Tons of CHP on 580 today

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 12:09 PM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
Tons of CHP on 580 today

Just fyi for those of you with mellon shooters... on 580 between downtown oakland and highway 13. I saw 4 bike cops 2 straight white cars and 4 black and white units and they all had radar out and it looked like a bike cop was looking under a hood.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:27 PM

Car Info: 07 specB
and 4 more in the bushes jerking eachother off

its nice being afraid in our own community...i mean it makes sense that the normal citizens should have to pay extra to support the state, like it isnt hard enough on everybody right now as it is...*insert massive sarcasm*
Old 04-22-2009, 12:35 PM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
Yea this who gotta pay to play thing has got to go. I'm about do dump some serious money further boosting our economy in parts and wrench time. You call some of these parts "illeagal" but why is this the only state where said things are "illeagal"?

I mean really how much damage are we really doing to the environment which these laws were created to protect?

Particularly when I am tuning my car to run as efficiently as possible using a bio fuel.

I wish I had the time to do somthing about this.

I<3subie has mentioned a class action suit with sema but they don't care because manf are able to sell parts in less gay states.
Thanks for the heads up BTW

END RANT
Old 04-22-2009, 12:45 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Well california has a lot of drivers, so they might sell parts in other states, but this is the big bang state that they want their products sold. In reality, the internal combustion engine ranks 3rd.. but the numbers aren't even aligned. We could be third, but probably less than 1% of production of green house gases.

Ranked of green house emitting gases
1) Ocean
2) Land
3) internal combustible engine
4) Aerosols, etc.

But if the split is

Ocean 99%
Land .05%
Combustible engine .0025%

etc, I dont think it's much of a difference, we aren't going to fix how the ocean and land are making green house gases. Just another fake propaganda by Al Gore.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:50 PM

i have $1400 in tickets sitting on my desk right now and can honestly say i deserved 1 of them! i have been to court so many times, have proven my case and been shut down every time. i even had the lady at my insurance company laugh when i told her what my points were for...

THERE IS NO JUSTICE IN A SYSTEM DESIGNED TO CREATE REVENUE...PERIOD
Old 04-22-2009, 12:52 PM

Duplicate post

Last edited by Shayhan27; 04-22-2009 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Duplicate post
Old 04-22-2009, 12:52 PM
cal

Car Info: 03
dont forget about cow poop and the methane they produce.

cow poop ftl
Old 04-22-2009, 12:53 PM

EF the man when it comes to aftermarket peformance parts. It is just a revenue producer in the state of california and the CHP for the most part "city cops too" have found that this is a way for them to generate tickets.

People have been altering cars since thier inception to make them go faster. Not here in California though damn liberal tree hugging hippies that get struck by the good idea fairy and then the LEO's that exploit the stupid rules to generate revinue.
Damn them all to hell!!!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 02:15 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Speaking of things that do not make sense. Why is California limited to 91 octane at most Premium pumps in the state? It really seems to me that we would actually be polluting less if we were able to use the higher octanes that our cars were designed to use. By using a lower octane fuel our car is limiting the timing, causing less power, but forcing the car to run richer than need be. Richer burning fuel seems like it is creating more pollutants.

We are also paying a higher price on the premium fuel for a worse fuel than what most of the other states are able to get. I really do not see the point of why we are still using 91 octane (when we used to have higher octane fuels within the last 2 decades as our normal premium fuels).
Old 04-22-2009, 02:34 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX PSM
Originally Posted by scoo*B
and 4 more in the bushes jerking eachother off

its nice being afraid in our own community...i mean it makes sense that the normal citizens should have to pay extra to support the state, like it isnt hard enough on everybody right now as it is...*insert massive sarcasm*
Just playing the devil's advocate, you wouldn't be afraid of getting popped if you hadn't done anything illegal. We all know of the downsides to illegally modifying our cars. What are your tickets for? I have little sympathy for people who get pulled over and have a melon shooter exhaust. I have a twin tip borla hush turbo back, and have never been pulled over for anything, period. I drive responsibly and throw it into a higher gear when I see a cop, and that seems to work fine. Most cops are pretty cool if you treat them with respect, but if you are blatantly doing something illegal, remember they are just doing their jobs.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by JArnaud
Just playing the devil's advocate, you wouldn't be afraid of getting popped if you hadn't done anything illegal. We all know of the downsides to illegally modifying our cars. What are your tickets for? I have little sympathy for people who get pulled over and have a melon shooter exhaust. I have a twin tip borla hush turbo back, and have never been pulled over for anything, period. I drive responsibly and throw it into a higher gear when I see a cop, and that seems to work fine. Most cops are pretty cool if you treat them with respect, but if you are blatantly doing something illegal, remember they are just doing their jobs.

So let me make a rediculus statement here.

In California I can leagally smoke Marijuana if my doctor prescribes which I cant do anywhere else in the country but

I cant have an aftermarket exhaust that may or may not increase performance which I can do in most of the rest of the country.

Yea im hella breaking the law with my exhaust and it is soooooooo detrimental to the rest of society.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:45 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX PSM
Dude, I am not saying I agree with the laws, I am just saying you cant ***** and moan when you get popped for blatantly breaking California laws. Yeah, its stupid, and one could argue that yes, its bad for the environment, especially given how many cars are in California. If everyone ripped out their cats from their cars, our skies would be black with exhaust crap. And, some people think the noise is annoying. I love the sound of the boxer engine rumble, but its just a nuisance to some.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:51 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I wasnt picking on you I didnt mean to make it appear that way. You did say you were playing the devils advocate. I was just playing the waaaaaaaa card cause getting in trouble for modifying your car puts sand in my MANGINA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 02:55 PM

Car Info: 99 Legacy 2.5GT, 01 FOZZY
I want to see this exact car getting sent the the state ref hahahahahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nL4iuE2Fqo
Old 04-22-2009, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by JArnaud
bro i have a prodrive oval tip and 2.5 mid...my car is quiet to say the least...but u keep thinking the cops are cool while they are hiding in pairs on evey onramp to only get hardened criminals

oh and it would take a whole page to list the ridiculous tickets ive gotten in the past! 80 on I-5, copped flipped a ***** and ran me down for 10 over on the straightest section of fwy possible!...fail to yield to pedestrians when the cop was the one blocking my view (which he even admitted to right before handing me the ticket!) ...and i got plenty more that are absolutely ridiculous

Last edited by scoo*B; 04-22-2009 at 03:29 PM. Reason: cause there is no justice in a system designed to generate revenue

Quick Reply: Tons of CHP on 580 today