Thinking of stepping down to an '06 Wagon..

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 09:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by SuperHawk
I think that the dealership in Fairfield has two SGM cars on the lot that are 06s

Green Valley subaru
I am only looking for a wagon, but once I can I will check them out. I just need to sell my car, but I might go pick one up and sell my car after - just wanted to make sure I could sell my car first because I don't want to be stuck with it. Shouldn't be too hard to sell a nice '01 RS coupe, but you never know.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:36 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRB Wagon Ltd.
Both wagons
Old 09-28-2006, 09:38 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Can you make a wagon handle?
yup, a bigger rsb and tires and you'll have an even bigger grin on your face .
Old 09-28-2006, 10:01 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by SuperHawk
Both wagons
Oh man.. I need to get a move on it. Well, I can't do anything till Oct as I have to either sell my car or receive a stock payout I am waiting for. Ugh.. Hope I don't miss out!
Old 10-04-2006, 01:42 PM
VIP Member

So what are people paying for '06s? I got an email back after stopping by at Carlsen offering an '07 (out of '06s) WRX Wagon Limited with NO options for $29.5k out the door. At that price, I will buy used. I got my '03 for $25k out the door with a few options and I know the '06s are a little more but crap.

So far Livermore looks like the price leader but I haven't checked many others. Do they suck or are they OK? Gonna do some searching..
Old 10-04-2006, 01:48 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
thats a lot for a wrx wagon IMO, I only paid 31kOTD for my evo IX
Old 10-04-2006, 02:11 PM

Car Info: I is not STiYLIN n e moar
my buddies '06 wagon spanks my '05 STi Wagons are siack with a few smart mods. He got a screamin deal on his limited, but I think he drove to AZ to pick it up. PM blinguskahn about what he paid, I am sure he will help ya out.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:19 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
Originally Posted by STiYLIN
my buddies '06 wagon spanks my '05 STi Wagons are siack with a few smart mods. He got a screamin deal on his limited, but I think he drove to AZ to pick it up. PM blinguskahn about what he paid, I am sure he will help ya out.

ughhhh..lets not get into 06 wrx vs STi debate
Old 10-04-2006, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by ucbsti
ughhhh..lets not get into 06 wrx vs STi debate
I wasn't trying to. Just saying you are not really steeping down to a wagon, they can be very potent for cheap (that's different for everyone). Seems like you were trying to fit that in there where it wasn't Just trying to offer him some advice.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:32 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Well I finally drove an '06 wagon today and I am sold. Gonna pull a few things off my coupe and put it for sale. The '06 is sweet, love the 2.5's low-end and the shifter/clutch action is much nicer. The whole car is flippin sweet. Little too much body roll, but that can be fixed and I think I am spoiled with my coupe.

if you want I will let you drive my wagon. It's a perfect example of the kind of change that can be made to the handling with just springs and a sedan rear sway bar.

I had more but it's off at the moment.

You can make wagons handle just fine. Key member to search....Lowball and BIGSKY can be found on clubwrx as well as here and nasioc. Both have good info on wagon handling.

IPOZESTU has an insanely good handling set up that is VERY streetable. It's actually very close to what I plan to do when I redo my set up...Only changes will be that I run front camber plates and different end links.

Spring.....Pink wagon spring, Swift, Crucial. I wouldn't really look anywhere else for a strait spring set up for a wagon.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:33 PM
VIP Member

I wasn't trying to. Just saying you are not really steeping down to a wagon, they can be very potent for cheap (that's different for everyone). Seems like you were trying to fit that in there where it wasn't Just trying to offer him some advice.
Dood.. I was kidding. I was making a "my 2001 RS is better than all" joke. I know the 2006 is a sweet car which is why I want to commit a healthy chunk of my income to one. I drove one the other day and it's several steps past my 2003 which was already pretty damn nice.

But now that I have decided what I want, it's time to get it as cheap as possible. I talked to the guy at Carlsen for a while and let him know where I was at and what I was looking for, no options, keep it cheap as possible etc. That's why I was surprised at $29.5k OTD. I want it closer to $25k just not sure if I can get the leather for that. I should be able to for an '06 tho...
Old 10-04-2006, 02:37 PM

Dood.. I was kidding. I was making a "my 2001 RS is better than all" joke. I know the 2006 is a sweet car which is why I want to commit a healthy chunk of my income to one. I drove one the other day and it's several steps past my 2003 which was already pretty damn nice.

But now that I have decided what I want, it's time to get it as cheap as possible. I talked to the guy at Carlsen for a while and let him know where I was at and what I was looking for, no options, keep it cheap as possible etc. That's why I was surprised at $29.5k OTD. I want it closer to $25k just not sure if I can get the leather for that. I should be able to for an '06 tho...
contact blinguskahn on the price. I can't swear buy it but I think he got his limited for about what you are looking to pay, question is do you have the weekend to drive it back from AZ?
Old 10-04-2006, 02:40 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
if you want I will let you drive my wagon. It's a perfect example of the kind of change that can be made to the handling with just springs and a sedan rear sway bar.

I had more but it's off at the moment.

You can make wagons handle just fine. Key member to search....Lowball and BIGSKY can be found on clubwrx as well as here and nasioc. Both have good info on wagon handling.

IPOZESTU has an insanely good handling set up that is VERY streetable. It's actually very close to what I plan to do when I redo my set up...Only changes will be that I run front camber plates and different end links.

Spring.....Pink wagon spring, Swift, Crucial. I wouldn't really look anywhere else for a strait spring set up for a wagon.
Nice - good info. I will go for springs, struts, RSB and endlinks f/r. I need to check out Jeffs car, haven't seen him in a while and I still owe him a beer. I think I can make the meet next week.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:42 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.

**** leather man.

If you want it that bad buy it in one of the nasioc group buys. You can get a full set up with butt heaters for like $750 or something like that. And you can get custom colors. The dealership is gonna charge you out the *** for leather. It's really not worth it unless you have money to burn.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:42 PM
VIP Member

contact blinguskahn on the price. I can't swear buy it but I think he got his limited for about what you are looking to pay, question is do you have the weekend to drive it back from AZ?
I will. My grandparents live in AZ and I need to visit them anyway... I just checked messenger and he's not on, so I will pm him.

Quick Reply: Thinking of stepping down to an '06 Wagon..