they're out to GET US! "WRX pilots"

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 08:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
Unhappy there out to GET US! "WRX pilots"

i just got my new Sports Compact car (November 2003).

im reading the article "the relentless pursuit of sleeperness" that features sleepers like a Lexus SC300 360hp!,1973 350Z 12.5 quarter mile, and a 1990 Hyundai Excel 225hp! that are making wicked power and looking stock as hell.

and at the beginning of each article they start by stating how this sleeper will blow those "WRX pilots" away.......WHAT THE..?

"it prowls late night los angeles looking to embarrass WRX pilots." "it even still wears its chromed Lexus wheel, which adds just the right amount of bling to sucker unassuming WRX pilots into street contests of speed."
edgar,
Old 09-28-2003, 08:07 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
street racers getting offended?

-Gagan
Old 09-28-2003, 08:32 PM
VIP Member

Malevolence: the quality of threatening evil ,wishing evil to others.

edgar,
Old 09-29-2003, 04:50 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
You forgot to mention the two WRX articles - one featuring a guy's car that can turn low-13's in the 1/4-mile while also being good for the road courses, all through a highly modified 4EAT. The second tech article described operation and test driving the new Praxis (sp?) air suspension system for the WRX. Interesting stories.

Street racing is a dangerous activity to drivers, passengers, and spectators alike. I've seen a person critically injured, never regained consciousness, and a child was thrown from the same car (survived).

Please don't let anyone provoke you into street racing. It's not a valid test of manhood. A real man doesn't put innocent lives at risk by street racing on public roads. That's why we have road course track days, autocrosses, and drag strips, where we can show our stuff safely, with professional timing equipment to provide the numbers.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 09-29-2003, 08:57 AM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
yeah, to SCC for writing isht like that.
Old 09-29-2003, 10:04 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
All this "WRX KIller" crap is lame anyhow. If you can build 10 second Mavericks who cares if you can beat a WRX in an SC or an Evo or whatever. You know what it is? Everyone knows the WRX is still the overall king for the complete package from your wallet to the tip of your antenna. You can let them work out their jealousy by ignoring it.

jason
Old 09-29-2003, 11:15 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
Originally posted by mmboost
All this "WRX KIller" crap is lame anyhow. If you can build 10 second Mavericks who cares if you can beat a WRX in an SC or an Evo or whatever. You know what it is? Everyone knows the WRX is still the overall king for the complete package from your wallet to the tip of your antenna. You can let them work out their jealousy by ignoring it.

jason
very well said Jason! props!

and so true!

-Ted
Old 09-29-2003, 11:58 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
there will always be a faster car on the street....some place...but unless you go looking for it it's highly unlikely you will encounter to many cars that beat even lightly modified low 13 second wrx's....
and on the track I prefer bracket racing...driver to driver rather than car to car.

as for street racing..it's excisted since cars were built and it will always exhist. Instead of trying to stop it and doing nothing else they should shift it to trying to make it safer and more available....more things like the wed. night drags. But either way it's always gonna be there....I don't go to the huge organized ones anymore....though I used too....last one I went to....my girlfriend had never been and wanted to....some guys got in a fight and one of them ran the other one open and broke his legs.....that was it for me. But bottom line is they can't be stopped....and they are just gonna get faster and faster and more and more dangerous as these pocket rockets get faster and faster....you can build sub 13 second cars for like $10k if you do the work yourself. There are freakin honda capable of 165mph on the road now and that's scary.

More legal drag tracks and more road courses...follow japan's route and many other countries of having great tracks available to the public for minimal amounts of money....
Old 09-29-2003, 08:18 PM

Car Info: '02 EJ25FXT Stage 2 "No Laggin' Wagon"
Agreed. There'll always be a faster car. There'll always be a slower one. But the old saying (and I'm paraphrasing here) from WWII and the fighter pilots of the day, " It has little to do with the airplane but the guy sitting in the crate (the pilot)."

BTW, I'm a pilot of a "sleeper" that comes equipped with a child's car seat in the back and trunk full of groceries. WRX Wagons... the king of all sleepers.

"King of No Blings"
Attached Thumbnails they're out to GET US! "WRX pilots"-topcover-rex-0202d.jpg  

Last edited by topcover; 09-29-2003 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-29-2003, 10:16 PM

Car Info: 2012 DGM STi Sedan
I don't want to hate on these cars because those people put a lot of time and money into their cars. However, it's funny to read these articles about these beaters (ie. Geo metro, colt, datsun, kia, hyundai excel) that make 200 plus HP. No offense to anyone here! You drive a car like that around town and people will not give you a second look no matter how fast it is. I mean imagine rolling to a club in a 300HP Kia. No one can give a crap about it. They see it and they laugh like who the hell fixes up a Kia. Only if a person is a true car enthusiast will a person appreciate a car along that lines. Another example is say you have a date with a hot chick. Pick her up in that car and its like uhhhh what is this garbage. Now you pick her up in a WRX and its like niiiiiiice car! HAHA! Just my 2 cents!
Old 09-29-2003, 11:35 PM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
you guys are missing the point.

The WRX is the car to beat, they are just writing that cause we are the performance standard. so that's like some weird perverse form of flattery!
Old 09-30-2003, 12:08 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
Originally posted by verc

The WRX is the car to beat, they are just writing that cause we are the performance standard. so that's like some weird perverse form of flattery!

Bingo
Old 09-30-2003, 12:53 PM
VIP Member

Originally posted by verc

I beg to differ......