Those familiar with the state ref

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 11:03 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by Spoolin415
I'm sure the Holiday Inn will be nicer than the ref.

Thanks, Mark. You pay to play, stuff happens. Coulda been worse, I could have been towed.

Time to spend some quality time in the engine bay.
Let me know if you need help with anything. I wouldn't mind spending an afternoon working on your car if you decide to take anything out.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:05 PM

I'm going to do the mature thing and "move" to NV and then really move to AZ. I'm done with this ****hole. Hell, even draconian NY was less 3rd Reich than here.
Arizona? You have family there or something? That place is so goddamn hot.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:09 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by subie OCD
This makes me so angry.
Yup, I'm not a happy camper right now. What really gets me is what blatant crap CARB is and the fact it has an almost zero percent chance of ever changing.

Originally Posted by saqwarrior
Arizona? You have family there or something? That place is so goddamn hot.
No, no family. Just close enough to CA to visit family and enough personal liberty/quality of life to keep me happy. What I can sell my condo for here will get me a nice home out there. I can't justify living here any longer. I looked at the PNW, but I think I don't like grunge.

Let me know if you need help with anything. I wouldn't mind spending an afternoon working on your car if you decide to take anything out.
Thanks, I'll let you know for sure. A lot is going to have to come off, which means a trip to storage for stock parts, figuring out which bolt belongs to what and some kind of stealth trip somewhere since I live in a god damned condo and have no place to work on my car.

....maybe I'll just have my car towed to a repair station as per the citing officers advice.

Last edited by Spoolin415; 05-02-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:09 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
That $436 fine is if you choose to leave your car as is and not visit the sate ref, correct?

What CVC were you cited for?

Yes, I can pay the $436 and be on my merry way.

CVC was same as you, 27156(b). I have no stickers, no body kit, no tint and my catless exhaust is very discrete, it tucks up nicely under the bumper and is not angled or ricer.... I believe I was pulled over soley for my giant STi wing. I was not speeding or driving crazy. If I was driving like an *** then I would take this quietly but this is some ****ing bull**** and I am pissed.

Today I actually removed my STi wing and replaced it with a WRX trunk/wing. Hopefully this will keep the fuzz off my back.

Our rights and monies are slowly being taken away.... ug.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:11 PM

Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
superlame.com was it SFPD or CHP?
Old 05-02-2009, 11:13 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx
EGT has nothing to do with the emission system any gauge etc. Look the information police officers are given regarding what it stock and what is not is like this. IF its a honda.... IF it has a spoiler. If there is chrome pipey things under the hood. And what really really really pisses me off!! Why dose my axle back subaru get pulled over for being to noisy but, the Harley and dodge trucks that are so loud! they actually hurt little kids ears is ok? its just ignorance.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by subie OCD
Yes, I can pay the $436 and be on my merry way.

CVC was same as you, 27156(b). I have no stickers, no body kit, no tint and my catless exhaust is very discrete, it tucks up nicely under the bumper and is not angled or ricer.... I believe I was pulled over soley for my giant STi wing. I was not speeding or driving crazy. If I was driving like an *** then I would take this quietly but this is some ****ing bull**** and I am pissed.

Today I actually removed my STi wing and replaced it with a WRX trunk/wing. Hopefully this will keep the fuzz off my back.

Our rights and monies are slowly being taken away.... ug.
If you're heavily modded, $436 isn't too bad. But, it just further proves my point that CA doesn't give a damn about emissions, they care about taking our money so they can waste it with out of control spending.

Admittedly, my car is probably more of a target than yours since I do have tint, but my window was rolled down. He just saw the wing, plain and simple.

Originally Posted by SR20steve
superlame.com was it SFPD or CHP?
HA! SFPD doesn't give a rats ***. I've always said if you get pulled over by SFPD you must have done something incredible to actually get their attention or you found the ONE officer who cares about petty laws. They have better things to do.

AAA, FTMFL, with a gun strikes again.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by TylerSTI
EGT has nothing to do with the emission system any gauge etc. Look the information police officers are given regarding what it stock and what is not is like this. IF its a honda.... IF it has a spoiler. If there is chrome pipey things under the hood. And what really really really pisses me off!! Why dose my axle back subaru get pulled over for being to noisy but, the Harley and dodge trucks that are so loud! they actually hurt little kids ears is ok? its just ignorance.
Believe it or not, cruiser bikes get picked on by LEOs quite a bit for being too loud. But yeah, I agree with what you said about domestic trucks ... and it applies to "muscle cars" also. For some reason, they don't seem to get hassled as much.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by TylerSTI
Cool, so my EGT and oil press. are ok then. My boost is a factory option, maybe I just changed the gauge for an OE replacement. I'll probably unplug the Defi unit just to be safe.

I agree 100%, its profiling plain and simple. But, we can thank our own community for this. The citing officer mentioned street racing, I very clearly spelt out for him that I don't street race, my perfect driving record, blah blah blah. Of course he isn't going to believe me when he sees **** wads in STIs racing around Oakland in those "Bay Area Racing" youtube videos.

Thank those *******s next time you get your hood popped for the sole reason of owning a car that 'fits the description'.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:37 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
But, it just further proves my point that CA doesn't give a damn about emissions
Yep, its all about the money.... and the conspiracy theorist in me says its about taking our freedom.

Sorry, Ive been drinking and my emotions are getting the best of me. I'll calm down now
Old 05-02-2009, 11:37 PM

Cool, so my EGT and oil press. are ok then. My boost is a factory option, maybe I just changed the gauge for an OE replacement. I'll probably unplug the Defi unit just to be safe.

I agree 100%, its profiling plain and simple. But, we can thank our own community for this. The citing officer mentioned street racing, I very clearly spelt out for him that I don't street race, my perfect driving record, blah blah blah. Of course he isn't going to believe me when he sees **** wads in STIs racing around Oakland in those "Bay Area Racing" youtube videos.

Thank those *******s next time you get your hood popped for the sole reason of owning a car that 'fits the description'.
Ok I just did a search for "Bay Area Racing" on Youtube and holy **** there's some dumb****s out there. I really had no idea that people could be so enamored with driving fast in a straight line.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:43 PM

Ok I just did a search for "Bay Area Racing" on Youtube and holy **** there's some dumb****s out there. I really had no idea that people could be so enamored with driving fast in a straight line.
Yup, mind boggling, I know at least one of those morons posted/posts on here.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:53 PM
10.07.85 - 05.22.10

Car Info: 2007 STI
omg, no way! I can't believe they got you...what a bunch of BS damn

well if you decide to return to stock and visit the ref, you are welcome to come up to my place and we can spend the day swapping everything out. just let me know if/when you want to do it

Last edited by jagstyle; 05-02-2009 at 11:56 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by jagstyle
omg, no way! I can't believe they got you...what a bunch of BS damn

well if you decide to return to stock and visit the ref, you are welcome to come up to my place and we can spend the day swapping everything out. just let me know if/when you want to do it
Ha, isn't that crazy since I was worried about it for some odd reason. I usually never give it a second thought, but today just didn't feel right. Ah well.

Thanks, I really appreciate that. The bad news is that subframe will probably have to come back off to get the downpipe off.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:58 AM
banned

Car Info: 09 wrx
That $436 fine is if you choose to leave your car as is and not visit the sate ref, correct?

What CVC were you cited for?

I agree, this state's laws are total BS. But, I knowingly broke them, so I can only be mad at myself. The circumstances in which I was pulled over were/are total crap, but it is what it is at this point.

I'm going to do the mature thing and "move" to NV and then really move to AZ. I'm done with this ****hole. Hell, even draconian NY was less 3rd Reich than here.

Thanks for the kind words, good luck in your case as well.
50 deep winged protest to Sacramento FTMFW lets roll

Quick Reply: Those familiar with the state ref