Tune in to Top Gear America tonight!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 04:40 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
PS: The bearded dude is the worst one... The other two seem cool, but the bearded guy is annoying, and very fake sounding... He sucks, they need to cut him.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:43 PM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
^ I agree, the bearded guy is pretty bad.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Yea the bearded guy can go. This episode was better than the first for sure. I lol'd when Tanner came in drifting and the bearded guy said, we call that a power slide in the south and Adam Ferrera said, we call that grand theft auto in New York. That was a funny moment, a bright spot of possible humor to come.

And yes, the dog peeing on stage, FTW!!!!
Old 11-30-2010, 02:36 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Does the bearded guy kind of remind you guys of Christian? You know, Audi and M3 Christian? Only Christian is a lot cooler than that dude... lol
Old 11-30-2010, 04:09 PM
i-Club Sympathizer

Car Info: 1969 BMW R75/5 & Work Whip
The Adam guy is the one I can't stand out of the group. Hell, I'd do a better job. Sign me up.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:20 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
this is a weird idea... but i really think if they get Anthony Bordain (sp?) (the no reservations guy) to replace the bearded guy, the show will have way more personality and an interesting spin. they need people with personality vs people that know cars.

THENNN add a more natural low brow unscripted feel.

THENNNN replace the Adam guy with Corolla or maybe... MAYBE... Leno.

THENNNN get some better music.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:24 PM

Car Info: Type 53
anywhere i can find this online?
Old 11-30-2010, 07:42 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Originally Posted by RU-X
this is a weird idea... but i really think if they get Anthony Bordain (sp?) (the no reservations guy) to replace the bearded guy, the show will have way more personality and an interesting spin. they need people with personality vs people that know cars.
Yea, because vast knowledge of the culinary arts and food translates real well into cars. Besides, he's tied to the Travel Channel as it is. I'm all for witty, but at least have the punchlines be within context. You're pretty much asking if Kevin Garnett could play shortstop for the Boston Red Sox just because he's a pro athlete and baseball is just another sport. Now I kinda wished Jay Leno did retire fron the Tonight Show and co-host Top Gear, but I think he mentioned that he felt he wouldn't do the original BBC version any justice.

Last edited by Hollandaze; 11-30-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:06 PM

Car Info: $2000 hawkeye
[QUOTE=ransack;2980805]TopGear UK does things like "jumping over the cars" thing. QUOTE]
One time they jumped a full size bus over motorcycles
Old 11-30-2010, 08:15 PM

Car Info: 2014 Subaru XV (Crosstrek)
A great lineup of hosts would be:

Jay Leno
Bill Nye
Derek Deangelis

since they'd have some sort of relevance to cars...
Old 11-30-2010, 08:18 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
Originally Posted by Hollandaze
Yea, because vast knowledge of the culinary arts and food translates real well into cars. Besides, he's tied to the Travel Channel as it is. I'm all for witty, but at least have the punchlines be within context. You're pretty much asking if Kevin Garnett could play shortstop for the Boston Red Sox just because he's a pro athlete and baseball is just another sport. Now I kinda wished Jay Leno did retire fron the Tonight Show and co-host Top Gear, but I think he mentioned that he felt he wouldn't do the original BBC version any justice.
don't gotta know cars to be fun to watch. look at james may, he's a music guy. and richard hammond, he's a radio dj. just gotta be witty and be able to talk. thats all. LOL but yeah... you make a point. he's prob owned by the travel channel... BUT! isn't the travel channel owned by discovery? and don't they own the history channel?
Old 11-30-2010, 08:49 PM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
it wouldn't work because Anthony Bourdain would consistently drink and smoke then he'll be drinking and driving. not good.

don't gotta know cars to be fun to watch. look at james may, he's a music guy. and richard hammond, he's a radio dj. just gotta be witty and be able to talk. thats all. LOL but yeah... you make a point. he's prob owned by the travel channel... BUT! isn't the travel channel owned by discovery? and don't they own the history channel?
i believe both Richard and James are petrol heads. look at the cars and bikes they own.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by Unit 91
The Adam guy is the one I can't stand out of the group. Hell, I'd do a better job. Sign me up.
See, he's the only one I like because the other two I don't know/don't care about.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:36 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Nope, Travel Channel is under the same umbrella as Food Network. Tony Bourdain already has his hands full as an author and with No Reservations. Tony's a food guy, not a car guy. He's lived and worked the majority of his career in NYC, he hails cabs to get home. Do you really want to watch someone who doesn't know or care much for cars on a car show? Seriously? Just sayin'.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:47 AM

Car Info: 2009 Subaru WRX Hatchback
Originally Posted by mcast
anywhere i can find this online?
only the most recent episode is available Ep. 2 Blind Drift

Quick Reply: Tune in to Top Gear America tonight!