US economy is so bad, illegal immigrants are leaving!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 08:59 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by CynicalCS84
You're absolutely right. 25 billion is absolutely nothing. The 200 million poor *******s like me paying $25k a year in taxes makes up for it just fine.
If you're paying $25k a year in taxes, you're either not poor or you shouldn't be doing your own taxes.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
I've been thinking...those guys get $15/hr...I should stand out there and swoop some jobs from them but my dad says i'd get beat like a pinata lol

Edit: as i finally actually read the posts above mine lol...yeah they are pretty much set at $15/hr. My parents bought some a few months ago.
Your parents bought some illegal immigrants?? What do you feed them?
Old 02-11-2009, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by sigma pi
ok so a bail out of 800 billion is nothing too?

thats per a year and im sure alot if not all is untaxed
How could something that's 32 times the previous amount be "nothing too"? $800 billion is 5% of $14 trillion, which when you're talking about budgeting, is a significant amount. $25 billion, on the other hand, is only 0.1786%. Yes, it's screwed up that money is leaving the country, but there are bigger conduits carrying much larger sums straight out of our country, like the massive multi-national conglomerate corporations that not only send money but also send jobs overseas.

Comparing $800 billion bailouts that were provided as a gift to failed companies to $25 billion that was earned by immigrants through back-breaking hard labor is disingenuous, and an invalid comparison--they actually worked for their money and earned it.

**** the corporations, **** the bailouts, and **** illegal immigrants too. I'm just saying there are worse offenders than them, is all.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:17 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by saqwarrior
If you're paying $25k a year in taxes, you're either not poor or you shouldn't be doing your own taxes.
yeah he gave up his career though thats what i asked
Your parents bought some illegal immigrants?? What do you feed them?
slave owners hahhahaha
Originally Posted by willow
Is that mean we have to pay more for produce and fast food? I rather keep them and keep price down.
ditto
Originally Posted by jic
shet..there goes my upholstery guy
and my detail guy
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
No they aint. All Imprezas are still mfg in Japan. Legacy's and Tribeca's are built in Indy though.
sorry i thoguht the pimpreza and badassmobile were made here

the 08 vintage
Old 02-11-2009, 09:42 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by jic
shet..there goes my upholstery guy
I know a couple EXCELLENT upholstery guys that are legal residents.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:36 AM

Car Info: 06 WRX
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
I hate to sound like an english professor, but care to cite your sources? I'd love to know what ILLEGALS are making $150 per day. I'll do it for $120/day!!!
Common knowledge. I've seen them get paid first hand.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:45 AM

If it's common knowledge, then citing a source should be no problem.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:05 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Him and his family will live like royalty in guatemala off the money he made here over the past few years. I wonder if he questions why the economy is so bad here? Maybe because people like him bled the country dry sending our money over to feed his 13 kids in guatemala.

So you were witness to the employment and payment of illegals? Why didn't you call INS to secure jobs for AMERICANS?
Old 02-11-2009, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by vrt mbasile
so you were witness to the employment and payment of illegals? Why didn't you call ins to secure jobs for americans?
u-s-a!! U-s-a!! U-s-a!!
Old 02-11-2009, 03:04 PM

Car Info: 05' WRX (Dirty Black)
lets see, our economy is so sh!tty, even immigrants are leaving, how is this a good thing? oh yeah, immigrants are leaving! yay!

wait, if immigrants are leaving, dosen't that mean there are less jobs available. yay less jobs available!

doesn't that also mean the place they used to rent will no longer be rented, and if it was a house, it might be foreclosed. yay more foreclosures!

doesn't that also means that all the places they used to shop at, grocery store, clothing store, car dealerships, ect. will lose their business and probably be forced to lay off people. yay more lay offs!

so all together none of those things are good for the economy, and in reality making things worse. but hey, who cares? immigrants are leaving!

yay shortsightedness!:
Old 02-11-2009, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by turfshark
doesn't that also means that all the places they used to shop at, grocery store, clothing store, car dealerships, ect. will lose their business and probably be forced to lay off people. yay more lay offs!

so all together none of those things are good for the economy, and in reality making things worse. but hey, who cares? immigrants are leaving!

yay shortsightedness!:
Yeah, people love to concentrate on the fact that illegal immigrants don't pay taxes and get free healthcare somehow (which I have trouble believing--I'd love to know how they get free healthcare), but completely ignore the fact that they contribute to the economy in many other ways.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:21 PM
9 to 5 mod

Yeah, people love to concentrate on the fact that illegal immigrants don't pay taxes and get free healthcare somehow (which I have trouble believing--I'd love to know how they get free healthcare), but completely ignore the fact that they contribute to the economy in many other ways.
yes they ship out 25 billion a year
Old 02-11-2009, 04:23 PM
9 to 5 mod

get sick go to the hospital and walk out
Old 02-11-2009, 04:30 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by turfshark
lets see, our economy is so sh!tty, even immigrants are leaving, how is this a good thing? oh yeah, immigrants are leaving! yay!

wait, if immigrants are leaving, dosen't that mean there are less jobs available. yay less jobs available!

doesn't that also mean the place they used to rent will no longer be rented, and if it was a house, it might be foreclosed. yay more foreclosures!

yay shortsightedness!:
The economy will always have highs and lows. There is a thing as oversaturation and sometimes some businesses will have to close shop due to the economy and saturation of their line of business in a particular area.

If you look at what the average illegal immigrant (the one who has no intention of being a citizen of this country) takes in vs. sends back to their country vs. spends on our free market you'll see this number is very skewed. Then factor in things like not paying taxes and cost of health care, blah blah blah and you'll see not everything is a simple as you make it to be.

Bottom line is no country can sustain open borders, free for all policies. While the idealistic, vocal majority believe in this, any countries economy would collapse like a house of cards in a hurricane under those conditions.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by sigma pi
get sick go to the hospital and walk out
Doesn't that only work with life-threatening emergencies?

Quick Reply: US economy is so bad, illegal immigrants are leaving!