Traded A STI for Honda S2000 = DUMB ASS!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 08:36 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
S2K is a beautiful car, I'd love to have one as a second vehicle. Too impractical to be my only ride, though. I think the guy is an idiot for not buying what he wanted in the first place. He probably took a financial beating on the trade.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:42 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
If you have ever driven an S2K, I would be surprised if you didnt like the car. Granted, it doesnt have crap for torque and you need to drive it hard to stay in tha happy zone. But.... the thing is faster than my stock WRX and it is a convertible.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:55 AM

Car Info: 04' JBP STi 02' WRB Wagon
Originally posted by doughboy
i'm going out on a limb here, but could he be rev matching to downshift? i rev match during downshifts and sometimes wonder if other people might think i'm revving on them as i'm passing by.

say we're comign to a light and the lane next to me has a long line of cars. as i'm downshifting, preparing for the light to turn green as i approach the intersection (with a safety margin, of course), would the people in the next lane think i'm revving on one or two of them?

the same could be applied to cars in oncoming traffic, such as your case.

just a thought.

db
Thats a good stab at an explaination, but traffic was moving at a lesuirely 15, and just by the sound it didn't sound like a regular rev match (unless s2k's need to blip to 6k to shift into 1st, which was about around the neighborhood)

He wasn't slowing down or accelerating, so i drew the conclusion that he was either in first or second to begin with, and that kind of rev matching would have either caused a little more friction than desired on a smooth ds, or it would have jerked his car forward b/c it was too high for the speed he was going.

Final note, i didn't hear it just as he was passing by, either he is not very experienced and needs 3+ seconds of holding it at that rpm, or he was staring right into my face while he revved.

this is the second time that someone doesn't seem to think i know what a downshift is. Thanks guys i love you!
Old 03-03-2004, 10:32 AM

Car Info: GDA
Originally posted by Seraph
this is the second time that someone doesn't seem to think i know what a downshift is. Thanks guys i love you!
hahaha...that wasn't what i meant. i wasn't criticizing your judgement.

my earlier post was partly a jab at explaining why he might have revved and partly b/c i wanted to ask if others might perceive my downshifts as me revving on them.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:56 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
s2k suck! end of discussion....

so please all STFU ALREADY!
edgar, ha ha
Old 03-03-2004, 11:50 AM

the mazdaspeed miata looks interesting
Old 03-03-2004, 12:03 PM
more than meets the eye

Car Info: ?
Originally posted by View Askew
Anyone who needs a car or material possesions 2 get girls is a sorry *** excuse for a man hahah.

People like different things. Big deal. Nothing 2 get "your" panties in a bunch over. I'd rather get an evo over both of those all day long.
it was a joke :banana:
Old 03-03-2004, 12:25 PM

Car Info: '21 STI
Originally posted by soundwave
it was a joke :banana:
I know. I was just making a comment about people who do use their cars 2 pick up girls. Hahhaha.

And S2k's are sick cars. :banana:
Old 03-03-2004, 01:00 PM

Car Info: 04' JBP STi 02' WRB Wagon
Originally posted by doughboy
hahaha...that wasn't what i meant. i wasn't criticizing your judgement.

my earlier post was partly a jab at explaining why he might have revved and partly b/c i wanted to ask if others might perceive my downshifts as me revving on them.
Probably, i think i'm revving on people when i downshift (but it just sounds so damn cool, i can't just granny drive this thing)
Old 03-03-2004, 01:54 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
there was a member here that got rid of his wrx for an s2k.....not an STI but still a wrx.....he's pretty happy last I heard.

We never know why someone might trade their car in. Might have been funds. Might have been his wife. Might have been he just didn't like the sti.....strangely enough that is possible.

The s2k is a great car. The new motor is pretty sweet. If a 2 seater convertible is more up your allie than a 4 door then it's a great choice for a car.

No harm no foul..just means a lucky person is gonna get a nearly brand new STI for less than he/she was gonna pay.

I saw an sti on a honda lot like 6 months ago. Blue...might be the same one. I put a thread up here on it.

To each his own. Maybe the dude got the s2k for his lady and bought himself a truck or something......
Old 03-03-2004, 03:16 PM

Car Info: '11 WRX Hatch | '04 WRX Wagon - Aspen White -SOLD
Straight line speed isn't everything. A lot of people prefer NA power to turbo power for the responsiveness and power delivery. I 've got my WRX tuned to more HP than my S2000 right now, but you'll always see me driving my S2000 whenever the chance to go road course racing, auto-x, or "spirited driving with friends" comes along. It may not be as quick in the straights, but definitely has a better feeling overall.

Last edited by curveslayer; 03-03-2004 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-03-2004, 05:25 PM

Car Info: 03 Wrx black sedan + 2013 BRZ
Originally posted by curveslayer
Straight line speed isn't everything. A lot of people prefer NA power to turbo power for the responsiveness and power delivery. I 've got my WRX tuned to more HP than my S2000 right now, but you'll always see me driving my S2000 whenever the chance to go road course racing, auto-x, or "spirited driving with friends" comes along. It may not be as quick in the straights, but definitely has a better feeling overall.
I test drove the s2K when my mom was buying a Civic, I gotta say that I liked the s2k, it handled really well and it felt nice sitting in the drivers seat. I don't think you could go wrong with either car, I would take both, but if I only had to choose one I would take the WRX just because I like to be able to carry more than one person and I like the 4wd, but for all out just cruising in the summer I think the s2K is hands down the winner.

Jason
Old 03-03-2004, 05:35 PM

Car Info: WRB 2003 WRX
Speed is not everything to some people. Some people would rather have a convertible and a sleek look than just pure performance. To each his own, so I wouldn't go as far as calling him/her names ..... some people just don't get that .... sigh
Old 03-03-2004, 05:47 PM

Car Info: 1942 ford pinto
yeah well you allhave to remember we are all here because we like subaru's so this thread was gonna be one sided no matter what. imi sure if the opposite happened on a honda s2000 forum all of the post would be exactly the same but in favor of the s2k
Old 03-03-2004, 05:49 PM

You are soooo right about that!

Quick Reply: Traded A STI for Honda S2000 = DUMB ASS!