Old 03-10-2005, 12:15 AM

Car Info: Suby/EVO
Originally Posted by suby_dude
hhmmm

let me see...

motor #1 dies @ button willow.

#2 dies right before vegas

#3 dies 30 minutes after they installed it

you know what... there a damn motor somewhere in the middle... #2 and #3... we'll call and to be honest w/ u i don't even know how that happened.. nor do i remember.

so now i'm on #5.... it has been w/ mike getting "un-hacked"

sd

Would you mind sharing about your injectors harness ?????
What did you see today from your own eyes ??????
Old 03-10-2005, 12:18 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Please do not chime in if you have had no personal dealings with I-Speed or its personnel.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 03-10-2005, 01:39 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: stock 04 wrx sedan
we all have dyno sheets to prove the crappy afr chris, my numbers were decent 260ish whp on the mustang i was holding steady 12.1+ not a spike but would hold to redline so theres a few of us that know wtf were talking about cmon now, i just think alot could have been spared on the tunning issues like using a wideband when road tuning, and if you think ATP's afr is always safe you been on the pipe ive ran my car on every dyno in northern ca and usally very consitant compared to ATP, but i do love the numbers that dyno shoots out lol, but if you think were bit-chin for no reason your WRONG
Old 03-10-2005, 01:58 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Evolution VIII
Originally Posted by White4drWRX
Would you mind sharing about your injectors harness ?????
What did you see today from your own eyes ??????
white stain from doh-mai?
Old 03-10-2005, 05:00 AM

Car Info: baby blue TRICK STAR on pink TUFF II's (MIA) =(
Originally Posted by suby_dude
onward... upward...

ultimately it is my fault... because i took the car to them... motor... after motor... after motor...

unhappy customer.

they know this.

and could care less.

that should say plenty.

sd
Sorry to hear about your woes, Joe. It sounds like you and your ride have been through a lot, but at least you seem to be have a healthy perspective about your experiences and are moving on"(ward)... upward..."

Anyways, I'm reluctant to add my $.02 because this thread seems like it's walking a fine line between being constructive criticism and a "bash-fest." However, I passed on posting about my own personal experience w/I-Speed back when it occurred because I just wanted to move "onward... upward..." in a fashion similar to that of SD. It never really sat well with me to just go hush-hush on my experience, and now that I'm hearing about Joe's and a couple other members' unfortunate experiences, I'm even more disconcerted because perhaps their troubles could have been avoided or at least minimized if I had said something.

In any case, I won't go into particulars because what happened is pretty old news (to me), and, I don't want to just add more fuel to fire or stir up trouble. But I did have a little bit of an ordeal with I-Speed about two years ago. Fortunately, my experience was far less disastrous than SD's and didn't cost me blown motors or any other significant damage that couldn't be rectified on my own, but it was A LOT of trouble and will probably forever be stuck in my mind, especially since my WRX was still fairly new/cherry before I went into I-Speed (and still is since I rarely drive it).

To avoid making this any more long-winded than it'll probably be, I'll just sum up my personal feelings and what I gather about I-Speed from my experience with them.

--From what I can tell, Chris, Bill, Andy, & Adam individually and collectively are generally, pretty good guys. I don't know them well, but I'm usually a pretty good judge of character. To their credit, they did eventually contribute A LOT of time and effort into trying to make things right with me and my ride. BUT, it did take a significant amount of lobbying on my part before they agreed to do so, which I didn't really appreciate, especially since my car, for the most part, was in excellent mechanical and cosmetic condition before going in, and all the subsequent time & effort expended by the I-Speed gang AND moi' to fix my ride were only made necessary because of troubles created by their installation job/attempts. I recognize that complications can arise when dealing with ANY person(s) &/or shop, so after all was finally said and done, I gave I-Speed and their crew the benefit of the doubt, chalked the whole ordeal up as learning experience for all, and we amicably parted ways. Out of respect for I-Speed, and in hopes of putting the whole thing behind me, I didn't post about it back then, but I am touching on it now because I feel doing so would bode well for not only people unfamilar with I-Speed, but I-Speed as well (might not make sense now, but please read on)

--Having said ^^^^^, the I-Speed crew are overall bright and talented guys, but IMO, they lack the proper business & technical training necessary to provide high quality service on a consistent/ongoing basis. I can't touch on each I-Speed member's background & qualifications with certainty because I'm not 100% sure, but to the best of my knowledge, they collectively don't have a whole lot of formal automotive training. I understand Adam does, but as far as the others go, I think the extent of their automotive skills were/are acquired through "on the job" training. Additionally, as far as I know, Bill & Chris do have technical backgrounds, but again, I don't believe their skills and knowledge are specifically from the automotive field. IMO, it's imperative for a company, especially an automotive service-related one, to have a modicum of formal business & technical training that is dedicated to their specific field of expertise It's one thing to do small side-job installations for friends or even "friends of friends" in your home garages and charge a little bit for your crew's time & effort, but when you make the leap into becoming a business/shop and do extensive & expensive work, like engine swaps, engine management installs/tuning, etc, then I think it's only right that you carry a staff that has the background knowledge & skills necessary to provide such labor and also have an individual or two with the business acumen to handle other important aspects of the business--i.e. book keeping, customer service, etc. No one expects small businesses to have the resources to pay an army of employees with specific job duties (accountant, CSR, etc), but again, if you're going to undertake the endeavor of running a "business/shop," you owe your paying customers at least a moderate level of professionalism and expertise.

Originally Posted by I-Speed USA
Don't worry, seeing and hearing the continual BAIC I-Speed bashing only helps us see the mistakes we made in the past. This in turn makes our future better.

See you guys around

Chris
Not to be condescending, but good answer, Chris! Although I don't know you all that well, you strike me as a very astute and ambitious individual. I hope you and I-Speed can take what's being said to heart (and some of it w/a grain of salt). I realize I rambled on a bit, but hopefully at least some of what I offered is constructive and will benefit not only individuals considering enlisting I-Speed's work but also will help I-Speed grow and mature (as a company). I wish you and I-Speed the best in SoCal. It's a great place, and there are a lot of great opportunities to be had down there (NOT just bu$ine$$)!!

In closing, I'll just offer up this reminder....Consumers always have the privilege to shop and give their business to whomever they choose. As a VERY experienced shopper aka "$hopaholic, " personal testimonies/reviews from previous customers and references can be helpful and informative, but the best way of ensuring that you receive quality products, service, and an overall, pleasurable shopping experience is to be an informed shopper and do your own research. If you're going to make an important purchase for something as cherished as your ride, don't rely on hearsay or second-hand knowledge. Learn whom and what you're dealing with beforehand. If you don't and something goes wrong, ultimately, you have no one to blame but yourself!
Old 03-10-2005, 09:04 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
I've never been to I-Speed and my car runs GREAT! You guys are soooo right!

jason
Old 03-10-2005, 10:39 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
This truth is quite amusing.
- Most of you only know what people tell you. Did you ever realize that what people tell you is only half the story? Do you ever verify both sides? Nah, that would require real work, actual listening, and some integrity.
Cool! WE don't know how to listen... great!

- Alex didn't ban me. We had a falling out over a disagreement. Because of that disagreement Alex removed our vendor status on i-club.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure thats what banning is... Removing your business from the board... Um... ??

- Tuning...
We have noticed that several Bay area customers had needing tuning. Of course, being in the LA area, we cannot fill that need anymore. Because of this, the customers seek tuning elsewhere. Is it really any surprise that the next tuner they meet says how bad their previous tune was? I can just imagine any tuner getting a car and saying, "gee that tune you had before was just soo great that I can't do any better". It's no secret that each tuner has their own way of doing things and oddly enough, they always think that their tuning is the best. But you all already new that from all those cars you have tuned, right?
- I am money hungry and I know nothing huh. Gee, that really makes a whole lot of sense. Let's see I left my nice high-paying , secure, corporate job in the Bay Area , moved to SoCal with nothing, and basically busted my butt to get the little I have now.
On top of that, if we were so money hungry I would not have volenteered to pay of pocket for the mistakes that we made on SDs car. To say that we didn't care about that whole project is nothing short of insane. I can actually remember making the 15 hour drive in the middle of the night, to replace parts, that we screwd up on, for the project. Obviously the whole project didn't turn out the way everyone wanted. I would like to think that in over one year and half since then, that we have learned a few new things.
But, we all know that the BAIC , in all its perfection, doesn't let people make mistakes or, heaven forbid, actually learn from their mistakes and , dare I say....get better.

Give me a BREAK! You were a park ranger before you left for i-speed, not exactly the best paying or lucrative career!
Old 03-10-2005, 11:04 AM

Okay Chris, since we're so one-sided, lets hear your side.

Why did Subydude go through 5 engines? Did he have to pay for them all/some?

Why are so many cars being dyno'd on different dyno's with i-speed tunes running so crappy/lean? Is it because Bill has no idea how to tune?

You can reply to any of the stuff that's been said in this thread... anything you don't reply to, we assume its the absolute truth.

TIA.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:59 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
This is not a flame thread, it's a thread to post the facts, and I think it's a smart idea.

When I was an Imprezza newb I thought I-Speed had a good reputation and was considering taking my car to them to be tuned (look at the pretty website). Over the last year I have heard 5 first hand accounts of i-speed tune horror stories. No personal vendettas, just facts.

Not sure this deserves a sticky but now if someone asks about i-speed this thread will turn up in their search. Consider this thread a service for I-Club newbs. The truth is out there!
Old 03-10-2005, 04:08 PM

I dynoed 206whp on vishnu's dyno with an I-speed ecutek tune. My mods were exhaust, vf22, inj. fuel pump. Shiv tuned and then dynoed it and it put down 250whp and at a lower air to fuel ratio. But i guess it was a good learning experience for I-speed (as Chris stated) at my expence of 2 tuning sessions totaling $300.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by wssboard18
I dynoed 206whp on vishnu's dyno with an I-speed ecutek tune. My mods were exhaust, vf22, inj. fuel pump. Shiv tuned and then dynoed it and it put down 250whp and at a lower air to fuel ratio. But i guess it was a good learning experience for I-speed (as Chris stated) at my expence of 2 tuning sessions totaling $300.

Ouch. What better way to teach a tuner than to pay for it, right?
Old 03-10-2005, 04:44 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
I did not ban Chris or an of the other i-Speeders. I did not want anything to do with them. Business or personal.

Dejavu maybe? JC Sports? Anyone? Need I say more...
Old 03-10-2005, 06:03 PM

Car Info: 02 STi
Man, I have a feeling that if this was a 3page thread about Shiv...it would have been LOCKED and BURNED by now!!! lol

I was a customer of I-speed, they always seemed to treat me good and I got to know them better. If there was ever an issue...they took care of it. I was pretty happy with thier work. They did fix my car after Shiv tuned it!! Just like people are saying Shiv fixed thier car after I-speed tuned it.

All in all, I am sure they will learn from the past, just like Vishnu has learned from when I was a customer of his. I think that looking at thier work now, They both do a great job for us who want to modd our cars...it's now more of a personal preference now.

-freddie

Quick Reply: The truth about i-speed..."back to the bay..."