Vent: Idiots who stop in the middle of a drive thru

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by musashi
people talk like they're going to do something in these situations, but her proving that you hit her car is just as difficult as you proving you didn't. If there's no police report, statements or a recording... she's likely determined its not worth her time to pursue.

don't call her.

how so?

1) she took his info, if there was no accident how would she have this?
2) if she reports this to her insurance co. and they call to verify that he hit her from behind regardless of the situation. it's his fault.

Let me ask all of you this, if some one tapped your bumper even ever so slightly in a drive thru and you wanted a new bumper, how many of you would take advantage of this situation?

This line from the OP tells me that you weren't paying attention to what was in front of you:
I was pulling forward already as the cashier was ready to take my money and I tap her bumper lightly (very lightly to be exact).

sorry, I hope nothing is reported and you don't get dinged for a something lame like this but it was your fault.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:28 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
Originally Posted by En3D
how so?

2) if she reports this to her insurance co. and they call to verify that he hit her from behind regardless of the situation. it's his fault.

There is no way to prove this. He can just as easily lie lie lie and say she backed into him and thats why she has the info
Old 08-23-2007, 12:40 PM

^^ exactly correct. The fact that they exchanged information has nothing to do with who was at fault. Further, scratches on the top of the bumper are going to be damn hard to allocate fault to him. What's she going to do? Spend 20-30 hours of her time pursuing a weak claim on the off chance she will get a $400 bumper replaced for free? How many of us have dings and dents on our cars that we know who caused them, but don't pursue because its not worth the effort? I know I do...
Old 08-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Should have burned the bitccht to death.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:59 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX
I got rearended in my pathfinder when the lady behind me at a stop sign didn't stop. I took all of her information and took pictures of my car and her car. The next day I decided the damage was minimal and I kind of just didn't care enough anymore to go through an insurance claim.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:05 PM

we'll agree to disagree on this one. she would spend very little time. call her insurance company and tell them what happened and the fact that this happened in a drive thru which most likely is taped.

the insurance company will pursue as they see fit. if the insurance co. does not want to invest that much time in proving who is at fault then that's their choice.

I've been in 3 accidents, all in a cursed car and none were my fault. Of the 3, only one had police report because the guy tried to run. after calling my insurance company, I had to do very little else beside taking it to the shop.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:41 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Wagon (RIP)
Originally Posted by ucbsti
There is no way to prove this. He can just as easily lie lie lie and say she backed into him and thats why she has the info
Except for the fact he just basically confessed on a public forum that he rear ended her ever so slightly. Even though the OP is blaming the Lexus driver, his description of the events makes it sound like he was following too closely and not paying enough attention.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:59 PM

Car Info: a prius, a miata, & 2 m3's
yeah dontcall her wtf lol
Old 08-23-2007, 02:45 PM

Car Info: Wish it was still my WRB STI
Guys, thanks for the advice, seems it's getting a little heated in here but can't we just all get along?

I didn't say that I wasn't at fault. I admit that I did indeed tap her bumper but her false accusations of the damage is what I'm really trying to get at. I won't call her and hope it ends at that. Thanks for the advice guys!
Old 08-23-2007, 03:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by SUBY_6_STI
im sure in'n'out has a security camera filming the drive thru. call the manager and ask if you can get a copy before they tape over it.
they don't record... just monitor, however if you go talk to the store manager and ask who was working pay window at that time, you may get your witness.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:09 PM
VIP Member

I wouldn't worry unless you hear from her.

However, on the topic of drive thru's....

Getting an inch away from the person's bumper in front of you doesn't speed anything up... EXCEPT... EXCEPT... lol ... when we get those customers who either fall asleep in the Drive Thru... or decide that they want to thumb threw the 10 dubs they ordered to figure out which is which at the handout window...

feel free to be on their bumper lol

just chill and relax, it only takes about 7-8 minutes after you order if it's busy... most of the time it's even less.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:34 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX
Or my favorite solution...don't support fast food and you won't have to wait in a drive through ever again (unless your at a liquor store in Texas)! Yeah for healthy homemade food! Yeah!
Old 08-24-2007, 01:15 AM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
^ yeah at least if you were at Whole Foods buying organic vegetarian tofu nuggets you wouldve hit a prius and the owner would be like, "its just a material object man, peace brotherrr"

you WANT to go to court?!!?! WTF!
Old 08-24-2007, 01:50 AM
VIP Member

lmao thats true
Old 08-24-2007, 08:27 AM

Car Info: 05' WRB STI
Originally Posted by ucbsti
Any insurance company worth it's salt would laugh in your face if someone said that. Why? Because if you were in the drive thru and were backed into wouldn't you be the one reporting a claim to both insurance companies? Why wouldthe person at fault report it to both her company and in turn why would they then report it to yours if THEY were at fault?

For the OP, should the lady end up claiming any damage your insurance company will probably just measure your front bumper in relation to her rear bumper and look at the dmg she is claiming to see if it's "fresh". If they determine it was preexisting then you're off the hook.