Thanks for nothing Cobb

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 10:14 AM
Loves the Anime

Car Info: STWODUCES
Originally Posted by damianwrb07
I might try the heat wrap, just irritated that I spend good money on a "quality" downpipe and have rediculous issues
hah i know what you mean. just when you are expecting perfect you end up with ebay. if just return it. Like you mentioned, you spent good money on it. you SHOULD deserve quality. otherwise why spend the 3x amount over an ebay product. right?
Old 03-04-2014, 12:56 PM

Car Info: '14 Wrx Hatchback
Originally Posted by mistaanime
hah i know what you mean. just when you are expecting perfect you end up with ebay. if just return it. Like you mentioned, you spent good money on it. you SHOULD deserve quality. otherwise why spend the 3x amount over an ebay product. right?
Shoulda but didnta
Old 03-07-2014, 04:40 PM

Talked to Cobb again and they had no answer for me....again. I'm not too happy with the problems with this downpipe or the customer service from Cobb, could have bought a cheaper DP and saved my self some $$. Next time Perrin or Invidia will get my money
Old 03-07-2014, 09:57 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2010 swp WRX hatch
1. Check out the grimmspeed dp. Its bad ***.
2. Check out some tranny mount options. A stiffer trans mount means less wiggle...
Old 03-07-2014, 10:45 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
This freaked about cobb and you're talking about perrin and invidia. Lol.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:29 PM

Car Info: $2000 hawkeye
Originally Posted by sigma pi
i only had a muffler rub a bumper on me. I used kartboy hangers.
+1.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:08 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by norcalbro
1. Check out the grimmspeed dp. Its bad ***.
2. Check out some tranny mount options. A stiffer trans mount means less wiggle...

+1 on Grimmspeed. Every item of theirs I put on my car is spot on. Not the cheapest, but all that $$ goes into the design of a superior product.

If you're going to stick with the Cobb, a fix might be to take off that tranny mount bolt and see how the DP hangs w/o it. Determine how much additional space is needed to prevent the rattling, then have an exhaust shop cut and weld a piece of metal spacer-type thing for that mount so it stops rattling.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:33 PM

Car Info: 2015 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Are you 100% positive that it is for your car and not a 02-07 Wrx, could have shipped you the wrong one
Old 03-08-2014, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by silverbullet415
Are you 100% positive that it is for your car and not a 02-07 Wrx, could have shipped you the wrong one
Bought it from a member with an '11 wrx so I'm sure it's the correct one
Old 03-09-2014, 11:46 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Sorry but what does that prove? Did it work for them or did they have an issue as well?

I've found Cobb to be VERY reasonable with customer support. But it's difficult for a company to deal with every issue that comes up with a used part. Do you have a receipt? A confirmed history on the part... i.e. was the car it was on in an accident, did it ever fit right, etc. You need to understand that some of these parts get passed around like $2 hookers. Companies just can't be expected to fix all these kinds of issues. Sometimes they will sometimes they won't.

If you are having issues with fitment and can't figure out how to make it work then I suggest you stay the hell away from Perrin. They're notorious for poor fitment and poor customer service. Invidia... LOL! If you're looking for a new one... everything I've seen on the grimspeed is legit. That thing looks dope. It's probably the one I would personally get.

Try getting hangers or building a bracket. It usually doesn't take that much to get things like this to line up a little better. Heck my exhaust has a couple different length solid hangers on it to keep it from knocking around.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:19 PM

Car Info: 04 wagon
You could loosen all the bolts up in the exhaust system (uppipe, dp, stock exhaust) and try to realign the system some. There is a good amount of play through the whole system.

If you want a faster solution you could grind where its hitting at or hammer a dent into the piping to keep it from making contact. You could also torch the dp a little and bend it some with a pipe.

If you decide to replace it, I would go with a grimmspeed one also like others have mentioned. Ive had their catted and catless dp and they are quality. Their customer service is top notch also.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:04 PM

Car Info: 2011 Subaru WRX STI Sedan
Motor mounts and trans mounts are good? Had a similar issue on a GSX eclipse 10 or so years ago, that was my problem. Didn't notice how bad it was until I put a much larger DP on.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:22 PM

Car Info: 2013 wrx hatch
So this is somehow Cobb's fault when you bought it used from another person?(assuming it had no issues on his car, if it did then that's your problem buying used, if it didn't then it would be something to do with your car) I'm confused.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:10 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
This thread makes me love my Crucial Racing DP even more.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:22 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
I am going to have to go with "you bought it used, how the hell is it cobb's fault" here.

It sounds like somthing is off with your car dude. I have a cobb catted downpipe on the FXT and had ZERO problems with fit.

Quick Reply: Thanks for nothing Cobb