For those insured with esurance?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 04:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: black pearl sti
I have esurance. I crashed my car, and due to issues with the local constable waited three months to file a claim. they didn't even question it just asked me if i was ok and then totaled out the car in less then a week. Then my bank tried to say i still owed money and they told them tough ****, they paid the number the bank gave them and that was it.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:18 PM

Car Info: Not a WRX any more . . .
Originally Posted by wagonrex
That makes a big difference. I know AAA has the best service by far but they are kinda expensive.
I had AAA for a few years and their service always sucked. Their offices had constant turnover so no one we talked to ever had any idea what was going on. It ended when I was in a minor fender bender -- they never bothered to talk to me even once, just sent me a letter saying they had decided it was my fault. I could argue whether or not it was my fault (I should have been paying more attention, the other guy should not have been driving like a moron/trying to get into an accident) but having them make the decision without even asking their own customer for an account of the accident . . . they lost me as a customer after that.

And don't get me started about Allstate. OK, I'll limit myself to one example, my wife was in a minor accident in Michigan in the winter, lots of ice and someone slid into her. No damage, which was lucky, because although we had been their customers for at least 3 years at that point, it turned out Allstate claimed we were not insured by them, using the excuse that our agent (one of their employees) was on vacation for a month and had forgotten to fill out some paperwork before he left. Too bad for us, we were supposed to know not to get in an accident when our agent went on vacation. (Oddly they were still happy to take our premium that month.) It was the last (and most lame) of a long series of excuses for incompetence that we got from them before moving to AAA . . . the rest of the time it was more mundane stuff like double billing us on a regular basis.

Now I have State Farm, it has more or less worked out but but I would hardly say their customer service is great either. The people at the local office are great, but they can't actually do anything but sell you insurance and straighten out billing problems (you would think a large company like that would have a billing system figured out by now, but apparently not). If you're actually in a wreck, you have a lot of work on your hands to get them to pay up and get the job done right.

And I'll end this unplanned rant (sorry) by saying I know a couple people with Geico who seem to really like them.

Last edited by bclee; 08-26-2006 at 07:23 PM.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:54 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
USAA and Chubb takes better care of their customers than eSurance, Geico, Allstate, etc.

Typically you get what you pay for...
Old 08-26-2006, 08:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by scoobie8
I have 21st century and they just rape you for your money, I have a great driving record and still get jacked oh well I guess I will need to shop around! if any one has a good company let me know!
You know, I'm not sure how they would be now, but I filed a claim with 21st back in 2003. I took my car to a body shop recommended by the dealership where I bought my car, and the shop ended up being a direct repair shop for 21st. The claim was authorized and parts ordered same day, rental car was setup within hours. When the police report came back faulting me, I spoke with 21st and they decided not to fault me and to instead handle my claim as comprehensive. As a result, I have a comp claim, not a collision claim on my record. They didn't even raise my rates (they did stop lowering them though lol. The claim was $10k after all). About 9 months later when I had an issue related to the original accident, I called them, explained what the dealer had found when diagnosing my car and they approved it in one business day.

Their claim process was phenomenal. Unfortunately, their phone monkeys at level 1 are generally incompetent and don't actually seem to care about resolving customer issues. Otherwise, I would have stayed with them longer.