Ultimate Fighter Finale

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 07:46 PM

Ultimate Fighter Finale

Tuned in just to watch the Slice vs Alexander fight. All I got to say is: WEAKSAUCE!! Most boring, disappointing fight ever! The only move that looked good was the suplex Slice made on Alexander and that was it lol
Old 12-05-2009, 08:05 PM

Car Info: 2005 Stg.2 Wrx
"This is the first time Houston Alexander has followed his game plan!"

LOL.

but yea, it was a boring fight..
Old 12-05-2009, 11:44 PM

Car Info: 02 Wagon
Any body see Brendon Schaub's 06-07 Black STi?
Old 12-06-2009, 12:34 AM
banned

Car Info: Honda RVT RC51
^Too busy checking out his brunette GF to notice.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:56 AM

Car Info: Teh Subie
Originally Posted by c32c7
^Too busy checking out his brunette GF to notice.
ditto. I was like "damn she's hot, but clearly has issues since hooking up with a fighter prob means she needs to feel safe/protected". and then the Subie popped up.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:28 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by STiForFun
ditto. I was like "damn she's hot, but clearly has issues since hooking up with a fighter prob means she needs to feel safe/protected". and then the Subie popped up.
I dunno how well protected Brendan's old lady feels now after he got KTFO by the most out of shape guy in MMA.

I give Big Country his props. Dude went in there as the underdog and came out on top.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:17 PM

he may be fat, but definitely not out of shape. i was happy when big country got his win, i love underdogs.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by woocabin
he may be fat, but definitely not out of shape. i was happy when big country got his win, i love underdogs.
Yeah, round is a shape, dammit!
Old 12-07-2009, 08:33 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by djcsquared
Any body see Brendon Schaub's 06-07 Black STi?
why do you assume it's his? SHE was the one standing in front of it.

per the rest of the fight card. Kimbo looked half decent. He was smart not just bum rushing Houston. Houston was scared out of his mind. It might be smart to take smacks at someone's weak point and it may turn out to be the one thing Kimbo can't get passed... EVERYONE will be gunning for that knee. But I also think it's the ***** way out. He really only caught it good once or twice and the only one that really hurt was the back door trip. A better striker would have kicked Houstons head off after the first minute of circling. Unfortunately Kimbo doesn't have head kicks. He was just circling right into a left head kick. I have honestly lost all the "fear/respect" factor for Houston after that fight. Hell I thought they should have stopped it when kimbo had him on the ground in the second round. He was rocked and he gave up. He was looking for a way out but kimbo's JJ isn't there yet. He tried but most guys would have ended it with a rear naked in the second. Houston rolled in to it. He wanted out.

I felt bad for the Hammer. Dude got man handled. But I think the judges made the right call on disqualification. Those elbows are as dangerous as it comes. I personally think that they are trying to force fighters to walk to close a line with elbows. They should just outlaw ALL elbows that come from that downward motion. In that position even I could smash a quality fighters face and end his career. If the ref would have let him throw 1 or 2 more of those Matt's eye socket would have been gone. The guy said... that's an illegal elbow and he through 2 more right after. Too bad too because he had that fight wrapped up.

Meat head looked half decent. Got some heavy hands. Big baby is a big strong dude but he's got a glass jaw. I don't think the fight game is where he should be. He won't last long. Only a matter of time before he gets matched up with the wrong dude and takes a massive blow. Maybe just keep working on his ground game and become a heavyweight coach.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:26 AM

Car Info: 2010 Subaru WRX
out of curiosity, where did you get even get a glimpse of it? the car i mean.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:34 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by mrshy333
out of curiosity, where did you get even get a glimpse of it? the car i mean.
just before the fight they were doing the prefight stuff. Following each fighter around and what not. There was a clip and his girl was standing in front of the sti in the garage.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:18 AM

I felt terrible for the hammer too, but what was even more amazing was his response to his disqualification. True sportsmanship right there. I gained SO much respect for him
Old 12-07-2009, 10:30 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by woocabin
I felt terrible for the hammer too, but what was even more amazing was his response to his disqualification. True sportsmanship right there. I gained SO much respect for him
I agree for both guys. Matt flat said he couldn't continue. I mean the dude was still defending WITH a jacked shoulder.

Jones handled it very well. He seems like a really good young dude. With that kind of attitude and the god given gifts he has he's gonna be HUGE. I mean the dude has a ridiculous reach for ANY weight class. The guy reminds me of a young silva. Just crazy angles on his strikes and they're ALL vicious. A lot like rumble johnson. Long lanky and dangerous.

Hammer is a solid fighter but that's a really bad match up for him.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:11 PM

oops i meant jones**

Yea, supposedly jon jones is a really faithful christian, i hope to see him get real big in the future. and like you said, his reach is just.. wow. lol. .. wow.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:33 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Yeah, that Jones vs "The Hammer" fight was crazy to watch. Jones is one Lanky Dude, but man he can strike. I am really looking forward to seeing him fight again. It sucks what happened though as "The Hammer" is one of my favorite fighters and it sucked watching him just get brutalized like that. There was so much blood in his face that his eyes were covered and he couldn't even see for a while.

Definitely agree that the Kimbo Slice vs Houston Alexander fight was one of the Most Pathetic & Boring 1st rounds (well ANY round) of fighting I've ever seen. Seriously they even commented on the fact by saying something like "We are going to end up with 5 different camera angles of 4 different things and NOTHING is happening" or something to that extent. As soon as they rang the bell for the end of the fight both fighters instantly dropped to have their hands on their knees as they were totally gassed. Everyone at our place was cracking up.

Yeah, Brendan Schaub definitely has a nice ride (the car's pretty nice too ).

Did anyone else notice that "Big Country" came out to "Weird Al's - Fat"? Loved when he won and then he climbed up and was sitting on the top of the octagon rubbing his belly. Pure comedy right there.

Quick Reply: Ultimate Fighter Finale