Tell us a secret you know because of your work that others might not know

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 12:46 PM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Tell us a secret you know because of your work that others might not know

I actually learned a LOT of interesting and eye opening things in the huge nasioc thread.

And I am bored as hell at work right now. Since most of us are from the same area it should be more interesting...
Old 11-03-2011, 12:59 PM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
I would tell you but then it would not be a secret now would it///
Old 11-03-2011, 01:10 PM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
I'll start. Sometimes the organic ground beef at Whole Foods might not be organic, which is SUPER ****ed up for the people that swear by organic meats only or it is part of their religious views.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:14 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
To stop getting junk mail: Take a piece of junk mail you don't want to get anymore, tape it to phone book or something. Write return to sender on it and boom they pay the return postage. We do bulk mailings and if something gets sent back to us like that we tell our client we can no longer send stuff to that person.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Loose lips sink ships... or something like that.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:28 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Ryball likes whale *****
Old 11-03-2011, 01:30 PM

Car Info: 2002 BRP 2.5RS
Originally Posted by NorCalDC5
I'll start. Sometimes the organic ground beef at Whole Foods might not be organic, which is SUPER ****ed up for the people that swear by organic meats only or it is part of their religious views.
THIS^^^

I work for a local farm that is seasonally commercial as well. It's run by a branch of my family and I know we're legit but I am blown away by the S*** some places get away with.

I personally don't care if it's commercial or organic. Quite frankly I've dealt with certified "organic" sprays that are more harmful than one would think. So those that are all high and mighty about only "organic" are absolute morons who know nothing about what they spew to the untrained masses.

What happens before produce gets to places like whole foods and other hippie friendly stores would leave them in awe.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Ryball likes whale *****
Who doesn't? Am I right ladies?!
Old 11-03-2011, 01:33 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Its not hard to get an "organic" label. Organic doesn't always mean 100% organic and it doesn't always mean healthier.

My secret... its secret.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:33 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Bank of America pays the least amount at entry level.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:34 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by burnyou2
THIS^^^

I work for a local farm that is seasonally commercial as well. It's run by a branch of my family and I know we're legit but I am blown away by the S*** some places get away with.

I personally don't care if it's commercial or organic. Quite frankly I've dealt with certified "organic" sprays that are more harmful than one would think. So those that are all high and mighty about only "organic" are absolute morons who know nothing about what they spew to the untrained masses.

What happens before produce gets to places like whole foods and other hippie friendly stores would leave them in awe.
Only way to know if its truely organic is if you watch it from start to finish haha...hard to do for mostly anything unless you grow it yourself...
Old 11-03-2011, 01:41 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi
The board members get a laptop and printer and usually a wireless router when they get voted into position. The tech department sets all this up at their house and sometimes has to network other home computer to this network.

we never get the hardware back when they leave.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by slugrx
Only way to know if its truely organic is if you watch it from start to finish haha...hard to do for mostly anything unless you grow it yourself...
That's why I'm so grateful for being able to grow my own food, raise my pork/chicken/venison and have neighbors that do the beef I hope to someday teach my future kids how to do the same.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:51 PM

Car Info: 90 325is
not really a secret but defense contractors seem to have no budget even for the smallest parts.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:54 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
All corporate level security and privacy practices are essentially meaningless because of the proliferation of large USB mass storage.

The only organization that I have encountered that has a grip on information outlfow is the FBI. Everyone else; your bank, your insurance company, your healthcare provider, fails to practice what they preach when it comes to protecting both your data and theirs.

Quick Reply: Tell us a secret you know because of your work that others might not know