View Poll Results: Is it unethical to abuse a rental car?
Yes
22.99%
No
77.01%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Is it unethical to abuse a rental car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 12:59 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
We never did stainless 'cause we would've had to pay for those Cheap thrills FTW!

-Brian
Yeah for sure... me and my friends only did stainless once, because we found out about it from someone else... but I must say that of all of the swipe-able trays out there (McDonald's, Carl's Jr., ect) Fresh Choice has to have the BEST trays EVAR! They are like super resin fiberglass and they are big enought that you can set the wheels on one half of the tray, scrape a hole on that half and still use the other half. (We were using VW Golfs with stock wheels/tires)
Old 05-27-2009, 01:32 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
We never did stainless 'cause we would've had to pay for those Cheap thrills FTW!

-Brian
HAhahah! Like when my friend didn't want to spend money on hookers, he'd find some gal that was really unattractive and pretend like he liked her so she'd give it up, he'd close his eyes and pretend like he was with a hot girl, but in reality he was with some ugly nympho chick that he pretended he liked so she'd give it up...

I asked him if it was worth it, and he said "hell yeah, cheap thrills!".

Funny and messed up at the same time... "cheap thrills" reminded me of that. btw, that was like 10+ years ago.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:49 AM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
Cars that aren't supposed to be off road actually off road well...
Old 05-27-2009, 02:01 AM

Car Info: WRB STi Hatch, JSW Diesel
ill be the brave one and post up some pics from one of my most recent rental cars

oh..and trust me ive done worse...ive returned a mazda 6 with a blown tranny(no charge on my part thank god). i must say that thing did neutral drops like a champ...we probably did close to 50 that day. i shoulda took a pic of the trail of fluid that lead from the supermarket plaza back to my house. whatd they give me for a replacement? pontiac g6....holy burnouts batman!

the best rally car ive had was a mazda 3 hatchback. god that thing was a champ and just went through everything i gave it

ive been stopped by the good ol san ramon pd after doing some donuts and street races in a g35 rental back in 2003. cant believe i got to keep the car at no charge for over a month
Old 05-27-2009, 02:10 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Originally Posted by dynamicprojeKtz
oh..and trust me ive done worse...ive returned a mazda 6 with a blown tranny(no charge on my part thank god). i must say that thing did neutral drops like a champ...we probably did close to 50 that day. i shoulda took a pic of the trail of fluid that lead from the supermarket plaza back to my house. whatd they give me for a replacement? pontiac g6....holy burnouts batman!

the best rally car ive had was a mazda 3 hatchback. god that thing was a champ and just went through everything i gave it

ive been stopped by the good ol san ramon pd after doing some donuts and street races in a g35 rental back in 2003. cant believe i got to keep the car at no charge for over a month
I just lol'd like none other... that is hilarious!
Old 05-27-2009, 02:20 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
man u always hear good rental car stories hahaha
Old 05-27-2009, 04:32 AM

Car Info: 2004 sti WRBluuu
took a mitsu mirage we rented for some beach rally racing in FL when I was 16. It got stuck so i dug around the tires backed up as far as I could and then neutral bombed it till it got out. It was COVERED in sand inside and out, when I took it back my mom was like, why is there so much sand on the car? and i was like uhhhhhhh
Old 05-27-2009, 06:15 AM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Rented a Jeep Cherokee once and decided to run over everything in sight with it. Drove straight over those cement blocks at parking lots, made U-turns by jumping the curb and driving over the island, ran over a bunch of traffic cones. Oh and all this was compounded by the obligatory neutral bombs and burnouts. That Jeep could take all the abuse in the world.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:22 AM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
Is it unethical to abuse a rental car?
This is a joke question right?

Or do you own a rent-a-car place?
Old 05-27-2009, 07:22 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Hypocrisy in action!

Originally Posted by imHELLAslow
i put no, because I have abused my rental car before like going over speedbumps fast, off roading [it was an suv] etc haha

i remember reading somewhere where these guys hooked up nitrous to it lol, im sure there are plenty of youtube vids of people abusing their rentals
Originally Posted by imHELLAslow
good thing you didnt drink it! couldve been roofies ahahaha

i hate people that have no respect for other peoples things. last time some customer stole my boss iphone right off his desk.. lame mannn
Old 05-27-2009, 08:02 AM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
First off - I'm a Commercial Truck guy, haven't done the car rental thing in 4+ years, so I could really care less what anyone does.

BUT

There actually is a "wanton and reckless" clause in the rental contract for DW. If you take if off-road and get caught you are screwed.

RE: buying rental cars.
I would say that brucelee's thinking certainly applies to economey cars. People beat the crap outta them.
But with the nicer stuff (Infiniti's, Caddy's ect) the branches are pretty selective on who they rent to. The cars are so expensive to rent that you don't tend to see people beating on them. I would not hesitate to buy an FX35 or something like that.

Another FYI - 90% of the used cars (with AT's) you see on lots and at dealerships are former rentals. Part of the profit matrix is resale and most of that is wholesale to dealers

Last edited by Lowend; 05-27-2009 at 08:07 AM.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:04 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
oooooooooooo

my last rental car was like 2 weeks ago.........it was fun
Old 05-27-2009, 08:11 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Hypocrisy in action!
nice.

I don't trash rentals. When I'm in them I really don't have the time and I don't want to get blacklisted. haha

I'm old.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:38 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
When I visit my family in Austria, I fly into Zurich, as renting a car is much easier.
Being an arrogant American, I park the car pretty much where ever I please and simply stuff the citations into the glovebox.

The fourth trip over, the car rental agency said I was on a list; needed to pay ~$1000 to get off the list.

I don't rent from that agency anymore.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:15 AM

Car Info: 2006 WRX wagon
I mostly offroad rental vehicles for work.

This one pictured had to replace all 4 tires and clean out the intake and reset the computer. We got charged for under-carriage damage. "trail rated" my a$$.

Quick Reply: Is it unethical to abuse a rental car?