The truth about i-speed..."back to the bay..."

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 06:10 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by 1WRX2NV
Man, I have a feeling that if this was a 3page thread about Shiv...it would have been LOCKED and BURNED by now!!! lol

I was a customer of I-speed, they always seemed to treat me good and I got to know them better. If there was ever an issue...they took care of it. I was pretty happy with thier work. They did fix my car after Shiv tuned it!! Just like people are saying Shiv fixed thier car after I-speed tuned it.

All in all, I am sure they will learn from the past, just like Vishnu has learned from when I was a customer of his. I think that looking at thier work now, They both do a great job for us who want to modd our cars...it's now more of a personal preference now.

-freddie
What kind of power were you putting down with your PE1820?
Old 03-10-2005, 06:15 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
Freddie, there was a thread about VISHNU like this before and it was not locked. I don't let my personal opinions influence how I run this site. You can even start a thread how much you don't like me for example, and I won't lock it. That's the whole point.

i-Speed might be awesome. i-Speed might suck ***. That is for people to decide by themselves after doing their homework. I think everyone here has the right to voice their opinion.

Personally, what bother me the most about them is the "Big Head Syndrome". That is one thing I cannot stand when it comes to other people and companies. That is my 2 words on that.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:16 PM
I <3 White Girls

Alex is hiding his true feelings for Chris inside.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:31 PM

Car Info: 02 STi
Originally Posted by Imprezer
Freddie, there was a thread about VISHNU like this before and it was not locked. I don't let my personal opinions influence how I run this site. You can even start a thread how much you don't like me for example, and I won't lock it. That's the whole point.

i-Speed might be awesome. i-Speed might suck ***. That is for people to decide by themselves after doing their homework. I think everyone here has the right to voice their opinion.

Personally, what bother me the most about them is the "Big Head Syndrome". That is one thing I cannot stand when it comes to other people and companies. That is my 2 words on that.

sorry I wasnt referring to you Alex, I thought other mods could lock and burn too. Oh well...just an "in general" statement.

But remember, Whatever can be said about I-speed, can be said about Vishnu as well....WHY??

Because we all have opinions!!! We have all experienced something good/bad with one of these tuners. Bottome line is..if we dont like them...dont do business with them. Too me this thread just came up out of the blue...maybe because I havent being on here for a while..I dont know...just seemed kinda odd at first.

Honestly, I didnt really care for Chris either at first, we used to bicker at eachother a bit when I would go see Bill. But after a while we got used to each other and that was that...So, yes, I can see why alot of people dont like him..or whatever. Maybe he's changed a bit now...I dont know, since they arent even around here anymore. All I know, is they treated me fair and I have no Major complaints.

just my 2 words

-freddie
Old 03-10-2005, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by 02BlackWRX
What kind of power were you putting down with your PE1820?

Unfinished dyno tune was at 280whp, it was street tuned again after I added somemore stuff...felt better too. Remember I was always adding crap. So, I would say somewhere between 280-300whp. 91 oct. And I was very happy with it. Never lost with it..and I would have done better than you in your freeway vid with Davon. lol heheheh...Too bad I put it back to stock before I got to finish it up.

Oh well back to the drawing boards!!!

-freddie
Old 03-10-2005, 06:48 PM
I <3 White Girls

Unfinished dyno tune was at 280whp, it was street tuned again after I added somemore stuff...felt better too. Remember I was always adding crap. So, I would say somewhere between 280-300whp. 91 oct. And I was very happy with it. Never lost with it..and I would have done better than you in your freeway vid with Davon. lol heheheh...Too bad I put it back to stock before I got to finish it up.

Oh well back to the drawing boards!!!

-freddie
u may not have....

That was an I-speed tune btw....
Old 03-10-2005, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by 02BlackWRX
u may not have....

That was an I-speed tune btw....

It's funny how when they were in town...you said nothing about them...but now...that they are gone...you seem to be voicing you opinion about them in a negative way. oh well....I dint know whey did you wrong!!

Maybe I am reading it wrong...but thats how it seems.

-freddie

ps. I think I would have...Infact...I know I would have. But, if not, you would have recieved the same result for sure!!! lol
Old 03-10-2005, 07:00 PM
I <3 White Girls

It's funny how when they were in town...you said nothing about them...but now...that they are gone...you seem to be voicing you opinion about them in a negative way. oh well....I dint know whey did you wrong!!

Maybe I am reading it wrong...but thats how it seems.

-freddie

ps. I think I would have...Infact...I know I would have. But, if not, you would have recieved the same result for sure!!! lol
I wasn't saying anything about them when they were in town b/c I didnt experience a good tuner at that point and I didn't know how bad my car was actually running at that point.....I ALWAYS mentioned to Bill that my car doesn't seem quick, but it was always the same story "We dont like tuning cars to their max b/c that may make em unsafe...you will see how long your car will last and you will see how long davons car will last, we have a higher margin of safety"....That is totally wrong...they have a higher margin of error and their cars make less power.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:06 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
I think we have to distinguish what makes a 'bad' tune. If you're down on power compared with other cars with the same mods, it's not necessarily a bad tune if it doesn't ever run lean enough to put holes in the pistons or otherwise ruin an engine. It may be down on power, but each tuner has their own methodology. You don't have to be happy with less power but with any tuner I'd rather be safe than sorry. But, if it can be shown that a tune caused an engine failure or drastically reduced the life of the engine that should be a serious concern to anyone.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 03-10-2005, 07:55 PM

I didnt know chris very well, but i did get to do business with Bill a little with him tuning my car. I have nothing against Bill personally and he seemed very good with customer service and a nice guy, but after finding out what kind of tune my car was in and what the power level was, I was shocked. I will never let Bill tune my car again, I dont trust him. On top of the bad tune and poor numbers he just offered excuses of why his tune wasnt that good. I dont think there are enough excuses to make up for 45whp (206 vs 250whp) and a high air fuel ratio. As for the comment about Shiv, I have never had a problem with him and the only problems i did here were about his customer service, not his poor tunes and high air fuel ratios. I think that is more damaging than bad customer service. Just my $.02
Old 03-10-2005, 07:55 PM
Underpants Gnome

Car Info: 1.4 Ford Fiesta
First off I am not tuning expert, but I would imagine that there are more factors than the AFR to consider in the "safety" of a tune. I really don't know though, so I'm not going to talk about it too much.

For what it's worth my expiriences with I-Speed/Chris have all been good. In case you don't know I bought Chris' old outback, and Chris bought my old car. He did me many favors after the purchase, including letting me borrow my old car for a full weekend 4 months after we switched. I don't know many other people that would do that. When my car broke down(NOT tuning/I-speed related) in Jackson at night, I was on the phone with chris for around 3 hours (on and off) trying to fix it. Lol, and I could tell that he was in a nighclub/bar cause I could here music and people in the background. THey lent me a set of brake pads for a weekend, while mine were getting shipped in, and gave me a set of rear brake pads for free. All of those times I needed work done on my car I only gave them a few days notice, and they always managed to fit me in. Not only that but I have given chris and bill numerous phone calls with all of the questions I could possibly think of regarding subaru's. I know there are some other favors they did for me that I can't recall right now.

Chris has a strong personality, I'm sure that's why some don't get along with him. Get two people together, both with strong personalities and it can be pretty hard for them to get along. When I first met Chris, I would just listen to what he had to say, which made me realize that he is a knowledgable person. Bill has always been cool, and also answers all of the questions I have had for him, on top of being very reliable. Bill showed me how to change my own brake pads knowing full well that I wouldn't be coming back again to have them change em. I have not witnessed anything that would make me question his tuning ability either, but like I said before I am not even going there because tuning is an artform that I haven't the slightest clue about. Chris and Bill are cool with me, even if Bill never gave me a ride in his car!!

Well that's all I have to say for now, this thread needed a bit of balance
James
Old 03-10-2005, 08:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
i have nothing bad to say about i-speed bill chris andy anyone...

i got along with them all fine
edgar,
for the record i have a stock tune tia
Old 03-10-2005, 08:09 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by British Banger
First off I am not tuning expert, but I would imagine that there are more factors than the AFR to consider in the "safety" of a tune. I really don't know though, so I'm not going to talk about it too much.

For what it's worth my expiriences with I-Speed/Chris have all been good. In case you don't know I bought Chris' old outback, and Chris bought my old car. He did me many favors after the purchase, including letting me borrow my old car for a full weekend 4 months after we switched. I don't know many other people that would do that. When my car broke down(NOT tuning/I-speed related) in Jackson at night, I was on the phone with chris for around 3 hours (on and off) trying to fix it. Lol, and I could tell that he was in a nighclub/bar cause I could here music and people in the background. THey lent me a set of brake pads for a weekend, while mine were getting shipped in, and gave me a set of rear brake pads for free. All of those times I needed work done on my car I only gave them a few days notice, and they always managed to fit me in. Not only that but I have given chris and bill numerous phone calls with all of the questions I could possibly think of regarding subaru's. I know there are some other favors they did for me that I can't recall right now.

Chris has a strong personality, I'm sure that's why some don't get along with him. Get two people together, both with strong personalities and it can be pretty hard for them to get along. When I first met Chris, I would just listen to what he had to say, which made me realize that he is a knowledgable person. Bill has always been cool, and also answers all of the questions I have had for him, on top of being very reliable. Bill showed me how to change my own brake pads knowing full well that I wouldn't be coming back again to have them change em. I have not witnessed anything that would make me question his tuning ability either, but like I said before I am not even going there because tuning is an artform that I haven't the slightest clue about. Chris and Bill are cool with me, even if Bill never gave me a ride in his car!!

Well that's all I have to say for now, this thread needed a bit of balance
James

Well, it's good to know that they didn't **** in everyone's cerial.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:10 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by zumnwrx
i have nothing bad to say about i-speed bill chris andy anyone...

i got along with them all fine
edgar,
for the record i have a stock tune tia

Stock tune!? OMG! How much was it? SOA?

jk, if you couldn't tell.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
i love you brucy!

edgar,

Quick Reply: The truth about i-speed..."back to the bay..."