VW's... the new a$$hats

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
But that's not a good reason. Making people pass on the right will put everyone in danger.

What I can't stand is when the road starts going up hill so everyone slows down. How hard is it to press the gas pedal a little harder to at least maintain the same speed.

unfortunately passing on the right is what causes accidents. It's rude to block the fast lane and it slows things down and has no positives.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:40 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiggles
[sarcasm]because it takes up too more gas doing that [/sarcasm]
lol I bet a lot of people think that way too. I mean big deal, so you lost 2 miles in your tank of gas.

Last edited by bluwrxwgn; 12-06-2006 at 11:51 AM.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:57 AM

Car Info: 2009 A3 2.0T quattro
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
exactly. READ people. I can't stand when people feel like they need to be the traffic controlers

On highway 17 I'm constantly saying....read the signs people. Slower traffic stay right. People passing slower traffic is a major problem on that road in particular because of the road condition and the fact it's 2 lanes. Just move over...it's safer for everyone.
Indeed - I do drive avoid the left lane when possible. However, the Calornia driver's handbook EXPLICITLY says that you should choose the MIDDLE lane for travel, not the far right one. Thats what I do. I pick a lane thats not the left lane, and stick with 65. Its the solution that gives the best safety, legality and mileage.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:59 AM

Car Info: 2012 Honda Civic Si
yeah, the only thing is that, what i've been told anyway, it's more economical to cruise at a certain speed than to accelerate to over take then come down to whatever traveling speed is safe...i'm not sure that made sense, but if it didn't, i can re-explain it
Old 12-06-2006, 12:26 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
I've seen a good share of subby asshat drivers.

They think their the poop. Just because you have AWD doesn't mean you can take hard turns in the rain and expect to stick. AWD doesn't work when your foot is off the gas son...
Old 12-06-2006, 01:03 PM

Car Info: 2008 WRX, 2009 Forester X

My Fast likes to drive like an a$$hat.

Old 12-06-2006, 01:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: looking for a gc
Originally Posted by stevenkhau
But it's equally BS to obey one law (slow traffic keep right) and ignore another one (speed limit). They may be jerk asses, but they're obeying the law and if you wanna break it, go on around them on the right.
the speed limit is a recommendation, based on road conditions, traffic conditions and other things.... you ever hear of natural law? speed of traffic is usually safer to follow, this is how i get out of several speeding tickets, if not by the officer, then by the judge...
Old 12-06-2006, 01:31 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
Originally Posted by mcowger
Are you talking about Prius drivers that (gasp!) go the speed limit? Like 65? Where their car and nearly EVERY OTHER CAR ON THE ROAD gets its best economy.

Yeah, talk smack about people who are making the world better - good plan.
No I'm not. You are assuming way more than you actually know.

I'm talking about Prius who are going 10 mph below flow of traffic (which is going speed limit), meandering lane changes, 2 block deceleration zones to make a turn.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:39 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by chimchimm5
No I'm not. You are assuming way more than you actually know.

I'm talking about Prius who are going 10 mph below flow of traffic (which is going speed limit), meandering lane changes, 2 block deceleration zones to make a turn.
I thought that you could get partial energy regeneration on a Prius by simply letting off the accelerator? If this is true, it might explain the 2 block decel zones.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:44 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Originally Posted by krzyxrevver12
the speed limit is a recommendation, based on road conditions, traffic conditions and other things.... you ever hear of natural law? speed of traffic is usually safer to follow, this is how i get out of several speeding tickets, if not by the officer, then by the judge...
Actually, it's not a recommendation. The white signs are actual limits that LEO can enforce. The yellow ones going around turns are recommendations.

Read this section labeled "Maximum Speed Limit"...
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/hdbk/pgs19thru22.htm

it does specifically state it's ILLEGAL to exceed the maximum speed limit. Also, it says "you may NEVER exceed the posted speed limit."

back to the subject...I totally agree that people driving 65 are *******s, but the problem lies with the law and not the jerks. California laws must be changed to accomodate the current traffic conditions as well as the modern automobiles that have increased safety features. Of course, it can't compensate for morons, but it'll help a little.

And yes, passing on the right is what causes accident...but once again, it'll be your fault and not the fault of the guy slowing down traffic in the left lane. You're the one breaking the law...despite the fact it's a ridiculous law.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Snot Rod
I thought that you could get partial energy regeneration on a Prius by simply letting off the accelerator? If this is true, it might explain the 2 block decel zones.
No, you have to be braking. In fact, the Prius stock doesn't activate regeneration until you are pressing the brake hard enough. Very light braking doesn't even activate the system.

There are mods to make it activate sooner, but you MUST be applying the brakes.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:05 PM

And yes, passing on the right is what causes accident...but once again, it'll be your fault and not the fault of the guy slowing down traffic in the left lane. You're the one breaking the law...despite the fact it's a ridiculous law.
The cops need to start issuing tickets to people too far left for their given speed.

That'll encourage more efficient traffic and less people passing on the right.

But back to the subject... WHY ARE VW DRIVERS SUCH ANALCAVITIES? ;P

Last edited by chimchimm5; 12-06-2006 at 03:27 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07' AW 335i & 05' WD Escalade

'Nuff said.
+352398732894529085
Im thinking about getting a sticker made and putting it on my side window so I can point it out to the dumbass blocking traffic.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:45 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Actually, it's not a recommendation. The white signs are actual limits that LEO can enforce. The yellow ones going around turns are recommendations.

Read this section labeled "Maximum Speed Limit"...
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/hdbk/pgs19thru22.htm

it does specifically state it's ILLEGAL to exceed the maximum speed limit. Also, it says "you may NEVER exceed the posted speed limit."

back to the subject...I totally agree that people driving 65 are *******s, but the problem lies with the law and not the jerks. California laws must be changed to accomodate the current traffic conditions as well as the modern automobiles that have increased safety features. Of course, it can't compensate for morons, but it'll help a little.

that's for maximum speed limits...if you look at the signs not all of them say speed MAXIMUM on them. There are laws for both types.

Per the speed limit. I think it's funny that our speed limits are lower now than they were 40 years ago and our cars are 50x's safer.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
winnAr! winnAr! winnAr!
Yeah that's got to be it... They (we, I have a VW now) drive badly because they wish they had a more expensive car. That's pretty stupid man, even for an automotive internet forum.

A couple weeks ago when I got off my exit a silver Jetta came from the left and tried to make it onto the freeway, but spun and ended up facing me in the oncoming lane. That was really dumb, but I bet it has a LOT more to do with the driver than the make/model of the car. Yesterday I was driving down Lawrence and this purple GTI comes up next to me, in heavy traffic, lines up next to me and does the BOV thing a bunch, then punches it 3x trying to get me to play I guess. I did nothing, and ignored them but seriously - that is really irritating and has happened to me actually a lot over the years. Honestly - getting mad at a particular brand of car seems pretty silly. I have seen a lot of asshats out there in Suby's too, but I still like them.

Yesterday I had to get around 5 cars who were "parked" in the fast lane. They were all different brands. The fast lane is the slow lane for retards on the phone. Seriously, more than specific car brands I get angered at people on the phone oblivious to the huge hunk of metal they are directing down the road.

There is no real solution to the idiots driving slow in the fast lane. Usually if you honk at them enough to distract them from their phonecall, they just get pissed at you so it's not really doing anything.

What would help is if there were some form of agency out there that would patrol the roads and keep an eye out for these things. You know, stop people for violations that actually would make a difference rather than the usual front plate or any of the other BS things..

Quick Reply: VW's... the new a$$hats