Tune in to Top Gear America tonight!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 03:48 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by LifePlaza
i'm quite serious, well hiring Olivia Munn is a far crap shoot but hiring a some eye candy will help. She doesn't have to be a huge car nut or have exceptional driving skill either (the two hosts have none). I think it'll be cool to see her be apart of the challenges or skits.

So instead of Oliva Munn, how about Sara Underwood?

I Fully Approve of this idea.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 99 legacy gt
she gets my vote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:52 PM

Car Info: 94 Integra beater: one Slow 3 Series RIP EvoX
Originally Posted by tecnica tech
she gets my vote
+1
Old 12-17-2010, 12:23 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by ryball
I have had a redneck crush on that truck since it came out.
it was pretty bad *** for being basically stock..

+ another $7k and you get the beast they were driving
Old 12-17-2010, 04:15 AM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
i'm quite serious, well hiring Olivia Munn is a far crap shoot but hiring a some eye candy will help. She doesn't have to be a huge car nut or have exceptional driving skill either (the two hosts have none). I think it'll be cool to see her be apart of the challenges or skits.

So instead of Oliva Munn, how about Sara Underwood?

I really like this idea

Originally Posted by ryball
I have had a redneck crush on that truck since it came out.
Same here; it's an awesome truck. Ford has definitely been doing some good things recently.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:07 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
The New York guy (The guy that sounds like he's from Brooklyn with the black mole on his face) really needs to get kicked off.

He doesn't know anything about cars... Did you guys see the episode where they try to do the longest burnout? He couldn't even burn out, all he burned was the clutch, BIG TIME CLUTCH BURN. How was he selected for this show? He's a dumbass, he can't drive, he's not funny... What more do you need before you fire him!?

The fat-beard is still just as annoying as before, they should def get rid of him too... Leave Tanner, he's cool and knows how to drive well... The Brooklyn guy is #1 priority to be fired, he's just awful. The fat guy + beard is lame as hell... He needs to relax majorly... He tries to act all kick back but he's so nervous/tense while trying to be what he's supposed to be. If he can loosen up a bit and actually be funny, he'd be ok... That other guy however, NO WAY. He brings nothing to the table and he's hard to look at. I have no idea how he was selected for this role, NO CLUE.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:46 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by brucelee
The New York guy (The guy that sounds like he's from Brooklyn with the black mole on his face) really needs to get kicked off.

He doesn't know anything about cars... Did you guys see the episode where they try to do the longest burnout? He couldn't even burn out, all he burned was the clutch, BIG TIME CLUTCH BURN. How was he selected for this show? He's a dumbass, he can't drive, he's not funny... What more do you need before you fire him!?

The fat-beard is still just as annoying as before, they should def get rid of him too... Leave Tanner, he's cool and knows how to drive well... The Brooklyn guy is #1 priority to be fired, he's just awful. The fat guy + beard is lame as hell... He needs to relax majorly... He tries to act all kick back but he's so nervous/tense while trying to be what he's supposed to be. If he can loosen up a bit and actually be funny, he'd be ok... That other guy however, NO WAY. He brings nothing to the table and he's hard to look at. I have no idea how he was selected for this role, NO CLUE.
Having been on the set, I can tell you they gel together really well. Remember people it took Top Gear (british) almost 2 full seasons to gel and start to be real good.

As to putting some stupid ****ing slag **** on the show, that would ruin the whole thing and make it "classic american crap" like most the other car shows. The ONLY female who should even be alowed anywhere near a car show is Jessie Combs (the chick from extreme4x4) and only because she knows her car **** inside and out, and can wrench on her own stuff.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:48 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Also, can a moderator edit the pics posted above and change them from images to just links? They are so big that they are screwing up the page frames/lines. Thanks!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:31 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
Originally Posted by brucelee

Lets keep in mind during the drifting competition against the blind guy, he couldn't do a burn out, let alone hold a drift or a slide, yet when he reviews the MBZ SLS in this episode, they try to make it "seem" like he can handle or dance the car around effortlessly.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Lets keep in mind during the drifting competition against the blind guy, he couldn't do a burn out, let alone hold a drift or a slide, yet when he reviews the MBZ SLS in this episode, they try to make it "seem" like he can handle or dance the car around effortlessly.
Yeah, that was totally obvious and lame.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:55 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Originally Posted by Overbear
The ONLY female who should even be alowed anywhere near a car show is Jessie Combs (the chick from extreme4x4) and only because she knows her car **** inside and out, and can wrench on her own stuff.
I'm going to have to disagree. I know that Jesse knows her **** and is very knowledgeable when it
comes to just about anything about cars. But her presentation sucks. She is like a shop teacher telling
you what she is doing exactly and going over everything. Even when she was on Mythbusters it was
the same way. I feel like I'm in class and should be taking notes when she is talking.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:49 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

I think episode 5 was too much like the British Leyland cheap-car challenge except GM is still in business. It was pretty cool seeing Tony Hawk as a guest.

And in case anyone missed them.

Episode 1
http://www.megavideo.com/?d=75SME9QE

Episode 2
http://www.megavideo.com/?d=9M7Z3YXY

Episode 3
http://www.megavideo.com/?d=ZT5GOWTD

Episode 4
http://www.megavideo.com/?d=LR0ADFMF

Episode 5
http://www.megavideo.com/?d=6PJ0UVOE
Old 12-20-2010, 01:55 AM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
^ Jourdan, how long will the links be up before you delete them?
Old 12-20-2010, 01:58 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Considering that the video for the first episode is still up after 5 weeks, I am thinking that the History channel hasn't hired anyone to remove them.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:36 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
last nights episode was pretty funny

Quick Reply: Tune in to Top Gear America tonight!