Old 04-06-2008, 08:11 PM

Car Info: 96 gm(sold), 98 bk, 02 sf
at the hyundai
Old 04-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Originally Posted by Racenut
Yep...

Now I'm just trying to find out if the STi bits will bolt right in and be correct. Not sure if the sedan and wagon are different here.
You know what's surprising. I actually know that answer. I also know someone who may have lateral links.

Sedan and wagon lateral links are different. Just the mounting points for the rear sway bar. I would assume the lateral links for the STi will be similar to the the sedan, but if I remember correctly, I think the STi uses different endlinks. Not sure.

Can you use sedan lateral links? Yes, just got to make the endlinks fit somehow.

What you should do is PM mulcibre. He has lateral links off my L and another set off a wagon. They are actually the same.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:28 PM

Car Info: vtak mota
no love for me and gagan? hahaha wheres our pix... i killed hella cones lol
Old 04-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Well I had a somewhat disappointing day. I was hoping to get some solid seat time in the RS (before last week it had been 5 months since racing it) to evaluate the new sway bars. I just struggled to be patient and gave up tenths everywhere (just like I did at SCCA last week). Overall just didn't drive as well as I would've liked but did get a much better understanding of the car.

54.6 was my best time in the RS in the 4th group. Was fastest time for a Subie until Jutin and Ian ran in 6th group and put down 53.3 and 52.3, respectively. But I told them they better beat me cause I had a not so great drive and they have 2x the power of my car . I'm glad they pulled it out, definitely some great times for the day.

Being my first UFO event, I was just SHOCKED as to how many people were there. We, SCCA, never get this many folks at a marina event. It was just PACKED!

On the other hand, I have to say it was much less organized than what I'm used to, and some of the folks attending (and many no running) where some shady cats. But overall it was a decent event. There was MANY timing issues, which was weird for a group that used cards.

I wasn't fond of the course, but it definitely had it's challenges, which I used to figure a few things out on the car and with my driving.

Overall safety was a concern for me. So many possibly accidents today, and so many idiots with red flags not waving it... just hold it out there. course workers being in the middle of course when cars are coming down the fastest section. I was somewhat in disbelief.

I'll go again. It was worth the seat time for testing and tuning on the RS.

Definitely sorry about what happened to Racenut. Looking at the link I just couldn't think of a way to patch it for a trip home. That link was definitely unrepairable. Glad you got it home safe.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by vietnameeh
no love for me and gagan? hahaha wheres our pix... i killed hella cones lol
You were quick man, it was great to ride with you. Thanks for supplying the water sprayer.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:40 PM

it was a good laugh hahaha, i felt like it my first time using brakes hahhaa
Old 04-06-2008, 08:55 PM

Car Info: Porsche 911 GT3
Originally Posted by y0ungsubi3
at the hyundai
honestly i think this person must have had the most fun than any other on the track. they have the least expensive car. they spent the least amount of money on it, yet they are out there having a blast. i love it.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:24 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX Sportwagon
Hey Kyle - you coming up to Prairie City on 4/20? We missed you at the last one
Old 04-06-2008, 09:50 PM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Well I had a somewhat disappointing day. I was hoping to get some solid seat time in the RS (before last week it had been 5 months since racing it) to evaluate the new sway bars. I just struggled to be patient and gave up tenths everywhere (just like I did at SCCA last week). Overall just didn't drive as well as I would've liked but did get a much better understanding of the car.

54.6 was my best time in the RS in the 4th group. Was fastest time for a Subie until Jutin and Ian ran in 6th group and put down 53.3 and 52.3, respectively. But I told them they better beat me cause I had a not so great drive and they have 2x the power of my car . I'm glad they pulled it out, definitely some great times for the day.

Being my first UFO event, I was just SHOCKED as to how many people were there. We, SCCA, never get this many folks at a marina event. It was just PACKED!

On the other hand, I have to say it was much less organized than what I'm used to, and some of the folks attending (and many no running) where some shady cats. But overall it was a decent event. There was MANY timing issues, which was weird for a group that used cards.

I wasn't fond of the course, but it definitely had it's challenges, which I used to figure a few things out on the car and with my driving.

Overall safety was a concern for me. So many possibly accidents today, and so many idiots with red flags not waving it... just hold it out there. course workers being in the middle of course when cars are coming down the fastest section. I was somewhat in disbelief.

I'll go again. It was worth the seat time for testing and tuning on the RS.

Definitely sorry about what happened to Racenut. Looking at the link I just couldn't think of a way to patch it for a trip home. That link was definitely unrepairable. Glad you got it home safe.

It was packed for sure. SCCA doesn't get that kind of turn out at Marina because the mexicans are too cheap(wait, when did I become mexican?!) to pay the $80 a year for SCCA. you can drive in, put down your cash and drive. That said, there are a LOT of regulars (I used to be one) that were there and always are. what i've noticed in the past and showed again today was the idiocy of newbs when working the course. They seam to trust having there back turned to oncoming cars.

I'm glad you finally came out the Gagan, too bad I had to leave early as I had other obligations to tend to. Next time we should caravan down 101 or something.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:58 PM

Car Info: WR Blue Wagon
Oh yeah... Matt was the uber brave one who let my wife finish her runs in his car. Thanks dude!
Old 04-06-2008, 10:01 PM

ummm id only go to ufo to test and tune my car and of course "seat" time, but its hard to gauge to off people that are slow or who are just way faster than you in a diff. class.

and i believe we get more people if not the same amount at scca events at marina. almost half the cars that were parked today didnt run

anyways good runs guys, i wish i knew how to drive a lil better

but im amazed at what a suby can do

Last edited by vietnameeh; 04-06-2008 at 10:10 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Racenut
Oh yeah... Matt was the uber brave one who let my wife finish her runs in his car. Thanks dude!
any time brotha!
Old 04-06-2008, 11:08 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by vietnameeh
ummm id only go to ufo to test and tune my car and of course "seat" time, but its hard to gauge to off people that are slow or who are just way faster than you in a diff. class.

and i believe we get more people if not the same amount at scca events at marina. almost half the cars that were parked today didnt run

anyways good runs guys, i wish i knew how to drive a lil better

but im amazed at what a suby can do
they sold over 160 cards, we tend to have about 100 at scca marina event.

I was yelling at course workers so much in the afternoon, i was beginning to lose my voice!
Old 04-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by mattsn0w
It was packed for sure. SCCA doesn't get that kind of turn out at Marina because the mexicans are too cheap(wait, when did I become mexican?!) to pay the $80 a year for SCCA. you can drive in, put down your cash and drive. That said, there are a LOT of regulars (I used to be one) that were there and always are. what i've noticed in the past and showed again today was the idiocy of newbs when working the course. They seam to trust having there back turned to oncoming cars.

I'm glad you finally came out the Gagan, too bad I had to leave early as I had other obligations to tend to. Next time we should caravan down 101 or something.
you didn't miss much

was it just me, or was it little slippery today? I know Cliff felt that it was slippery. I think there was a lot sand/tire dust on the course (even where it was "clean")
Old 04-06-2008, 11:36 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
you didn't miss much

was it just me, or was it little slippery today? I know Cliff felt that it was slippery. I think there was a lot sand/tire dust on the course (even where it was "clean")
well that would certainly explain my dorifto action on the course... never mind me not having a clue of how to drive. I did manage a clean 58.67x though for my last run. noice!:RockOn - not mine:

Quick Reply: UFO AutoX in Marina on April 6th