Upipe/Downpipe Install Next Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 09:40 PM
2006 Mt Hammy Car Show Winner

Car Info: Black 03 WRX, White 04 E46 M3
Upipe/Downpipe Install Next Weekend

Well summer is finally arriving for me and that means, time to mod my car I am going to get a gruppe-s uppipe and helix downpipe at the end of the week. I was wondering if anyone that has installed one before could come help me out or if you would be kind enough to let me come over if you have the right tools i could do that also. I am pretty positive i can do this on my own but i don't want to get stuck so any help is great. I live in Fremont and it will be either this weekend or sometime next week. Thnx alot if your willing to help out. -dan
Old 06-15-2003, 11:36 PM

Car Info: Nadda
I'm going to do the same to my car pretty soon. I know a dude who worked on his own WRX, and installed everything else himself. His labor is cheaper than what Gruppe-S charges for labor. He has the same uppipe and downpipe installs that you're going to do, and he's a pretty cool guy. He lives in Union City, but I live in Fremont, and I'm chillin' at his house all the time.

I think I'm going to purchase my up-pipe on Monday, don't forget to get new gaskets.
Old 06-16-2003, 01:31 AM

lots and lots of wd40. i can help you out. ive got the same uppipe, i just dont have the dp, but i had to take it out before i could install the up.
Old 06-16-2003, 04:06 PM

yea, i am pretty sure i know how to install it from reading the directions. But i just wanted someone who has done it to maybe help out to reduce time and make sure i do it right. Also to help tap for my egt gauge and stuff.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:12 AM

Car Info: 2002 Aspen White Wrx Wagon
im down to help. i have done the up-pipe and down-pipe all at my house. and since i am on vacation from school and have no job, i am pretty much free the whole day. if you want you are welcome to use my garage to work on the car. i will pm you with my cell number. i live in fremont.

pete
Old 06-17-2003, 08:14 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Dang, we got lotsa people. Just throw a barbeque, and invite everyone over. We'll have a bake out, and have some of us learn/help with the installations.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:54 AM

if people want to have a bbq, its coo. we can make this like basic bolt-on day or something like that.

tk5dan... did you get samco I/C hoses. the install will be much easier with them

pete
Old 06-17-2003, 12:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: Evo X, 04 STI, 335i, Fit
I'm down to lend a hand too... let me know

Tommy
www.mpjperformance.com
Old 06-17-2003, 12:39 PM

wow lots of help. I will let everyone know when i get the uppipe and downpipe. It will be sometime next week because gruppe-s doesn't have the dp's instock tell then. Also WyldKardzWRX if it's not a problem i would love to come to your house since i don't have all the tools (torque wrench, jack stands, etc) If everything's cool with WyldKardzWRX about the work and bbq and i will bring some hotdogs, hamburgers, and drinks.

also i do have samco i/c hoses. And i guess i will probably have other easy stuff to install if thats not a prob. I am getting cusco front and rear struts from someone i know this weekend.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:58 PM

using my house is not a problem. i have no problem helping a fellow i-clubber when i can. and about the tool i have probably all the tools, but a torque wrench. i was replacing a friends axles, and made the stupid mistake of using the torque wrench as a breaker bar. woops. but other than that i should have everything. i pmed you with my celle

pete
Old 06-17-2003, 01:34 PM

alright then i will just post back when i get my stuff and see when everyone can meet. I will just go buy a torque wrench from sears today or tommorow.
Old 06-17-2003, 02:40 PM

you are also going to need that thing(i forgot what it is called) that is connected to the sensor to the down-pipe. otherwise you will probably get a CEL

pete

Quick Reply: Upipe/Downpipe Install Next Weekend