and the police have every right to pop your hood.

it sucks. i got pulled over once for loud exhaust and the police poped my hood, but he couldn't tell my DP is catless so he didn't write anything up other than my exhaust.
Theres a difference between a car thats actually modified (some cases sounding modified) than just looking modified.
According to what you're saying, you'd be pulled over for having a visible illegal modified part on your car, which is the reason to be pulled over. Its different from a car that just "looks" like its modified. A car for example could have some rims and a body kit, while still having the stock exhaust. For having a body kit and rims people shouldnt be pulled over.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:36 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by wrxguy
um yeah I got state refd not to long ago at SFSU by.. a campus police haha. Campus police are bull**** excuse for cops.

keep saying to yourself when they are either busting or saving your *** for something.

CSU (cal state system, and probably the UC too) cops are all POST grad law enforcement dudes and dudettes.

they have exactly all the powers that a city cop have. they are just assigned to university.

so that means they have statewide arrest capabilities.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: e39
my suby was ref and it was in a hotel parking lot in burlingame parked! I wasn't even there!!!! BSSS it was airport police!
Old 11-28-2007, 05:48 PM

Car Info: you've got an electrical problem.
Originally Posted by ldivinag
keep saying to yourself when they are either busting or saving your *** for something.

CSU (cal state system, and probably the UC too) cops are all POST grad law enforcement dudes and dudettes.

they have exactly all the powers that a city cop have. they are just assigned to university.

so that means they have statewide arrest capabilities.
+1
You can also add bart police and railroad police. They can stop you anywhere and write you. There are more but those are the everyday guys you might cross paths with.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:52 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx
so in the event that a police officer does look under your car for a cat do you think it would be disputable that a resonator could be a cat?

i mean he has no way of proving it right then and there right?
Old 11-28-2007, 08:10 PM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
I got pulled over while smoking weed. Just busted out the card.

Guys, in California the barrier between to getting your cannabis card is like $110 for the card.

Here's the number: (415)3511919

It's Green Relief - call them and tell them something hurts, they walk you through and get you an appointment with a doctor, doctor recommends MJ and you get the card.

SIMPLE. I don't know why noobs and kids still talk about weed like it's something else, when it's so easy to just legally possess these days. You get the card, you can grow 6-12 plants depending on county, 24 if you live in SF I think
Old 11-28-2007, 08:15 PM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
Originally Posted by theo79
so in the event that a police officer does look under your car for a cat do you think it would be disputable that a resonator could be a cat?

i mean he has no way of proving it right then and there right?

The cop can do whatever he wants - it's a fixit ticket after all. If he's wrong then you just get it signed off.

Besides, resonators don't look like cats... not that a cop is that trained in looking at stuff. I think most of them can only discern an intake, a fart can exhaust, and other extremely funky looking mods.

I know of one guy with a suby who actually had an fmic with all blacked out and well done piping going to a CAI - the cop popped the hood and actually did not detect that the car was modded at all.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Azjon
Theres a difference between a car thats actually modified (some cases sounding modified) than just looking modified.
According to what you're saying, you'd be pulled over for having a visible illegal modified part on your car, which is the reason to be pulled over. Its different from a car that just "looks" like its modified. A car for example could have some rims and a body kit, while still having the stock exhaust. For having a body kit and rims people shouldnt be pulled over.
even if you don't have any modified parts, but lets say you have a lot of stickers and a body kit on the car. what are you trying to do? make it "LOOK" fast right? that is a probable casue, because you car look fast and i may assume that your car is moded and you are a street racer. your body kit and stickers gives the cop same impression when they see a big exhaust.

you don't like it, and i don't like it but we cant do anything about it. but IMO if a car have a huge wing and huge body kit on a stock civic or some car like that, they deserve to get pull over lol
Old 11-28-2007, 09:34 PM

Car Info: Sleeper Much?
Originally Posted by tamashi523
my suby was ref and it was in a hotel parking lot in burlingame parked! I wasn't even there!!!! BSSS it was airport police!
First off that is complete nonsense. Second.....I would love nothing more than for you to PM me the name of the citing officer. If its who I think it is, hes asian, in his 40s and works nights. He tried that crap with me parking at the airport at work in my uniform....i was like I dont think so buddy..move along. He got an inquiry from the citizens review board on my incident and others with coworkers.

Problem with parking in a lot like that is California considers that "off street parking" and technically they can cite for things. However...I dont see how that ticket would have held up in court. It would be like a cop driving by Office Depot when they have their Nascar in the lot for customers to view and citing them for not having mirrors.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
um, this is nothing new. They have done a "study" and determined some things visible from the outside that are common on modded cars. Look up the San Diego Drag Net program. I wrote a paper on this a few years ago, and even then it was nothing new (newer to NorCal because Sac had just put a bunch of money into starting their own program like it, but old down in SoCal). The things such as stickers, flashy wheels, big wings, aftermarket exhaust (even though legal by itself) give them reasonable cause to pull you over.

Originally Posted by wimprezax06
you don't like it, and i don't like it but we cant do anything about it.
Wrong, you can fight against it. No one said it was fair. The best thing to do if you want to mod your car is make sure its legal. If you still get hassled take it up with the government (especially if it causes you to miss work). It'll make it harder for them to argue that this is good, ask why they don't stop every hispanic on the street and ask to see their papers

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 11-28-2007 at 09:37 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
um, this is nothing new. They have done a "study" and determined some things visible from the outside that are common on modded cars. Look up the San Diego Drag Net program. I wrote a paper on this a few years ago, and even then it was nothing new (newer to NorCal because Sac had just put a bunch of money into starting their own program like it, but old down in SoCal). The things such as stickers, flashy wheels, big wings, aftermarket exhaust (even though legal by itself) give them reasonable cause to pull you over.

Wrong, you can fight against it. No one said it was fair. The best thing to do if you want to mod your car is make sure its legal. If you still get hassled take it up with the government (especially if it causes you to miss work). It'll make it harder for them to argue that this is good, ask why they don't stop every hispanic on the street and ask to see their papers
i mean we can't do anything about they pulling us over. we can fight the case in court but they will stilling keep pulling us over. i totally agree with you though
Old 11-29-2007, 12:05 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
I'm sure other counties wont adopt similar programs when they see that it has negative complications for non-street racers in legal cars. Peoples wont get re-elected otherwise

Quick Reply: Watch out with Five O's!!!!!!