For those insured with esurance?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 11:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: AWD & RWD JDM
For those insured with esurance?

If you have or have had esurance AND have filed a claim, what was your experience like? I'm having MAJOR customer service issues with them, and I'm wondering if that means I'd also have major issues if ever I file a claim.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:00 AM

Car Info: wrx
hate to say it... but they are crap. i wouldnt have gotten them in the first place.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:47 AM

Car Info: 06 Audi A3
You should try Progresive. They rape you harder.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:21 AM

Car Info: 2000 Subaru Impreza RSTi
Originally Posted by projectwrx
hate to say it... but they are crap. i wouldnt have gotten them in the first place.
+1 same experience
Old 08-24-2006, 08:45 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
You pay for cheap insurace you get crappy service.

I've heard stories about esurance and geico taking more then 3+ months to settle a claim.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:17 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
My dad has esurance and he got screwed when he was in an accident. He had to pay out of his pocket to get his car back in a timely fashion. He got reimbursed but it took a couple of weeks.
Geico had great service in my opinion. 1 day to settle my claim. Brought my last car to the bodyshop and got a quote. They sent the shop a check overnight. They didn't even send an agent or anything to look at the car. I have allstate now because it's cheaper but would go back to geico if I got a good rate.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:19 AM

Car Info: 2009 A3 2.0T quattro
Hate to be the opposite, but I had an absolutely wonderful experience with them. Accident happened on Sunday, called them Suday @ 3pm, they had everything dealth with within 20 minutes on the phone. Took my car to their recommneded place, esurance made sure they got the right wing replacement, etc. Paid my deductible.

Easy as pie.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:48 AM

I have 21st right now. Their rate just sucks IMO. They go up on me every 6 months and you don't get too much credit for being a good driver.

So who has the best rate and best services?
Old 08-24-2006, 01:38 PM

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon and 08 Civic Si
just drop your policy and tell them to jam it
Old 08-24-2006, 02:11 PM

Car Info: n/a
I had a pretty good experience with them last time I was in an accident. The payment went to my auto body shop quickly. I just had problems being able to contact my claims representative at times. The were the cheapest ones to insure my STi though.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:14 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by wagonrex
I have 21st right now. Their rate just sucks IMO. They go up on me every 6 months and you don't get too much credit for being a good driver.

So who has the best rate and best services?
I loved 21st when I first started with them in 2001. Now they suck, which is why I switched from them to AAA. I have higher coverage limits and saved almost $700/yr even after I pay for the AAA membership (which then also gets me roadside assistance and all that). I've been REALLY happy with them thus far. (fyi - one reason I'm saving money is because I also insure my home through them so I get a bit of a discount that way).
Old 08-24-2006, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by sonicsuby
I loved 21st when I first started with them in 2001. Now they suck, which is why I switched from them to AAA. I have higher coverage limits and saved almost $700/yr even after I pay for the AAA membership (which then also gets me roadside assistance and all that). I've been REALLY happy with them thus far. (fyi - one reason I'm saving money is because I also insure my home through them so I get a bit of a discount that way).
That makes a big difference. I know AAA has the best service by far but they are kinda expensive.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:22 PM

Car Info: 05' WRB STI
Wagonrex you couldn't be more wrong :P . CSAA (aka AAA) has extremely low rates w/ pretty good CS (it's who I have), the problem is they use assigned adjusters so it can take a while to hook up w/ them via the phone.

That is why State Farm and Geico go with the team approach where your claim is handled by a group of people (for relatively straightforward claims), you may have to wait on hold for a while but will always be able to get to someoen instead of leaving 3000 voicemails.

The thing about people comparing how long it took for their company to settle a claim...it has everything to do with how complicated your accident/claim was, which body you chose (direct repair shop?) and who you happened to get on the phone a lot more than which company you have. Yes, some company's tend to suck *** more consistently than others but it really is a claim by claim thing.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:53 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX PSM WAAGONE & 1967 vee dub squareback
I have 21st century and they just rape you for your money, I have a great driving record and still get jacked oh well I guess I will need to shop around! if any one has a good company let me know!
Old 08-24-2006, 10:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
last claim my mom filed with gecko went smoothly...actually every claim I remember her making has gone pretty smoothly...I guess they treat you better when youve been with them for 35+ years

Quick Reply: For those insured with esurance?