Wanna play some football???

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 09:38 AM

Car Info: 350hp WRX/2008 EVO X
Wanna play some football???

Hey wassup everyone? Is any one intrested in playing football?
IT's FREE!!

A little info:

My friend had started this some what pick up game small league about a year and a half ago with about 12 guys that he knew. Since then We’ve had about 60 more or less play with us, so we have meet a lot of different coo people, all kinds of different age groups, everyone’s coo with everyone! Consistently we have about 15-25 people show up so we always get a game in either 7 on 7 or 8 on 8 with subs, trust me most people will get tired. We play 3 on the line if we play 8 on 8; if it goes 7 on 7 then we play 2 on the line.

We have all kinds players with different experiences, we have a couple semi pro players, almost every one there has played some h.s football then we also have some players who have played some college football, and players with no football experience till now!!

We play half pads so upper body, you can play with lower body as well but most of the players only play with half pads, this is full contact, but there is no chop blocking, going for the legs, unless its just a wrap, we put this rule in to lower injuries. Overall though we have very few injuries, a few sprains but really nothing big, and a sprain doesn’t even come that often.
Everyone out there has fun! We do all kinds of different things, like have bbq's after games everyone and a while, working on a night game soon to be held at a lighted field, we have the games recorded every game which leads to a end of the season video tape with all the highlights of that season, funny things that had happened.etc. We also keep stats!!! so you know where u stand with players in all kinds of different categories. And we also have things like toy drives which our Christmas one did real well many people showed up!

Ok so again this is free; we play every 2 weeks usually on sat. in a location in San Jose, we just usually pick a park, Last game was at cataldi park near the great mall, where we usually play. You can come and check it out if you want Ill post the next date on as well as location within the next few days. We do not have a whole lot of extra pads so for the players who wanna try it out we might have some for a few of ya, if you like it then you can talk to a guy who we have who gets pads for cheap! about 80.00 on the avg. for a decent set of a helmet and shoulder pads, slightly used.

Great work out something to do meet new people, lots of fun! Need more info let me know any one can play any age group, as we range!

Javier
Vega898818@aol.com
Old 02-05-2004, 10:29 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
sounds pretty fun. May have to come check it out.

I have played some since high school but not much. I get pissed. Cause I am not the fastest guy out there or what not that I always end up on the team of some ***** that only passes to his friends or wants to put me on the d-line or something. Damn dude....I played with one group of guys a few times. I got picked next to last. Picked off two passes and instructed my room mate on a play that he picked off a pass....I got a damned pass and ran for a 70 yard td. Fat boy rumble baby. Next time I came out still got picked late and the dude wouldn't pass to me again.

It just pisses me off...so are the teams like that there or do you get the opportunity to play where you are good.....or at least were you'd like to play until you show you can't play it...... I like WR. I also play OLB and Safety.

I hate getting stuck on the damn line. I hate busting my *** at TE to end up being wide open like 20 times and get one pass thrown my way when the QB's buddy is never open can't catch a lick and gets 25 ***** thrown his way?

yeah....so not to sound like a little ***** or what not. But are the guys that play there pretty cool? Is opportunity there? or is it a click type of deal?
Old 02-05-2004, 04:56 PM

No favoring at all, everyone there is coo with everyone new players old players who ever comes out to play. If your open your open(you will get the ball), if your not open your not open(you won't get the ball). We have our players who do get the ball more than others at times, but thats because they can get open more than others, overall at the end of the day everyone gets to touch the ball a few times. We do have a few good cover guys so it all depends on you to get open.
Some players play both ways some play only one way(offense/def) everyone there gets about how much playing time they want, so everyone shares playing time.

Teams are selected either a day before, by the person who sets everything up(so the teams are even) so no one knows when they get picked, or teams at times will be picked there at the field by again the person who sets everything up, but still no one knows when they are picked he makes the teams while everyone is getting ready.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:09 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
that's cool.

I like the fact that it's pads. I haven't played with pads in such a long time it would probably be pretty dang cool.

I'm glad they pick the teams like that.

Hmmmm...well let me know where and when on the next one. if I'm here I'll check it out...if there happen to be extra pads and a player needed maybe I can get out there for defense.

I wouldn't be able to play regularly until spring or so....snowboard season. Gone most or all of near every weekend.

Maybe summer if I end up having to get surgery on my shoulder.

I really miss banging around with guys and having a good time.
My room mate might be interested too. 6'5" 260. Looks akward but manages to make some good plays.
Old 02-05-2004, 09:30 PM

Damn that would be really fun. Haven't played with pads since high school. Only thing is San Jo is too far for me. IF someone organizes one a little closer (like SF or the peninsula) I'd definately go.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:49 PM

Yea it is pretty fun this is our second season of pic up games, and we have our season 1 recorded on dvd!!!

Where playing this Sat at 9 a.m, and probably start by around 930 or so, Were playing at cataldi park right near the great mall.

If any one is intrested just come by and check it out, or let me know if you wanna get in the action and I can see if I can save u some upper body pads. If you need any directions or anything let me know.

Vega898818@aol.com

or you can e-mail

huy_sjsu@yahoo.com
Old 02-10-2004, 09:32 PM

change of plans we going to play at townsend park right near lundy.

Need directions let me know.