Ugh, Problems with Carlsen Subaru Service

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 08:16 PM

Car Info: 08 Sti
Ugh, Problems with Carlsen Subaru Service

I tell ya, i never expected to have such a bad experience with Subaru Service. Ive owned Mazdas my entire life (still own 2 RX-7's) and never had a problem dealing with the service departments.
Basically, i dropped the car off for the 22k service, and picked it up after hours the next day from the dealership. When i looked at the car when i picked it up, i immediatly noticed paint missing from the rear door and door sill. Stands out real well on a white car. So i drove the car home and called the service writer the next day to tell him the car was damaged. He tells me to bring it in, i take a long lunch at work at have him look at it. He looks at it, and guesses it was caused by something closed in the door. Which, btw, is impossible because the door has no damage on the inside, its on the outside. But, i dont really care HOW it was damaged, when i dropped it off, the car was perfect. When i picked it up it was damaged.
The same day, i went to their body shop to have them take a picture and give their opinion of it. So i obliged and had it done. A few days later the service writer calls me and tells me the body shop said that something was "most likely" closed in the door. And the estimate was 400 and he was willing to go "50-50" with me. So not only were they not taking accountability, but were more interested in discovering how it happened so as to not pay for it. Its insane. When i drop my car off and spend money to have it serviced, i expect the car to be returned AT LEAST the same if not better than when i dropped it off. I own many vehicles, and havent had an experience this bad. Believe me, money is NOT an issue here. I can more than afford to pay for it, im just REALLY pissed because im very particular about my car and it was damaged by their dealership. I was just really hoping they would do more to remedy the situation and retain a customer.
A friend of mine who has an A4 had a similiar situation, and they apologized and had it repaired. And he still goes to that dealership. I have a real bad taste in my mouth now. I love the car, just need better service.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:19 PM
2006 Mt Hammy Car Show Winner

Car Info: Black 03 WRX, White 04 E46 M3
i dunno if carlsen did this or if it just happened like one of my friends did it when closing my door. But my rear doors both have like 3" marks that are pretty deep. I just noticed them while washing my car and i really hadn't noticed them before. II just got my car back the other day also.
Old 11-11-2003, 09:02 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Bogus. Push them on it. It's the service writer's responsibility to document the condition of the car at the time he writes it up (I was in service management for nearly 5 years).

If he didn't make a notation of the damage when you dropped it off - the situation should be treated as if none existed and they caused it while in their care.

What they're made of will be shown at that point (whether they pony up and fix it or not).
Old 11-11-2003, 09:08 PM

yah, it wasnt noted when the car was inspected. I asked.
Old 11-11-2003, 09:33 PM

Car Info: Not a WRX any more . . .
That's really slimey of them. I'd ask them if it's ok if you go 50-50 on any future service they hope to perform on your car.
Old 11-11-2003, 09:37 PM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
That kinda surprises me to hear about something like that from Carlsen. But if they didnt mark the damage down when you took it in then they are fully responsible, however if they did mark it down then they are not responsible. You should push them to correct it if they didnt have anything in writing about the damage when you brought the car in.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MMVI AW WRX STI
Talk to Al or Kevin. Give them the low down. Tell them we're involved.

F 'em!!!!!
Old 11-12-2003, 12:14 AM

"ooo look at me, im rich and money is no option, i can spend all i want cause mi super"

sorry

btw, give me some $ so i can mod my car
Old 11-12-2003, 12:18 AM

Car Info: 04 aspen white sti
yeah!!
Old 11-12-2003, 12:26 AM

Originally posted by Daredevil
"ooo look at me, im rich and money is no option, i can spend all i want cause mi super"

sorry

btw, give me some $ so i can mod my car

I own a wrx, not a ferrari

Can't give ya money, but i can help ya mod it and tune it. Come by the shop anytime.
Old 11-12-2003, 12:27 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
I've been hearing more and more stories about bad service or bogus voided-warranty issues with Carlsen lately. Maybe Carlsen just isnt the palce to go anymore.... maybe there's no more honest Subaru dealerships left

It'd be nice if Carlsen could give an official statement about their intentions. This word of mouth crap is so childish.

jason
Old 11-12-2003, 10:01 AM

Car Info: GDA
Originally posted by mexicanpizza
Talk to Al or Kevin. Give them the low down. Tell them we're involved.
not to say that kevin won't or can't help, but something like this will most likely be resolved through the service manager. you would have to deal with one of the two there (i think there are only 2).

regardless, i agree...there have been more posts re: dissatisfaction with carlsen's service. perhaps it's worth the drive to santa cruz subaru (unless their service went to hell as well ) if you go to santa cruz subaru, be sure to take it slow on 17 as those cops are cracking down on speeding with a zero tolerance policy.

db
Old 11-12-2003, 10:25 AM
Chewwwwy

Car Info: Random, yet well planed selection of jdm cult cars
that sux. i would really push them on it, they messed it up, they need to fix it. even if it was something closed in the door, they closed it in there. if it was a bmw or audi dealer there would be no questions, and they would fix it right away, and give you a loaner car for the time they had it.
Old 11-12-2003, 10:27 AM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
about 2+ years back I took my rs in for service at Santa Cruz Subaru. I ALWAYS check my car before I even get into the car after the service. I noticed a LONG scrap on the front right bumper. I told Mark at service that the scrap wasn't there before. He looked at it for few seconds and said "We'll take care of it and lets schedule an appointment to get it fix!". No question asked, no wondering how that happened, just fixed it.

Santa Cruz Subaru ROCKS!

Sorry that this have to happen to you. Santa Cruz might a way, but I live in Fremont, and I still go down there for service.
Old 11-12-2003, 12:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
damn dude, I am so sorry to hear that crap happen to you.....weak sauce...I hope everything works out for you. g/l

-Ted

Quick Reply: Ugh, Problems with Carlsen Subaru Service