Trying to grasp.. salvage title..

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 12:03 AM

Trying to grasp.. salvage title..

So long story i am a incredibly picky bastard. My car was wrecked (rear ended) and has had issues to today (just over a year from the accident) so State Farm decides to buy me out/salvage the car. As it has cost them a lot to paint it 3 times and they still can't get it right along with many other issues.

I am sitting here wondering what the buyback of a perfect looking subaru is? The only major issue at this point is just over -2 degrees camber in the rear and steering issue. Anyone have an idea or know of anything about this?(how they find the value? or a subaru wreckin yard in the bay?)

(edit)
they said i can buy it for what a yard would buy it for.
Also i see subaru's 'salvaged' but fixed going for 12k on craigslist is this realistic?
All the bodywork and 'fixes' were done at mikes autobody of pleasanton i would never go there agian with any car.
(/edit)

Also, they say they will give me 'market value' of the car. I have full 3" catless exhaust, rotas, brakes, filter, TMIC piping, short thro, tint, viper 2 way paging alarm, eclipse dvd/navi, jl audio speakers, alpine amp and sub.

Should i pull everything b4 they see the car or leave it in.. ( i don't know if i am getting another subbie or not so i would be selling the parts)(another note i have all the stock parts)

Just trying to get a handle on the situation any advice/ideas are helpful.

-Jon

Last edited by scustoms; 02-19-2006 at 12:06 AM.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:16 AM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
You will always get more out of a car if you part it out. Since you kept the stock parts, which is a great idea, I'd say take the time to put the easy stuff that doesn't take a whole lot of time, like the exhaust, wheels, filter, and audio atleast. I'm sure you'll get more from the market than insurance will give you.
Old 02-19-2006, 01:22 AM
Straight as an arrow

Car Info: The Fit is gone!
Sell me the center caps from the stock rims!
Old 02-19-2006, 01:34 AM

Car Info: WRB STi Hatch, JSW Diesel
Originally Posted by scustoms
So long story i am a incredibly picky bastard. My car was wrecked (rear ended) and has had issues to today (just over a year from the accident) so State Farm decides to buy me out/salvage the car. As it has cost them a lot to paint it 3 times and they still can't get it right along with many other issues.

I am sitting here wondering what the buyback of a perfect looking subaru is? The only major issue at this point is just over -2 degrees camber in the rear and steering issue. Anyone have an idea or know of anything about this?(how they find the value? or a subaru wreckin yard in the bay?)

(edit)
they said i can buy it for what a yard would buy it for.
Also i see subaru's 'salvaged' but fixed going for 12k on craigslist is this realistic?
All the bodywork and 'fixes' were done at mikes autobody of pleasanton i would never go there agian with any car.
(/edit)

Also, they say they will give me 'market value' of the car. I have full 3" catless exhaust, rotas, brakes, filter, TMIC piping, short thro, tint, viper 2 way paging alarm, eclipse dvd/navi, jl audio speakers, alpine amp and sub.

Should i pull everything b4 they see the car or leave it in.. ( i don't know if i am getting another subbie or not so i would be selling the parts)(another note i have all the stock parts)

Just trying to get a handle on the situation any advice/ideas are helpful.

-Jon
Mikes auto body is a ****ing joke!! dont ever take your car there!!! my dad took our audi there when it got rear ended, they ended up melting some wires while welding on a new rear end, broke our key fob, and were complete dicks about everything when we confronted them about it. we ended up taking the car to an audi dealership to get everything redone.

Last edited by dynamicprojeKtz; 02-19-2006 at 01:36 AM.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:25 AM

Car Info: SGM 135i
damn! i'm definitely staying away from that place.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:06 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
Deinately put it back to stock. Incase you get another Subaru you'll be good to go.

If you decide to sell the parts, you'll be able to make a bit of money back of the car. The audio and Navi stuff you'll be able to reuse in whatever you get later.

:et us know how much the buy back goes for.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:04 PM

Yeah ill let ya know.. i am tryin to see if anyone has any connections to find out the buy back 'approx' before insurance tells me so i can be prepared.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:12 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
Yeah, buying it back and selling the parts is a good idea. I'd take out all aftermarket parts first because they might not consider that when adjusting the prices. By the way, what color and year and model is your car?
Old 02-19-2006, 03:09 PM

2002 with just a hair over 49k WRB with Gold rotas (don't have stock wheels)

all above listed mods and in good but not great shape (gets parked on college campus (DVC) so has a few dings)

anyone interested in a salvaged WRX for the cost? just throwin this out there.

oh yeah and anyone want a perrin filter for half price (i don't have a stock one) youd have to be local
Old 02-19-2006, 06:42 PM

Car Info: 03 Legacy GT Wagon
What price is the insurance co. giving you, what price do you want....I might have a buyer for you. If the price is good.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:09 PM

Car Info: 2000 Tacoma Pre-Runner 4 Cyl.
Put it back to stock as much as you can, and have the insurance buy it back from you, salvage it. Stereo and Security can be used on your next car if you want to use it, I have a good friend that can uninstall everything for a reasonable price if you'd like. I am sure that most people will not have a problem trading you + cash on their end for the aftermarket parts you have right now. Good luck dealing with your insurance, and keep us posted. Also if you do not have your stock cat-back, I am interested in trading out my 5Zigen CBE for your TBE if it is in good shape, and the right one I have been looking for.

-Gio
Old 02-19-2006, 07:14 PM

Well i am pulling all my parts.. i think.. as far as insurance and buy back value i find out next week what they will give me and what i can buy it for..

When u say you may have a buyer..? a buyer for the car with salvage title?
Old 02-19-2006, 07:20 PM

i think i am going to 'try' to tell them to tell me the value without all the parts but never take them off then 'hopefully' the buy back will be low and ill keep/sell it as is as the body is fixed but has a few 'drips' and other issues.

as far as if your interested for salvage title problems and why they are salvaging it they are minor and fixable, like stated above i am a picky arsehole.

-Jon
Old 02-21-2006, 12:56 PM
Rat

Car Info: always changing...
I'd be interested as well... depending on what they would plan on paying you for it and all that...
Old 02-23-2006, 11:36 AM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Its salvaged and i will be buying it back and selling it. If you interested in a WRX for a decent price with salvage title check the forsale section.