Wanna know why your insurance is so high?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 06:16 AM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
I damn near wrecked my car on Jameson Creek Rd. in Boulder creek while driving with some other i-clubers. All that happened was I got a scratched up front bumper, but it was a freakin CRAZY ride. I took pictures myself while my car was at the edge of the cliff and posted them.
I wish you would have taken more pictures, it serves as a reminder that we are not invincible nor are the cars we drive.

Accidents suck, if he was young he was probably pissed because his parents are probably going to buy him a honda civic so he hopefully wont do this again.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:01 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '99 Impreza OBS
I agree that if it were me, untill it all passed like maybe the next day, I'd be pretty pissed if someone was taking pics of my wreck. I mean its public property and all, and you werent laughing or anything. But right after you wreck, you've gotta be feeling pretty down, especially if it were something stupid. And to have the whole world knowing about it would be kinda hard. Once I cooled down, and got to thinking rationally, then I'd prolly go take pics of the car and post them and say what happened and warn/ remind others to be safe. But right after the accident, seems like thats asking a lot to me.

That being said, next time grab a better camera I can barely tell what happened in them

O and if the guy who wrecked reads this, I feel for you and good luck.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:13 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
personally......if someone came up and was pointing fingers and talking isht I'd probably kick their ***...even big tall amazon looking freaks....but that's not what it sounds like.

Sounds to me like he was concerned it was one of his buddies. Tried to talk to the guy...and got brushed off. Then took a couple photos to show us..maybe find out who it was and give us another reason to chill out for a day or two.

Personally...if it was me..and I was ok...i'd probably let anyone they wanted take the picture....shoot if I was ****ed up and bleeding all over the place...long as someone is taking care of me..I'd probably want someone to take pictures.

My buddy damn near died on his motorcycle a while back. face meats back of semi truck. We were just talking about this on Sat.... he says looking back...he wished someone took some photos so he could see for himself what it looked like...but understands why no one did.

so yeah...to get all *** hurt over someone...especially another subaru driver taking photos of your car is just lame.

So yeah...you see my white wagon flipped up against a retaining wall...make sure I'm ok. Then take as many pictures as you want...as I would be taking them myself if able.

I have photos of both my previous cars when they got wrecked....I got tboned in one of them.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:19 AM
The weal amewican hewo!

Car Info: 02 Aspen White sedan
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
personally......if someone came up and was pointing fingers and talking isht I'd probably kick their ***...even big tall amazon looking freaks....but that's not what it sounds like.

Sounds to me like he was concerned it was one of his buddies. Tried to talk to the guy...and got brushed off. Then took a couple photos to show us..maybe find out who it was and give us another reason to chill out for a day or two.

Personally...if it was me..and I was ok...i'd probably let anyone they wanted take the picture....shoot if I was ****ed up and bleeding all over the place...long as someone is taking care of me..I'd probably want someone to take pictures.

My buddy damn near died on his motorcycle a while back. face meats back of semi truck. We were just talking about this on Sat.... he says looking back...he wished someone took some photos so he could see for himself what it looked like...but understands why no one did.

so yeah...to get all *** hurt over someone...especially another subaru driver taking photos of your car is just lame.

So yeah...you see my white wagon flipped up against a retaining wall...make sure I'm ok. Then take as many pictures as you want...as I would be taking them myself if able.

I have photos of both my previous cars when they got wrecked....I got tboned in one of them.

agreed...its called i-club love ....we look out for each others
Old 08-24-2004, 10:24 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
yeah...I tried to stop when another forum member....ummm...took a corner too fast...or rather an...onramp too fast.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:00 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: subaru
if i got in an accident and someone took pictures i would punch them in the nose
Old 08-24-2004, 11:15 AM

Car Info: 1992 Toyota Sera
Haha, brucelee you rox0r man... looks like the car is a good candidate for engine transplant... (rubbing hands together maliciously)... I wonder if it's going to end up at Rancho Cordova or whatever...
Old 08-24-2004, 11:18 AM

Car Info: GDA
slippery slopes, man....too many variables to account for: loss of property, potential headache from insurance/lawsuits, owner's "unwritten right" to privacy, etc.

you can say that it's on public roads and it's fair game if you want to take pictures. you can also say that it's better to leave the owner/driver alone.

all i have to say is that paparazzis take pictures of people in public and that is their shelter from the subjects' (people taken pictures of) wrath. by the word of the law, they can take those pictures, but that doesn't make it morally right to expose people's private life/events/loss to the public.

i'm not reprimanding or siding with anyone here...just throwing some thoughts on the table...

db
Old 08-24-2004, 11:26 AM

Car Info: 1992 Toyota Sera
Oh come on, if you pu$$ies don't want people knowing that you blew a corner or whatever, then drive alone on only closed tracks like they do when they shoot commercials for new car models or whatever. I think T-Hill has a good media relations department that can help you out.

Or here's a thought... don't drive like an idiot. Or at least own up to it if you screwed up and learn from your lesson. Sheez.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:33 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Old Brighton
What really made it funny was Brucelee's mom knowing it had modified headlights LOL other than that I feel bad for the car.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:49 AM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
I think this is kind of a similar talk as to politics, democrats vs. republicans.

People are allowed their own opinion. If I saw an i-club'er wrecked, I would probably pull over, make sure they are set with a tow or what ever, and take some pictures. If they hit me, I would probably beat them carelessly the same way they carelessly f'ed up their car. :banana:

Well not really, thats a lot of hot air out of my ***, but I over analyze situations.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:55 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
I think I am just going to start beating up anyone that crashes their car. Sounds like a plan. If I crash, I am KICKIN' MAH ****.

-Jacob
Old 08-24-2004, 01:17 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by trebsrex
What really made it funny was Brucelee's mom knowing it had modified headlights LOL other than that I feel bad for the car.

wait... is his mom hot????

jk
Old 08-24-2004, 01:21 PM

Car Info: GDA
Originally Posted by ldivinag
wait... is his mom hot????
ruh roh....

Quick Reply: Wanna know why your insurance is so high?