The truth about i-speed..."back to the bay..."

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 09:04 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
Originally Posted by tyrannosaursrex
Just so you Stroker who is probably also Chris, or a former employee of I-speed want to know my experience with I-speed so you could comment about it, well I rather not bring my experience to the forums. I will tell you one thing though my first time dealing with I-speed was also my last time( I learned my lesson).

Andre

Oh wait dont want to pull a quirt here...

damn to late..
Old 03-19-2005, 09:08 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Craig W
Wow! This is nuts.

I know, I never really visit I-Club. Just never moved over from the original one. The split sounded like some soap opera and that stuff always makes me lose interest. And I'm lazy, and I think I like the other color scheme better.

Anyway... I was feeling nostalgic for the old pre-WRX Subaru get-togethers/ install-fests etc. and since no one posts on the other site's Bay Area forum, I took a look here. And WTF?

I've known Bill, Chris, and Adam for over five years now, and they've been great help w/ my car since the first day I met them out at Thunderhill for one of the first Subaru track days. And I consider them all friends. They are knowledgable, helpful and friendly. Ok, Chris can be very direct and doesn't sugar coat things and that can be intimidating. But he's always been respectable, helpful and I knew where he stood.

I've had them help w/ everything from wiring gauges, to installing springs, to a WRX engine swap and ECU tuning. They have always been top-notch.

My car runs like a top at 105k w/ over 40k since the swap and 25k since the tuning. No problems. There was some additional fine-tuning, but no problems. Even if problems did occur, I know they weren't intentional. And I know the guys at I-Speed would find a way to make things right. They're striving to be the best and make it in this business. And they'll do what they have to, to do it. And I'd continue to go to them for future mods and service, if they were still in the Bay Area.

From all of my experience w/ them, they've always been great and this thread just boggles my mind and saddens me.

Craig

What are your afr's?

Just curious...
Old 03-19-2005, 09:09 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by blk04
I got my car tuned at I-speed almost half a year now and its running very strong with no issues. I have nothing bad to say about them. Bill always goes out of his way to answer any questions I have whenever I call him. He's a great guy. I was just there last week or two after Chris offered to dyno my car for FREE They spend half the day on my car and at the end, they charged me nothing. So, from personal experience I can't say Chris is money hungry. They treated me with respect and were very cool to talk too. Just my 2 cents....

What do your afrs look like?
Old 03-19-2005, 09:44 AM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
As far as I know, i-Speed customers were prohibitted from datalogging their AFR on other dyno's. They were told that Bill did not want other tuners to "copy" his maps. I heard it with my own ears when RS Turbo was going to take his car to do a power pull at VISHNU.

Yeah, Craig W, take your car to Guppe-S and check your AFR. i-Club will cover your expenses for that. I will pay for you gas to drive there, to Mike for a dyno pull, and I will even buy you a BigMac.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:47 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Imprezer
As far as I know, i-Speed customers were prohibitted from datalogging their AFR on other dyno's. They were told that Bill did not want other tuners to "copy" his maps. I heard it with my own ears when RS Turbo was going to take his car to do a power pull at VISHNU.

Yeah, Craig W, take your car to Guppe-S and check your AFR. i-Club will cover your expenses for that. I will pay for you gas to drive there, to Mike for a dyno pull, and I will even buy you a BigMac.

And with the the gauntlet was thrown down..

hell i will chip in 10 bucks to put my money where my mouth is
Old 03-19-2005, 11:43 AM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21

LOL, wow, there is no way you can say no to that, Craig....he even said he will throw down for a big mac....so u got your gas and lunch covered

btw when I was an i-speed customer I wasn't allowed a copy of my AFR either.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:24 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by Stroker
Don't forget to bring your car,, Mabe you can win some money in the Dyno contest

And for coming from so far, I will pick up the cost of the Dyno run for you.

Quirt

He said he's flying. You gonna dyno the airplane?
Old 03-19-2005, 01:13 PM
Admin v2.0

Oh yeah, now that Quirt mentioned that finally Bill has wideband and dyno, are they going to pay for all of their "100" customers to drive to LA to get properly tuned with wideband? I doubt it... If not, they have been screwed...

To i-Speed customers, I understand you don't think there is anything wrong with the cars. But, take my advice and just dyno it and datalog the AFR... It will not hurt anything. If all of anti-i-Speeders are wrong, oh well, you proved them all wrong. If your AFR is all screwed up, you will see what this is all about.

A simple dyno pull is easy and fast to do... Unless, you too were prohibited from doing it...
Old 03-19-2005, 01:15 PM

Car Info: N/A
What they don't dyno jet liners at Gruppe-S??
Old 03-19-2005, 01:25 PM
Admin v2.0

Oh yeah, just thought of something. I will host a dyno day at BOZZ in mid-april. We can do it there.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:28 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Oh yeah, just thought of something. I will host a dyno day at BOZZ in mid-april. We can do it there.
make it on a sunday

also can I have a free baseline on my bimmer? =P
Old 03-19-2005, 02:33 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Sweet, I'll be there... Since I dont have a job anymore.
Old 03-19-2005, 02:34 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Stroker
Don't forget to bring your car,, Mabe you can win some money in the Dyno contest

And for coming from so far, I will pick up the cost of the Dyno run for you.

Quirt

What part of "flying out from the east coast" did you not understand?
Just curious.. this may be yet another symptom of the problem you have...

Old 03-19-2005, 02:53 PM
Admin v2.0

From i-Speed website...

I-Speed USA - January 25, 2005

Here is the latest news on I-Speed USA, we have been and are currently working very closely with Crawford Performance, why you might ask, because Crawford Performance is the leader in engine design/building. In return we have access to a new Dynapack Dyno which is owned by Crawford Performance. Now that we are only using a dyno we will not be offering road programming services due to increased liability and too many tickets.

We would like to let everyone know we have a new 5000 square foot facility and along comes the rules our customers and staff will follow. The facility operates from 9am to 6pm Monday through Friday and 10am to 5pm on Saturdays. Though we are operating between these times we are open by appointment only. We have many projects going on and although we enjoy customers coming by we like to keep a tight schedule, in order to keep projects on schedule. If you would like to schedule time for a consultation, dyno/programming or anything else, please contact us via e-mail or phone.

As for the more specific rules in the facility, customers are allowed to relax in the lobby or cruise around to the back of the building to watch the dyno. At anytime no one is allowed to be inside the facility. The main reason behind the strict rule is liability, there are employees working in many areas on many different projects, therefore the risk is to high for people to be wondering around. We hope you understand that it is for your safety and ours.

We take this new business venture between I-Speed USA and Crawford Performance very seriously while keeping our customers informed of the awesome company that is forming. If you have any questions please contact us via e-mail or phone, which can be found on our contact page.

Cheers,
William T. Knose Jr.
Lead Programmer
I-Speed USA
Quirt, can you show us some pics of the new facility, please...

Quick Reply: The truth about i-speed..."back to the bay..."