Tell us a secret you know because of your work that others might not know

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 11:31 AM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Originally Posted by code3suby
Rumor has it he listens to Harry Potter books on tape while racing.
Originally Posted by G_Ride
Rumor has it his face is actually a giant bowl of Phở....
Woah woah woahhh too many descriptive "rumors".

Rumor has it that he has is own revelation going on in today's society, started a movement called "Phoccupy"!!
Old 11-05-2011, 12:14 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Originally Posted by soggynoodles
Drink Bleach
Live forever!
I thought you had to mix bleach and ammonia.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:39 PM

Car Info: 1995 Subaru ImprezaL AWD
lol ive had this happen to me so many times i have actualy started to like this song
Old 11-05-2011, 12:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Limo drivers don't necisarily have any special training (class b only required for over 8 passengers).

Also:
•the partition in a limo is NOT sound proof
•you shake the entire vehicle when you **** in the back
•it is only hard to drive when you're drunk *** is yelling from he back trying to ask the driver if it is hard to drive
•yes, you actually are the most annoying group to rent the limo
Old 11-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Da Brit.

Car Info: http://tinyurl.com/3vo4362
so many secrets.. but so many NDA's signed. I've seen crazy things and they will all go to the grave with me.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:10 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by queeg9k
I thought you had to mix bleach and ammonia.
You are thinking chlorine

(yes this will kill you)
Old 11-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
when I was a tech at Marin Acura back in 97-98 we only had one giant 55gal barrel of Penzoil 10-30 because most of the manual honda trans took 10-30 and they were too cheap to buy more than one barrel. Your car doesnt take 10-30? too bad! Oh, and the NSX thats supposed to take synthetic? Sure it got synthetic, I mean we charged them 4X as much for the oil so it has to be synthetic right??

Oh and BTW, we had a different price we charged for "Transmission fluid" too, even though its the exact same 10-30 we pumped in the motor and charged as oil. I always thought it was just because Marin Acura was ghetto but since I quit and now have my own business where I go to several dealerships all over the bay Ive seen the same ****.

Never take your car to a dealership for ANYTHING unless its being covered under warranty. We had a car with a weird whining noise coming from the front of the motor, idiot tech thought it was the AC compressor and replaced it. TWICE. Only to find out it was the bearing in the idler going out. So 2 perfectly good AC compressors got billed out and junked because delaership techs dont know how to diagnose for ****, who cares, its warranty, just bill to Acura right? well when its not under warranty they bill it to YOU! Seriously, we had a whole shipping container in the back where we stored all of the parts that were replaced under warranty, I'll estimate 90% of them were fine and just replaced out of trail/error and after the 90 days we had to keep them in case headquarters wanted to claim them, they got thrown in the trash. Literally THOUSANDS of dollars of good parts every month get thrown out at every dealership in the US, and you wonder why so many foreign manufacturers are reluctant to bring the cool cars over to the US, the dealerships here eat up all the profit margin with BS warranty claims!

Long story short, go here before you pay for anything from the dealership. https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-ar...ere%2A-229928/

And oh yeah, that $800 "paint sealant" they sell you when you buy a new car is just a hand wax job that their detailer squirts out of a big jug. costs them prob .25 cents and whatever they pay their detailer for an hour of time, so prob $10.25 total for them for a hand wax job you can get ant any decent detailer (with better wax!) for around $60 bucks. Talk about a cash cow!

Last edited by Krinkov; 11-05-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:22 PM

Car Info: Honda with a wing =P
I've heard things that make me gag when I pass by a certain bbq spot on San Tomas/El Camino.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:35 PM

Car Info: 2011 Subaru WRX Limited 4 door
Never Buy Monster Cables... They are no better than Radio Shack stuff...

People who buy high priced HDMI cables make me laugh... They are digital cables... There is zero difference
Old 11-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by Presharized
Never Buy Monster Cables... They are no better than Radio Shack stuff...

People who buy high priced HDMI cables make me laugh... They are digital cables... There is zero difference
hel yeah, Monster Cable is pretty much a synonym for rip off at this point
Old 11-05-2011, 02:49 PM

Car Info: 90 325is
Originally Posted by Krinkov
hel yeah, Monster Cable is pretty much a synonym for rip off at this point
i use monster cables exclusively for my guitar rig. they are built much nicer than any of the other ones and can be returned at any guitar center no questions asked. it shorted out? heres a new one. you cut it half with scissors? heres a new one.

but yah my neighbor got bummed when i loled at his $80 hdmi cable. you know all thats going through there is 1's and 0's right? haha
Old 11-05-2011, 02:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by code3suby
One secret I've learned from my job is, no matter what you look like on the outside..... everyone looks the same on the inside
I can attest to this one.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:06 PM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
I am the STIG.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Da Brit.

Car Info: http://tinyurl.com/3vo4362
Originally Posted by $hane
i use monster cables exclusively for my guitar rig. they are built much nicer than any of the other ones and can be returned at any guitar center no questions asked. it shorted out? heres a new one. you cut it half with scissors? heres a new one.

but yah my neighbor got bummed when i loled at his $80 hdmi cable. you know all thats going through there is 1's and 0's right? haha
any difference between cat1 HDMI and cat2 HDMI? supposedly cat2 is required for the higher speeds of 3d. Not sure if there is a difference in hardware though.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:15 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
Originally Posted by sammae01
I've heard things that make me gag when I pass by a certain bbq spot on San Tomas/El Camino.
What have you heard?

That's Andy's, isn't it?

Quick Reply: Tell us a secret you know because of your work that others might not know