WAR Cung Le!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 01:12 PM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
WAR Cung Le!!!

Folks,

Not sure if anyone saw Cung's spectacular performance over Frank Shamrock at Strikeforce last night. Impressive that Frank stayed true to his word and tested out his new striking game. I actually really like Shamrock's standup style - boxing set up with kicks.

http://www.mmascraps.com/2008/03/fra...-le-video.html

Congrats to this local Viet hero and if anyone is looking for some training or weight loss/fitness goals, join the brand new huge *** gym - 720 Montague expressway. Cardio/fighter conditioning classes pretty much everyday.

Full weights and cardio workout equipment complement, full complement of thai bags, large enough mat area for both kickboxing and BJJ at once, and a brand new cage.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:35 AM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
I dont feel like Shamrock came with the fight to win. Cung Le clearly did a decent job, hence winning, but you saw him holding back a lot. Whether it was out of respect and/or fear, when he had Shamrock off his feet and didnt go in for the kill....that was weak. I expected more out of someone with such a revered reputation.
Shamrock should have taken it to the ground FTW. It would have been similar to when the Korean guy got submitted when the American fighter came at him like a spider monkey.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:24 AM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
Originally Posted by Lboogie
I dont feel like Shamrock came with the fight to win. Cung Le clearly did a decent job, hence winning, but you saw him holding back a lot. Whether it was out of respect and/or fear, when he had Shamrock off his feet and didnt go in for the kill....that was weak. I expected more out of someone with such a revered reputation.
Shamrock should have taken it to the ground FTW. It would have been similar to when the Korean guy got submitted when the American fighter came at him like a spider monkey.

I think Frank wants to sell another fight and then a rubber match, so he's like "ok I'll standup this fight and test my abilities. Best case I win, man I'm awesome. Worst case I'll just lose and take it to the ground next time".

Though Cung wrestled pretty good in the brief exchanges they had. Got his underhooks in, stayed in tight and on balance.

Cung stated he kept preparing to stuff a takedown so maybe that's why he held back.

Remember this isn't Pride rules - so you can't "go in for the kill" when you down an opponent and you're still standing
Old 04-01-2008, 12:29 PM

Car Info: 05 cgm imp
i cant believe his still fighting o.O