Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 08:07 AM

Car Info: 07 rs STi swapped Rotated BW S200SX-56
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
last nights episode was pretty funny
Got it DVR'd will watch tonight.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:33 AM

Car Info: 2014 Subaru XV (Crosstrek)
To my surprise, it is getting better. Not at the level I would like, but it is certainly worth watching at this point.

Ford F-150 SVT Raptor, me want too!

And that Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon was pretty interesting... Especially when filled with over 20,000 lbs of water
Old 12-20-2010, 09:10 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I've watched every episode thus far, and the Italian guy (Mole on face) bothers the hell out of me. They really need to get rid of him and find someone who is genuinely funny which I think will help Tanner and Rutlidge (however you spell his name, AKA fat dude with beard) out and tie things together more neatly. There is absolutely NO chemistry between him and the two others... The Italian dude really has to go.

Tanner has really grown on me and he's def my fav of the bunch... The bearded guy needs work and would do a lot better with someone he could share some chemistry with... Tanner is really dry and not really funny whereas the fat dude is the complete opposite... They need someone in the middle who can bring chemistry to the bunch, and the Italian dude is NOT cutting it.

How did he even get casted? He doesn't know how to drive well, he's not funny, he's not a hot girl, and well, I think Dark Onion would do a better job than him.

They def need to tweak some bugs out, def re-cast the Italian guy, and add more supercar to the mix! I don't know about you guys but the one thing I really love about the UK topgear is the epic cars that they drive around... The USA version had a Viper, and that's pretty much it. They need to have some more super/hyper cars that they can play with, more chemistry between the characters (nix the Italian), and the rest is just little things here and there. With those changes I really think the show would do a lot better.

PS: Who liked that concept wagon, AKA the modern Road Master? Minus the wood paneling, I think that wagon looked really great!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by brucelee
PS: Who liked that concept wagon, AKA the modern Road Master? Minus the wood paneling, I think that wagon looked really great!
I liked it too. It's a badass-looking wagon I would love to see go into production. RWD V8, and maybe even a Tremec 6-speed manual!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:28 AM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
The only reason I'm still watching is because they've tried so hard to mimic the original show that some of the entertainment comes through by accident.

All of the antics and banter is rehearsed and awkward. It has potential, but they need to stop trying to be carbon copy of the UK version. The "... and the across the line" and bumping into each other's cars has to go. They need to come up with their own schticks if they want the show to stick around.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:48 PM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
Michelle Rodriguez has a bad laugh lol
Old 12-28-2010, 06:58 PM

Episode 6 [Fast in Florida] of Top Gear USA a bit disappointing... the other two hosts didn't even pilot their vehicles :/

Italian dude was the only one that drove (in the car).

I was expecting Tanner to have a pilot license, but he did not.

Fat dude with a beard didn't drive the boat...
Old 12-28-2010, 07:19 PM

Car Info: 2006 CGM Impreza WRX/ 1998 RBP Impreza 2.5RS
Originally Posted by brucelee
I've watched every episode thus far, and the Italian guy (Mole on face) bothers the hell out of me. They really need to get rid of him and find someone who is genuinely funny which I think will help Tanner and Rutlidge (however you spell his name, AKA fat dude with beard) out and tie things together more neatly. There is absolutely NO chemistry between him and the two others... The Italian dude really has to go.

Tanner has really grown on me and he's def my fav of the bunch... The bearded guy needs work and would do a lot better with someone he could share some chemistry with... Tanner is really dry and not really funny whereas the fat dude is the complete opposite... They need someone in the middle who can bring chemistry to the bunch, and the Italian dude is NOT cutting it.

How did he even get casted? He doesn't know how to drive well, he's not funny, he's not a hot girl, and well, I think Dark Onion would do a better job than him.

They def need to tweak some bugs out, def re-cast the Italian guy, and add more supercar to the mix! I don't know about you guys but the one thing I really love about the UK topgear is the epic cars that they drive around... The USA version had a Viper, and that's pretty much it. They need to have some more super/hyper cars that they can play with, more chemistry between the characters (nix the Italian), and the rest is just little things here and there. With those changes I really think the show would do a lot better.

Lmao, are you calling Kevin a hot girl???
Old 12-28-2010, 08:31 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by bkblitzed
Michelle Rodriguez has a bad laugh lol
She seemed kinda tore up on the show.. wasnt very attractive
Old 01-02-2011, 09:52 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Dude gets a Lexus for a jacket and $1
Old 01-02-2011, 10:06 PM

Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
This past episode was horrible with the used car lot...
Old 01-02-2011, 11:27 PM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
oh yea, this was worse than episode 1.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:42 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
I actully liked this episode but I also don't expect or want it to be the original
Old 01-03-2011, 02:55 AM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

tanner = short guy

bearded guy = capt slow

mole guy = clark????

i think that's the problem with the show. they are trying to capture the trio of the UK show.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:56 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
This episode was really bad. Like really bad. Tim Allen was a great guest but it seemed like the interview was cut short and I really thought he would have gotten #1. I did kinda like the ending where they auctioned off the car that was pretty cool.

Quick Reply: Tune in to Top Gear America tonight!