Ticket for tire guy?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 02:07 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Ticket for tire guy?????

Who was it that got the ticket for their tires on their stock 06 STI?????

just asking because I got the same ticket over around lake berryessa/napa over the weekend.

Mine have more than 4k on them but they aren't even down to the wear bars yet.

just wondering. I think if this keeps happening we might want to start writing these police departments and informing them of their ignorance to what is a stock tire. Fortunately I got mine signed off without doing anything. They guy wanted me to go buy new tires.

Thinking maybe of getting a letter from a local subaru dealership or even from SOA explaining their tires. Or even from the tire manufacturer. If these types of tickets keep getting written and no one says anything it could end up hurting SOA and the tire manufacturers.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:09 PM

wow, tons of cops are moron's

i don't get how you can be an everyday citizen, understand most things in life, and then once that uniform is put on, become a complete moron (for the most part)
Old 10-09-2006, 02:25 PM
-j-

Car Info: 2006 Audi A3/2007 Civic Si
It's getting very bad. That arm just keeps getting longer. It makes me afraid to drive anywhere.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:33 PM
General Pimpin'

Fortunately my brother in law reminded me he was a police officer and can sign off my fix it tickets. haaa. WOOT!!! But he is a good cop so he checked my tires and asked if I had my registration sticker....I said yes. He signed. So no "free" passes for stuff.

He keeps me posted on what the police officers are doing as well which is cool. He just did a street racing awareness class. Said they showed him what to look for and what not.

He also told me that fresno is getting Dodge Chargers for their cars next year. V6 though. He was bummed. Clovis is getting the hemi though. And aparently Fresno has a very strict no chase policy. He literally told me....so if you do something bad...run. They'll call it off.

I just laughed and said..yeah then I'll get a phone call from you....ummmm...ray. Slow down and come into the station. he laughed and said....yeah. We run plates and show up at houses.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:59 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Who was it that got the ticket for their tires on their stock 06 STI?????

what's the exact CVC on that ticket?
Old 10-09-2006, 05:16 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by ldivinag
what's the exact CVC on that ticket?

I'll let you know later.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:22 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
man thats lame
Old 10-09-2006, 05:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
i would be hella polite to the cop and then just get it written off or go to court and state the obvious, talk about "trying" to give flashy cars tickets- what a bored *** hat. were you out in the twisties where its sheriff territory or was it a cop/chp?
Old 10-09-2006, 06:31 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by wrxtunerd
i would be hella polite to the cop and then just get it written off or go to court and state the obvious, talk about "trying" to give flashy cars tickets- what a bored *** hat. were you out in the twisties where its sheriff territory or was it a cop/chp?

I was out in the twisties but it was a CHP
Old 10-09-2006, 06:37 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by Daredevil
wow, tons of cops are moron's

i don't get how you can be an everyday citizen, understand most things in life, and then once that uniform is put on, become a complete moron (for the most part)

the worst part is, its not bad enough that they dont know **** about cars, but they are allowed to write you citations based soley on their uninformed subjective opinion. How many people here have gotten a ticket for their exhaust being too loud without being Db'd?

These guys dont even get 5 minutes of training on what 95db should sound like they just tell you "Its just too loud"

oh well, I guess its not as bad as getting a modified exhaust ticket for a stock STI muffler...
Old 10-09-2006, 06:41 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
i carry a dB meter and a copy of the CVC regarding exhausts now =)
Old 10-09-2006, 07:15 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
Did the cop not look at the wear bar? The stock sti tires are pretty slick on the outside but the wear bar is the real indicator. Plenty of co workers have told me that my tires look bald and this was when it had 6k miles.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:30 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by STIdevildog
Did the cop not look at the wear bar? The stock sti tires are pretty slick on the outside but the wear bar is the real indicator. Plenty of co workers have told me that my tires look bald and this was when it had 6k miles.

He told me they were bald. I explained they are performance tires and they are suppose to look like that and told him to check the wear bars as I'm not down to them yet.

He checked them and then told me that I was down to the wear bar and I had to change them. I stopped at the hotel and checked them. They're tired but they are above the wear bars.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:39 PM
-j-

Car Info: 2006 Audi A3/2007 Civic Si
Originally Posted by Krinkov
How many people here have gotten a ticket for their exhaust being too loud without being Db'd?

I would be one of them. I even had paperwork for it to show it's CARB approved with the db rating. I still was sent to the ref. Even the ref said everyone is being sent over to them. They just signed off without the db test. Still had to go to court after that where the judge just dismissed it. $10 admin fee paid. So I wasted about 2 days getting things settled.

That's why I no longer contribute to them. I feel like they're all about making money like churches.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:12 PM

Car Info: Steel Gray 2006 STi MBP 2012 Impreza Sport
that was me

my tires are around 4/32 going into 2/32

Quick Reply: Ticket for tire guy?????