URGENT!! Got 2 tickets in 3 days!!! help plzz

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 11:00 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX sonic yellow
Angry URGENT!! Got 2 tickets in 3 days!!! help plzz

doh...tickets again..just got another one today...and i need help on this guys...never got one b4...but yea...i got one for modified exhaust (code: 27151a) 2 days ago...and today...got another one for tints (code: 26708a) and front license plate (5200vc)...and wut sucks the most is not the ticket...is the police officer being an *** hole about it (i know they are just doing thir job...so i am not mad about it, but atleast be nice)...but yea...
only the front license plate is correctable violation...so does that mean the others are not "fix up" tickets? does that mean i can't just get someone to sign it off? what should i do??

and yea...is there anyone willing to help me out? like trade their license plates with mine and have a PO sign it off or something? i have a sonic yellow one...pleaaasssee help out..or is there any police officers on this board willing to help out??

helpppp pleaseeee any suggestions will help...i never had a ticket b4...so i have no idea wut to do...

oh and btw...the officer wrote the wrong license plate on the tint ticket...does that mean...i dont have to go to court? or pay the ticket?? thanks a lot...
Old 08-16-2003, 11:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
What do the tickets indicate you need to do for the exhaust/tint? I've never been cited for either before, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. If it's not a correctable, there is probably some fine associated with it...more info.

For the plates, if you try to switch them, you and the person who switches with you are morons. If you have two plates, install the other, drive to CHP, have officer sign it off. Drive home, remove plates..VOILA! If you don't have another plate, call the DMV and order them. Then, on your court date, go and file for an extension (unless you already got your plates, which is doubtful) then go back and submit your signed ticket on your new date.
Old 08-16-2003, 11:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
to fix the tint issue, you could try buying some windows off a wrecked car and just popping them in if you have to get signed off, and then putting the tinted ones back after.

pain in the ***, but cheaper than having to **** away the money you spent tinting them to start.
Old 08-17-2003, 07:45 AM

but is it correctable tho? according to the first PO who wrote me the ticket...she said all i have to do is a have PO sign it off...but she checked the citation not correctable box...wuts going on???
Old 08-17-2003, 08:58 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
For modified exhaust, was it a "visit a state ref" ticket? If not, put the stock muffler on, and get it signed off. pay the $10 fee, you are done.

The second ticket should be thrown out in court. Wrong license plate number means wrong info, means you get the technicality.

Anyone know how to effective word a challenge like that? I'll try to work on something for you. But if info is inncorrect, then the cop has nothing. Your vehicle registration slip should do just fine for proof in court. how badly was he off?

-Gagan
Old 08-17-2003, 03:34 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
if your exhaust is just a cat back, then take it to the ref with the exhaust the way it is. You are allowed to have a cat-back exhaust in the state of california, if not, just swap it with your stock system and then go visit the ref.
Old 08-17-2003, 04:37 PM

wow thanks gagan for atleast some good news =) but he was only off by one number tho...my last digit was a 9 and he put a 1...

and how do i check if its a "visit a state ref" ticket"? i never got a ticket b4...so i dont know...but there is a box that says "correctable violation" and the "no" box was checked...so yea...not so good eh?

and btw...how much do they charge to take it to a ref? and if they write it off at the ref...do i still have to pay for the ticket??

but anyways thanks for the repliesss
=)

Last edited by onionring; 08-17-2003 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-17-2003, 05:03 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
The exhaust should be correctable under any circumstances... I got a ticket for 'modified exhaust' recently, and the CHP officer checked "not correctable." However, he must have used the wrong CVC section, because my courtesy notice from the clerk indicates that it was correctable (and it is being signed off as I type). If it doesn't come back as correctable, fight it- technically, any exhaust with a "muffler type device" is legal provided it does not create "harsh, excessive" noise. Since you are still a lot quiter and reasonable than a harley or diesel truck (I presume) you can beat that particular citation. Getting signed off is just easier.
Old 08-17-2003, 06:10 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
Do NOT ever take a modified exhaust or intake to a referee UNLESS you have a CARB authentication for it. If you do take non CARB items to a referee you will be tagged a "gross poluter" and then life gets really interesting, and expensive.

Sounds to me like you got "fix it" tickets which aren't the end of the world.

Good Luck.
Old 08-19-2003, 02:11 AM

yay...thanks for the replies guys..i dont care about fix it tickets...just afriad its not correctable and its gonna cost me like 200-300 dollars...but yea...does anyone know if apex gt exhuasts are CARB legal?...with silencer/without silencer?