Thanks for nothing Cobb

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 07:56 AM
Loves the Anime

Car Info: STWODUCES
Lol. I like how you guys are pointing out the fact that it's used and therefore it's not Cobbs fault. That thing is a welded piece of metal. It doesn't move. If it did you would see holes or bunch of other leaks. If it is hitting, most likely worn hangers. Get new ones. If it still hits it's clearly a minor defect. It's an aftermarket product, so you have to figure it's not going to match up like an oem like it came from subaru.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:15 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by mistaanime
i was never too fond of Cobb stuff besides the Accessport.
agreed. They dont make crap, I just think others make the parts better.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:02 AM

Car Info: Galaxy Blue 2015 WRX
Lol. I like how you guys are pointing out the fact that it's used and therefore it's not Cobbs fault. That thing is a welded piece of metal. It doesn't move. If it did you would see holes or bunch of other leaks. If it is hitting, most likely worn hangers. Get new ones. If it still hits it's clearly a minor defect. It's an aftermarket product, so you have to figure it's not going to match up like an oem like it came from subaru.
I think they are stating that there is a possibility it could be slightly bent from being used and abused. Possible accident or mishandled and dropped on a flange to cause it to not to fit properly.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:26 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Your lack of understanding how metallurgy, welding, and metal fatigue works, is sorely lacking my friend.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:22 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Overbear
Your lack of understanding how metallurgy, welding, and metal fatigue works, is sorely lacking my friend.

Oh Noes.... I agree with this guy.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:48 PM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
I kinda have to go with the: You bought it used, why would Cobb be very concerned about your situation? camp...

Cobb, just like any other manufacturer is concerned about their clients' experience.
If you didn't buy a product from them or one of their distributor's; you aren't a client.
Could the part be off... sure, could there by production variances in your car... sure.
Is it their problem:
Nope, because you aren't a client.

Welcome to the wonderful and exciting world of used parts.
Part of what you pay for with new parts, is the customer service if something goes wrong.

This is the same reason I like to buy parts from the same shop doing an install. It might cost a couple of bucks more, but if there's a problem, it's their problem

Last edited by Lowend; 03-10-2014 at 12:51 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:18 PM

Car Info: 06 WRB Wagon #wackfitmentsteex
Originally Posted by Overbear

Lulz for the double neg.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:35 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by Lowend
I kinda have to go with the: You bought it used, why would Cobb be very concerned about your situation? camp...

Cobb, just like any other manufacturer is concerned about their clients' experience.
If you didn't buy a product from them or one of their distributor's; you aren't a client.
Could the part be off... sure, could there by production variances in your car... sure.
Is it their problem:

Part of what you pay for with new parts, is the customer service if something goes wrong.

This is the same reason I like to buy parts from the same shop doing an install. It might cost a couple of bucks more, but if there's a problem, it's their problem
Pretty much, you get what you pay for. You pay more for extra service and you get it.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:37 PM

Car Info: 99 Swap'd GM6
On a side note, I've seen great fitment on Invidia exhaust. But my Perrin dual catted downpipe is... questionable, and required a Remflex gasket to get it to seal up properly with the exhaust.

In Perrin's defense, my exhaust was also used, so who knows.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:37 PM

Car Info: 99 Swap'd GM6
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Oh Noes.... I agree with this guy.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:17 PM

Car Info: '11 STI
loosen up everything then retighten them. my cobb dp fits perfectly
Old 03-10-2014, 04:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Arrow

Originally Posted by Lowend

Is it their problem:

QFT!

-Brian
Old 03-13-2014, 11:26 PM

Car Info: '14 Odyssey & '13 Prius
I helped a buddy install the Cobb dp...I liked the invidia dp had better.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:06 AM

Car Info: wrx 2012
i have to same issue with my invidia DP and just wrapped the area with heat wrap. You should be fine going this route.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:44 AM

Car Info: 2006 obp wrx limited sedan
Originally Posted by Prettym1k3
On a side note, I've seen great fitment on Invidia exhaust. But my Perrin dual catted downpipe is... questionable, and required a Remflex gasket to get it to seal up properly with the exhaust.

In Perrin's defense, my exhaust was also used, so who knows.
Im about to install my perrin single catted pipe. I think they made the perrin different lengths different years on the dual cat. I read some stuff when I was researching fitment. My helix catted dp fits purrrrrrfectly with my invidia catback but I wanted the perrin divorced so I hope it fits just as good. Im skeptical though the angle is different and I have a 4eat trans pan that might get in the way ((

Quick Reply: Thanks for nothing Cobb