The truth about i-speed..."back to the bay..."

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 09:38 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Right, and your motors must be the ****ing bomb right?

oh, sorry, didn't see the pun
Old 03-17-2005, 10:02 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: the blue bucket
Originally Posted by Stroker
No "honest" tuner will tell you that a coil pack was blown from a lean fuel condition ! What you are explaining is the typical fear tactics.

Quirt Crawford
I feel I should chime in here.

At no time did I tell Javier that the cars coilpack failure was caused due to the AFR the car was running at under boost, We did 2 baseline pulls on the car during the second pull the car missfired and when idled was running on 3. After spending 30 minutes trouble shooting the problem the cause of this was found to be a bad coilpack at no time was that coilpack failure suggested as being caused by AFR/Tuning or anything. How 2 and 2 is put together I would assume is how the post came about.

For the record for everyone in this thread I have only good things to say about Bill and have worked with him on numerous occasions.

Back you your normal BAIC drama now folks...

Mike
Old 03-17-2005, 12:33 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
So is Quirt the official spokesperson for ispeed? I know Chris runs your comapny now, so Im sure he infected your brain as well.
Old 03-17-2005, 04:54 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by Stroker
Thanks for your reply

I am no more the offical spokesperson for I Speed than you are "trying" to be.

As for my brain being infected,,, that happened long before you took your first breath of air.

I hope all of you show up at Rim this year to get a first hand look at what Bill can do with a stock ECU.

Thanks again,

Quirt Crawford

Sweet! He's planning to blow it up!? If there are explosions, I'm there!
Old 03-18-2005, 01:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
Ok guys,

I haven't really been following this thread much, last I saw it was at 2 pages last week, then I went away and figured it would just die. But clearly now it has turned into a bash I-Speed thread and not about voicing complaints from past experiences.

For me this is kinda walking on a tight rope, first of all I am friends with Chris & Bill and have a professional relationship with Quirt. I've seen people here talk me up and just talk them down. So, I thought about staying neutral and not saying anything so I can protect my business since I have standing relationships with so many people on this board. But in the end, I just couldn't go without saying nothing, so if I lose business over something as rediculous as this thread then so be it! I don't give a S**t. Take your business elsewhere.

Honestly, I wonder if I were to leave what would happen, would stories come out after, once I'm not around to face anyone. I think that some people actually are pissed that I-Speed isn't here to do cheap installs, which was possible because the lack of overhead. And some may have legitimate complaints, which is possible, we're only human. I believe someone mentioned training, on-the-job training exist, accept it, it's in every institution you can think of. I've been fortunate to have been around here from the begining, though my post count doesn't reflect it. I remember back in the day when Subaru's were just a cult car and the way you got your mods put on was going to install-fests, it was great, but that was then. Now Subaru's are mainstream and there is a big business to be made out there, my tiny little shop is proof of that. In fact many of the businesses that are out there now, I knew the guys before, they were like me. They loved working on their Subaru, yet that wasn't enough they wanted more, so they worked on friends cars for nothing, because they loved it, it's called Passion. Some people are so infected by these pieces of metal that make up a Subaru that they're willing to quit their jobs and start a business, just because they enjoy a car, it's crazy. I did this very thing, as did Chris, Bill, Quirt and countless others. Maybe I can't speak for them, though I make less money than I would have, I consider myself successful because I'm doing something that I love. It's a choice I made as did my friends and you can't take that away. These message boards aren't the world, I really think that some people around here really need to step away from the computer and go outside. It's just a car, man.....I made it my business, not my life.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled program "Days of our I-Club Lives"

It's late and I'm out, peace:

-Adam
Old 03-18-2005, 01:39 AM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by LICmotorsports
These message boards aren't the world, I really think that some people around here really need to step away from the computer and go outside.
*logs off*

:sadwavey:

Old 03-18-2005, 03:43 PM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Originally Posted by LICmotorsports
if I lose business over something as rediculous as this thread then so be it! I don't give a S**t. Take your business elsewhere.
pointless post. and you shouldnt say stuff like this^^^. i havent been to i-speed OR lic. im just reading this cuz its interesting. saying stuff like this just makes it easier for me to simply avoid lic haha. but you dont care. peace. im out too. lol
Old 03-18-2005, 04:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
Originally Posted by odyss3y
Describe in single words only the good things that come into your mind...about your mother?

(i really hope someone out there gets my joke)
Yeah I still need that laserdisc player :-/

Quick Reply: The truth about i-speed..."back to the bay..."