Walk out on Iran's Speech @ Geneva?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 01:33 PM

Car Info: 1988 Carrera & 2013 Carrera S
Originally Posted by Shayhan27
Ok since you decided to tell me that which I already know = "I am an uneducated ignorant waste of life" Thanks for the unprovoked personal attack.

I will simply rebut with a question of m own which I will answer for you which you did for me.
BTW FTR this is all interweb fun between two people who dont know eachother at all so I hope you dont take this too personally.

What do you propose we do with Israel? #1 I made it clear that I did not want to focus on how they got into this mess, simply what to do now.

#2 I also stated true fact that Israel has not attacked anyone unprovoked in a long time.

#3 I also related to the fct and agred that Israel may have reacted over agressivly but thats not my place to determine.

To wrap this up do you propose we move all the jews out of Israel to some unoccupied place which I can only think of the arctic as the Russians may get mad if we send them to Siberia?

Or #2 just let Iran exterminate them? I think my kowlege of forign policy is well rounded enough to not sound too ignorant. I have an idea using your same thought process why dont we send all the other forign nationalities back where they came from in America.

To restate my point movig foreward in the world I think Isreal is making great "albiet" late steps toward being a good peaceful neighbor and I wish the rest of the wold would leave them alone.
Completely agreed.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:03 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
Originally Posted by Shayhan27
Ok since you decided to tell me that which I already know = "I am an uneducated ignorant waste of life" Thanks for the unprovoked personal attack.

I will simply rebut with a question of m own which I will answer for you which you did for me.
BTW FTR this is all interweb fun between two people who dont know eachother at all so I hope you dont take this too personally.

What do you propose we do with Israel?
#1 I made it clear that I did not want to focus on how they got into this mess, simply what to do now.

#2 I also stated true fact that Israel has not attacked anyone unprovoked in a long time.

#3 I also related to the fct and agred that Israel may have reacted over agressivly but thats not my place to determine.

To wrap this up do you propose we move all the jews out of Israel to some unoccupied place which I can only think of the arctic as the Russians may get mad if we send them to Siberia?

Or #2 just let Iran exterminate them? I think my kowlege of forign policy is well rounded enough to not sound too ignorant. I have an idea using your same thought process why dont we send all the other forign nationalities back where they came from in America.

To restate my point movig foreward in the world I think Isreal is making great "albiet" late steps toward being a good peaceful neighbor and I wish the rest of the wold would leave them alone.
I think you are trying to say that in the past Israel was aggressive, but as of right now they are not? Correct me if I am wrong.

"What do you propose we do with Israel?"

Exterminating them is not an option, and I understand that you were trying to be funny.

To say that Israel as been non aggressive is a complete fallacy. Israel is directly defying international law by having troops in the West Bank. That is by itself an act of aggression. Also, Israel has imposed blockades and bombed the Gaza strip continually. That sounds like aggression to me.

If the US stopped supporting it, Israel would be taken over. That by itself is an issue. Israel cannot be dissolved now, rather they need to start working with the nations around them, instead of provoking violence. They need to get in line with international law to better the relations with other countries in the world. Diplomacy and knowledge are needed to fix the problem.

Knowing why there is an issue is half the battle, and from their you can provide resolutions.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:35 PM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
Originally Posted by Turbo Rob
I think you are trying to say that in the past Israel was aggressive, but as of right now they are not? Correct me if I am wrong.

"What do you propose we do with Israel?"

Exterminating them is not an option, and I understand that you were trying to be funny.

To say that Israel as been non aggressive is a complete fallacy. Israel is directly defying international law by having troops in the West Bank. That is by itself an act of aggression. Also, Israel has imposed blockades and bombed the Gaza strip continually. That sounds like aggression to me.

If the US stopped supporting it, Israel would be taken over. That by itself is an issue. Israel cannot be dissolved now, rather they need to start working with the nations around them, instead of provoking violence. They need to get in line with international law to better the relations with other countries in the world. Diplomacy and knowledge are needed to fix the problem.

Knowing why there is an issue is half the battle, and from their you can provide resolutions.

Thank you, and yes I was trying to be funny. As far as I know as of right now and since the small incursion last winter Israel has positioned troops along the border to lebabnon in the west bank. To "closely monotor" Hezbollah.

As far as blockading and bombing the Gaza strip I may be a little out of toch but it has been some time since they have done so and when they do it is in retalation to usually a missile strike from within the srip which is a very hard place to monotor.

My initial statement PRO the walkout on Amadeenajad was that he wants retribution or is asking for Israel to be punished. I believe our walkout on his anti semite rhettoric was well deserved.

As for myknowlege on the history of Israel and why it is the way it is. my wife is a World history major and a techer this is actually the lesson she happens to be teaching now just to be sure I am fully brushed up, needless to say I have a pretty good Idea of whats going on there.

I do agree diplomacy is the answer and it has taken Israel a long way in say just the last 5 yrs. They are on a good road albiet not perfect but trackin.
Ralph Peters wrote a good book a little controversial but good none the less "Wars of blood and faith" It covered in depth the israli "problem" maybe take a look at it. I didnt take it for the gospel but he made alot of good points and touched heavily on this subject. Cheers.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
"Evil" is up to interpretation. What one person views as "evil", may be different than another.

Iran's last president attempted to work with Western countries to work towards some sort of friendship, but he fell upon deaf ears to the USA. As a result, the people elected Ahmadinejad, because he is a hardliner. The people there wanted someone willing to stand up against unjust American foreign policy, and that is what they got, whether or not he is helping the cause.

I don't know why "evil" would even be a part of this discussion?
So you're saying there's no way to know what's really true... but you believe you're own statement that there's no way to know what's really true... and you're saying that that statement is true... you're killing yourself...

If what's true for you is true for you and what's true for me is true for me... what if my truth says that yours is a lie?

If evil is up to interpretation, then to be consistent all words will have to be up to interpretation.

If all words are up to interpretation, then there really is no consistency and no truth.

Evil is not up to interpretation.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:44 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Another Jedi Master is born^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 04-22-2009, 03:01 PM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Originally Posted by medicSTi
If evil is up to interpretation, then to be consistent all words will have to be up to interpretation.

If all words are up to interpretation, then there really is no consistency and no truth.

Evil, just like Good - has been and always will be in the eye of the beholder.

And it IS up to interpretation because what is Evil to person A is not necessarily Evil to person B.

And there are very few universal truths for all people on this planet. The easiest one I can think of is - we all live, we all die. That is universal.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:03 PM

Car Info: 06 STi
Thank you. I get sick and tired of moral ambiguity. It is a classic left wing crutch. I could take this even further, but I don't believe it would be constructive at all.

I love when people use the "Palestinians" as poster children for Israeli "state sponsored terrorism" and/or US sponsored illegitimate statehood for Israel. Please read this essay RE: Palestinian statehood: http://forums.contracostatimes.com/t...960s-as-palest

So you're saying there's no way to know what's really true... but you believe you're own statement that there's no way to know what's really true... and you're saying that that statement is true... you're killing yourself...

If what's true for you is true for you and what's true for me is true for me... what if my truth says that yours is a lie?

Old 04-22-2009, 03:06 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Hezbollah is an organization that is known to be against Israel = True.

Can YOU answer the "why"? If you cannot explain the why, then you do not understand the issues between these groups.

Hezbollah was a reaction to Israel's occupation in Lebanon in the early 80's. Just like... lets see, we are a predominately Christian country, so if someone invaded us and Christians got together to fight the invaders... they would automatically be terrorists? Does that make any sense to you? If it doesn't, you should go read some books, and stop watching Fox News. You are getting BAD/WRONG information.

Why do they dislike the Jews?
-They invaded their lands (with the help of USA)
-The killed many of their children
-They took control of their governments
- They persecuted Arabs/Muslims/Christians

Yes, Israel is surrounded be countries that despise them, because Israel is NOT supposed to be there. Israel would not be there if it wasn't for the USA. Their is a reason the Jews were basically expelled from the Middle East, right or wrong, and that is because they **** with everyone.

Did you know that Israel is the only country in the Middle East with Nukes? (Made in the USA)

Did you know that Israel is the only country in the Middle East that DID NOT sign a treaty in the 1950's (i believe) stating they would not have nukes.

Take an International Relations class, because it will open your eyes to the world of problems Israel has created in the Middle East.
One class makes you a systems expert???
Which university did you take said class at?
Old 04-22-2009, 03:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by R-Dub

And it IS up to interpretation because what is Evil to person A is not necessarily Evil to person B.

And there are very few universal truths for all people on this planet. The easiest one I can think of is - we all live, we all die. That is universal.
Once again... maybe you didn't get it the first time:

Old 04-22-2009, 03:07 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon

"You threaten me with death, I will kill you" is a pretty universal truth.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:14 PM

I find this quite ironic from someone with Obama as an avatar.

Please see Obama's weak-kneed pandering to Iran clothed in his "greetings" during the great holiday of Nowruz (WTF?):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yft9ZCe3VCw

Old 04-22-2009, 03:23 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
It's too bad they didn't throw shoes at him! Now THAT would have been classic comedy.

I thought that demonstration was executed really nicely. Peaceful, not vulgar at all, yet the message was still very strong and loud.

I wonder if those people got in trouble at all? What do you guys think?
Old 04-22-2009, 03:29 PM

In trouble with who? The UN is a joke in and of itself. What could they possibly do, ground those delegates who walked out?

Originally Posted by brucelee
I wonder if those people got in trouble at all? What do you guys think?
Old 04-22-2009, 03:36 PM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Originally Posted by fourZero
I find this quite ironic from someone with Obama as an avatar.

Please see Obama's weak-kneed pandering to Iran clothed in his "greetings" during the great holiday of Nowruz (WTF?):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yft9ZCe3VCw

LOL!! I don't support Obama - the comic is just utterly ridiculous and I find it funny. =P
Old 04-22-2009, 03:44 PM

Once again... maybe you didn't get it the first time:

I didnt really think this debate was about the definition of evil. I think the question was earlier do you think Ahmadenajad is evil. I stated frankly I think he is and stated why. If you think he's not evil thats your opinion. To anyone about to jump on the ADJ Bandwagon I promise he will let you down. Hes also a heritic in some peoples book due in part to his talk of the coming of the 12th imam etc......

Quick Reply: Walk out on Iran's Speech @ Geneva?