Thunderhill Video - 6-25-04

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 09:01 PM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
Yeah. Misjudging your car's brakes at 110 is much worse than, say, 4 offs in one day...
Zing!
Old 07-05-2004, 09:23 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
Yeah. Misjudging your car's brakes at 110 is much worse than, say, 4 offs in one day...
Ill take 4 under 25mph offs over one 110mph off anyday
Old 07-05-2004, 09:29 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally Posted by Kostamojen
Ill take 4 under 25mph offs over one 110mph off anyday
The rest of the field might think otherwise. You sure you don't want to sell the L for a Mini Cooper S?
Old 07-05-2004, 09:49 PM
NASIOC Slut

The rest of the field might think otherwise. You sure you don't want to sell the L for a Mini Cooper S?
FWD... NEVER AGAIN!!! (exept when conserving mpg in the '78)

I dont think even gary sheehan could have kept my car straight at buttonwillow It was fubared. Much better now, and will have an alignment (and engine) before Fernly
Old 07-05-2004, 09:51 PM

There was nothing wrong with your car when you showed up. But making the rear sway stiffer after losing it twice surely didn't help...
Old 07-05-2004, 10:19 PM
NASIOC Slut

There was nothing wrong with your car when you showed up. But making the rear sway stiffer after losing it twice surely didn't help...
Huh?
Old 07-05-2004, 10:22 PM

Huh?
You spun into the dirt twice because you overcooked and got loose. Then you tightened your swaybar. Then you overcooked twice more. That's what is wrong with your alignment.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:58 PM
NASIOC Slut

My swaybar is non-adjustable. I had my alignment after the track day, and its screwed up now because of Egans whiteline rear control links. I never overcooked any of the corners (exept that one where I went straight off, I didnt want to go sideways into the dirt)

My car wasnt acting like yours was that day, IE actually biting and turning in well. The rear end would just come out and not come back no mater what I did. It was mostly tire pressure and the AGX settings causing the issues. Its fine now, in fact much better. I cant wait for fernly

Last edited by Kostamojen; 07-06-2004 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:01 PM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
My swaybar is non-adjustable. I had my alignment after the track day, and its screwed up now because of Egans whiteline rear control links. I never overcooked any of the corners (exept that one where I went straight off, I didnt want to go sideways into the dirt)

My car wasnt acting like yours was that day, IE actually biting and turning in well. The rear end would just come out and not come back no mater what I did. It was mostly tire pressure and the AGX settings causing the issues. Its fine now, in fact much better. I cant wait for fernly
Excuse me? I thought my lateral links fixed all of your problems. You were raving about how great they were. What happened?
Old 07-06-2004, 01:05 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
crap....would some tech savy person help me figure out how to play windows files on my damn mac. All these videos and I never get to watch them...

errrrr. I have G5/OSX if that helps.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:11 PM

Okay, you turned up your rear struts instead of your swaybar. Same qeustionable tactic. When you've driven the car off the track twice already, adjustments that make the car more aggressive are not called for.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:46 PM
NASIOC Slut

Originally Posted by Egan
Excuse me? I thought my lateral links fixed all of your problems. You were raving about how great they were. What happened?
No the alignment is screwed up (never got it adjusted afterward) but the car drives great now like I said.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:47 PM
NASIOC Slut

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
crap....would some tech savy person help me figure out how to play windows files on my damn mac. All these videos and I never get to watch them...

errrrr. I have G5/OSX if that helps.
Im pretty sure there is some free software out there that runs .wmv files on a mac. Check via google/yahoo, etc.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:51 PM
NASIOC Slut

Okay, you turned up your rear struts instead of your swaybar. Same qeustionable tactic. When you've driven the car off the track twice already, adjustments that make the car more aggressive are not called for.
I never turned them up after the first time before I went onto the track, which is another thing im confused about. I turned the up that once, then just adjusted tire pressure. Didnt turn the strut settings down until before that last one run where gary and nate were on the track.

I had the strut settings at the same setting as they were at Thunderhill, but the one or two small mods I had between then and Buttonwilliow made it so the car was crazy tail happy with those same settings. I probably wont even change the strut settings at first this time for Fernly, just leave them as they are now. But the alignment I will get between now and then will help even out the car even more (the rear toe is off due to the lateral link install)
Old 07-06-2004, 04:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02Wag on 17's
I never turned them up after the first time before I went onto the track, which is another thing im confused about. I turned the up that once, then just adjusted tire pressure. Didnt turn the strut settings down until before that last one run where gary and nate were on the track.

I had the strut settings at the same setting as they were at Thunderhill, but the one or two small mods I had between then and Buttonwilliow made it so the car was crazy tail happy with those same settings. I probably wont even change the strut settings at first this time for Fernly, just leave them as they are now. But the alignment I will get between now and then will help even out the car even more (the rear toe is off due to the lateral link install)

Quick Reply: Thunderhill Video - 6-25-04