Watch out all you Bay Area'ins with a Radar Dector, it's now useless!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 03:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
My V1 has paid for itself at least 5 times that I know of. I think I'll keep mine a bit longer.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:15 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
yeah...its not like they arent using radar at all any more

The lidar guns are most effective when the person is stationary and in shooting you coming head on, meaning they can really only use them in speed-traps
Old 01-25-2007, 12:03 PM

Car Info: '02 EJ25FXT Stage 2 "No Laggin' Wagon"
Taxation through violation.... GRRRRR
Old 01-25-2007, 12:29 PM

Car Info: 05 CMG STi, 67' GTO, 69' Camaro
Originally Posted by mcowger
Yup - to punish the inconsiderate members of the public who attempt to duck out of responsibility for their ill-considered actions.
hahaha, you're so cute and ignorant for thinking that's really true
Old 01-25-2007, 12:47 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
so where do i get this repeater dectcor ?
Old 01-25-2007, 12:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Guess it's time to buy a laser scrambler though.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:03 PM

Car Info: 2009 A3 2.0T quattro
Originally Posted by TunerSTI
hahaha, you're so cute and ignorant for thinking that's really true

You're so cute for using sarcasm to hide your lack of contribution to the topic!

Maybe next week you can join the big boys with something substantive to say!
Old 01-25-2007, 03:47 PM

ok, ill contribute. no matter how hard you try to obey laws and regulations. the system will always be built to trap you. to get every last cent possible out of law breakers and decent people alike. every time I hear you talk you make powertrips sound so just. are they really protecting us? sure, there's a few out there with our best interest in mind, but even they are corrupted with quotas to meet. are they spending more money to get thugs and killers off the streets? to make neighborhoods like mine safe to walk down at night? are they investing in local schools to give children a better chance at making futures for themselves besides selling drugs? no, we have money going to help cops give more ****ing speeding tickets. justify that. there's your contribution.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:58 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
ok, ill contribute. no matter how hard you try to obey laws and regulations. the system will always be built to trap you. to get every last cent possible out of law breakers and decent people alike. every time I hear you talk you make powertrips sound so just. are they really protecting us? sure, there's a few out there with our best interest in mind, but even they are corrupted with quotas to meet. are they spending more money to get thugs and killers off the streets? to make neighborhoods like mine safe to walk down at night? are they investing in local schools to give children a better chance at making futures for themselves besides selling drugs? no, we have money going to help cops give more ****ing speeding tickets. justify that. there's your contribution.
I was thinking about that this morning.

yesterday morning I drove by a fire. A little girl died in the fire. Stupid parents mostly. But they had been sited for overcrowded houseing earlier....no one came back to check to see if they complied...

It got me thinking that it's odd that CHP's budget keeps growing and they keep hireing more and more officers yet standard city police budgets are hurting and they're underfunded and understaffed in most places.

Makes you wonder if they put some of that CHP money into city police funds if crime rates would go down or maybe a couple more detectives on staff if murder solved rates would go over 20% in cities like san francisco.

But hey..CHP is a revenue getter. City police are not. Hmmmm.

bull**** if you ask me. Until they go back to where it came from TO PROTECT AND SERVE...the politicians need to stfu over crime rates.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:49 PM

Prove to me that there are quotas. Not anecdotal suggestions, but show me that SFPD and or CHP has a quota.

Show me that they spend more money on LIDAR than making neighbourhoods like yours safe (with actual budget #'s).

Until you can prove your assertations, they aren't worth a thing. I, for one, don't believe that more money is spent on LIDAR guns than patrols in your neighbourhood or public schools.

Power trips are not just. I wasn't referring to power trips in my comment about "punish the inconsiderate members of the public who attempt to duck out of responsibility for their ill-considered actions." We outlaw dickheaded things like radar scramblers because they IMPEDE THE APPLICATION OF THE LAW. Thats all they do. Why would you support something whose SOLE purpose is to help lawbreakers avoid being caught?
Old 01-25-2007, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I was thinking about that this morning.

yesterday morning I drove by a fire. A little girl died in the fire. Stupid parents mostly. But they had been sited for overcrowded houseing earlier....no one came back to check to see if they complied...

It got me thinking that it's odd that CHP's budget keeps growing and they keep hireing more and more officers yet standard city police budgets are hurting and they're underfunded and understaffed in most places.
1) The little girl thing sucks, but thats not really a CHP enforcement thing, its DCS or DHHS.

2) CHP budgets and City PD budgets dont come from the same sources, hence the difference in funding.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Prove to me that there are quotas. Not anecdotal suggestions, but show me that SFPD and or CHP has a quota.
This is an argument as old as police departments probably. It is commonly known that there are quotas, however none official. There have been talk radio shows on the subject, and I have heard people (some claiming to be XXPD) saying that they are there, but of course they are not official. OBVIOUSLY this would be impossible to prove, so why don't you prove that there are no quotas? Prove without a shadow of a doubt to us that officers are not encouraged to write more tickets regardless of issue. I am thinking that you know it's impossible to prove, and this way you can be right while still being wrong. Neat!

Show me that they spend more money on LIDAR than making neighbourhoods like yours safe (with actual budget #'s).
WTF? Who here has access to police department budget info? How could anyone possibly prove or disprove this? What we can do is see the crazy stuff continue to go on whilst people still get busted for no front plates or window tint.

Until you can prove your assertations, they aren't worth a thing. I, for one, don't believe that more money is spent on LIDAR guns than patrols in your neighbourhood or public schools.
You carefully chose two subjects that would be for all intents and purposes impossible to prove. Winning an argument by default doesn't count. Where is your content??

There are people that believe whatever police and representatives and such say without question, and then there are people who don't. There are even people that have had first-hand experience that makes them feel officers aren't out there to serve and protect 100%. I am not talking about getting off of crimes, I am talking about correct and truthful police reports, not taking the law to the limits, not leveraging a civilian's lack of law knowledge etc.

I seriously doubt that you will change people's minds on these subjects as they are usually about as passion-packed as politics and religion. I have LEO's in my family who have told me that there are unwritten/unspoken quotas for them relating to performance, and they are not the only place I have heard this. Obviously no one interested in keeping their job and/or life would go on record saying this.

There was a PD rep a while back who mentioned something publicly about making a certain number of speeding citations this month who got in some trouble over that. I cannot recall when this was, but I remember it. It's common knowledge and as I mentioned would be impossible for your average non-internal affairs person. If you choose not to believe it, then hey - bully for you.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:59 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
Why would you support something whose SOLE purpose is to help lawbreakers avoid being caught?
Because it is a bad law. If you want to tax people for driving, call it a tax. If you're concerned about safety on the roads, tickets should be written for unsafe operation. Why is it someone doing 65 in their mini van on 280 with only10 pounds of pressure in their front tires isn't given a second glance, but if I'm doing 75 in my well maintained vehicle, along with 80% of the other cars on the road, I am breaking the law? Reason: The laws are designed to be revenue generators for both the state and the insurance companies and have NOTHING to do with safety as currently enforced.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by BlingBlingBlue
Because it is a bad law. If you want to tax people for driving, call it a tax. If you're concerned about safety on the roads, tickets should be written for unsafe operation. Why is it someone doing 65 in their mini van on 280 with only10 pounds of pressure in their front tires isn't given a second glance, but if I'm doing 75 in my well maintained vehicle, along with 80% of the other cars on the road, I am breaking the law? Reason: The laws are designed to be revenue generators for both the state and the insurance companies and have NOTHING to do with safety as currently enforced.
Totally completely +1.

CHP acknowledges that the average speed on 280 is 80-90mph yet they still ticket at 7mph over (I heard this from a CHP officer). 101 is a little slower but the same condition exists. You are given this feeling that you can drive with traffic, safe and prudent - however if your number is over 65mph regardless of the situation, you can get ticketed for this. If it were about safety, they would do some research, set a speed limit and uphold it. They might even... Watch a driver here and there to see if they are actually causing a problem or not instead of seeing if they are within citation range only.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:13 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BlingBlingBlue

+1 - couldn't have put if better myself

Quick Reply: Watch out all you Bay Area'ins with a Radar Dector, it's now useless!