10.34%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

The Ultimate Question: Bread or Rice?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 11:47 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
The Ultimate Question: Bread or Rice?

If you had to pick between rice or bread to eat with your meals for the rest of your life, which would you choose? If you choose bread, you will never be able to have rice again, and vice versa. You're not stuck just eating one or the other exclusively, just as something you eat with meals like you normally do.

For me, it's bread 100% hands down. Having been brought up in Europe, I was raised on bread and didn't eat rice very often, and as a result I'm a bread fanatic and eat bread with everything including french fries and anything else.

Bread > Rice
Old 08-15-2009, 11:54 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
bread ftw since i only eat rice when i go out to eat some kind of Asian food. Without bread i would be without hamburger buns and sandwiches would not exist! And worse of all no CORNBREAD!!!!
Old 08-15-2009, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by ruehl
bread ftw since i only eat rice when i go out to eat some kind of Asian food. Without bread i would be without hamburger buns and sandwiches would not exist! And worse of all no CORNBREAD!!!!
Dude, NO PIZZA!!!

Bread for the mother f'ing WIN!

I like rice, but rice is crap compared to bread!
Old 08-16-2009, 12:05 AM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
No rice equals no carne asada burritos or sushi rolls.

I'm going with rice.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:11 AM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
2-billion Chinese can't be wrong!
Old 08-16-2009, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Lowend
2-billion Chinese can't be wrong!
O yes they can and they have been its called opium!
Old 08-16-2009, 12:29 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
I voted bread as well.. My family is Finnish and well it was always common to have home made bread daily. I dont eat so much of either on a regular basis but i would have to say i have more bread items than rice items.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by ruehl
O yes they can and they have been its called opium!
If the chinese had an option for bread (way back when) and had a choice of rice or bread, they'd be all over bread! Only reason they eat rice is cuz it's cheap, mass produced, and way easier then bread.

Sushi is my fav food, but I'd still choose bread over rice. Who knows, maybe we could adopt bread as an alternative to rice? Nah, we'll just have to stick to sashimi.

Man, I really don't know what I'd do if one day I developed an allergy to bread... I'm having a panic attack just thinking about it!

If you guys ever make it out to Germany, do yourself a favor and visit some local small town bakeries and try various breads from the region. Germany not only has the best chocolate and candy, but their bread is second to none!

Funny story, when my family and I first came to the USA from Germany when I was younger my aunt had prepared a nice dinner for us which was very nice of her... Along with the meal was a loaf of some pretty standard french bread... I'll never forget the moment that I first tried the said bread (which was the french bread that safeway makes)... I had been so used to the most phenominal breads in the world and when I tried the american loaf I almost started crying and asked "Is this what all the bread in America tastes like?", to which I got a yes response. I was soooooooo sad knowing that Id never get to eat real German bread ever again. Bread is my fav food and goes well with everything!

Something similar happened that day too... Being used to the best chocolate in the world, I was given my first Hershey's bar. It was 100x worse then the bread thing... Chocolate was my life, and I thought all American chocolate was as bad as Hershey's, and this time I actually started crying.

To this day I still refuse to eat Hersheys chocolate. It's just awful and waxy... Just horrible, horrible chocolate and I don't understand how they are till in business or why people buy that crap!

Good German/euro chololates that are very common and inexpensive:

1. Kinder Chocolate, both the bars and eggs.

2. Milka, super creamy milk chocolate

3. Lindt gourmet chocolate.

The 3 types of chocolate cover the entire chocolate spectrum and honestly you won't need any other type of chocolate ever again if you have a stash of this stuff. Out of the 3 types, Kinder Chocolate kicks the living crap out of any other type of chocolate. It's aimed at children and is a combo of super creamy milk chocolate with a layer of ultra smooth white chocolate. They come in hollow two layered eggs, or in small two layered bars. The hollow eggs come with a plastic egg inside that contains a toy that you have to assemble, and it's my theory that the Germans are such good engineers because of Kinder chocolate.

As you can see in the pic, the inner layer of the hollow egg is a super tasty white chocolate that melts in your mouth, and the outter layer of the hollow egg is a extremely creamy milk chocolate. Combined, these two chocolates move mountains. They don't really sell them in the USA (they sell them in every other country) due to the fact that the eggs have a disassembled toy inside which could cause someone to choke, and of course that means that people would sue, etc. If you ever get a chance to try one of these, I HIGHLY suggest doing so. It's the best chocolate on earth!

And for all you stoners out there, there's an adult version of the egg too.

Not only do you get an amazing chocolate egg, but you get some funky herb too.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:51 AM

I have another plug for bread! When you are huging a toliet because you drank 5 beers too many where do you turn? Bread! not rice! Bread saves you! rice would just come back up

Bread is also portable. You can take it anywhere? A hike or a morning job its the go everywhere always taste good food, unless there is mold then its no good but that is your own damn fault for not enjoying the bread fast enough!

And there are more varieties. I mean you have brown and white rice! Pretty lame!
Old 08-16-2009, 01:04 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
You can't compare the two. Bread is produced from a number of ingredients (flour, water, etc) while rice is a raw food stuff. You can make bread with RICE flour. This begs the question: does rice bread fall under the ride or bread category?

If I have to pick a side I'll stick with rice but there are better match ups. The real question is: Potato, Rice or Wheat?
Old 08-16-2009, 01:05 AM

Car Info: 2008 Forester XT Sports
Us Westies, or dirty Irish, love that soda bread...
Old 08-16-2009, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by SomethingClassy

If I have to pick a side I'll stick with rice but there are better match ups. The real question is: Potato, Rice or Wheat?
WHEAT! i can not live without wheat beer.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:17 AM

Car Info: Type 53
my Longsilog wouldn't be the same without rice, preferrably with garlic on it.

counter your wheat beer with rice wine, SAKE!
Old 08-16-2009, 01:32 AM

Just imagine this....

No...

1. Sandwiches

2. Pizza

3. Waffles/pancakes

4. Burgers

5. garlic bread

6. etc and about 5,000,000 other great foods!

I'm getting all panicky just thinking about it! lol
Old 08-16-2009, 01:36 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX, 2014 BRZ
Originally Posted by brucelee
Just imagine this....

No...

1. Sandwiches

2. Pizza

3. Waffles/pancakes

4. Burgers

5. garlic bread

6. etc and about 5,000,000 other great foods!

I'm getting all panicky just thinking about it! lol
rice really has no taste... its more of a staple food

but then you would be missing out on SUSHI......

Quick Reply: The Ultimate Question: Bread or Rice?