talk about ****ty luck

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 12:28 AM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
to debate against some guy on the internet? ha
Old 12-05-2008, 12:30 AM

i actually did read both btw haha and

After THC administration, subjects drove significantly slower than in the control condition
haha whats so bad about driving slower?
Old 12-05-2008, 12:34 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Here's a third peer reviewed journal article that doesn't talk about driving stoned vs. drunk, or talk about driving at all, but its a funny one to read for those of you that think there is no downside to smoking weed.

Cannabis, commonly known as marijuana, is the most frequently used illicit drug in Australia. Therefore, oral health care providers are likely to encounter patients who are regular users. An upward trend in cannabis use is occurring in Australia, with 40 per cent of the population aged 14 and above having used the drug. There are three main forms of cannabis: marijuana, hash and hash oil, all of which contain the main psychoactive constituent delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Cannabis is most commonly smoked, however it can be added to foods. THC from cannabis enters the bloodstream and exerts its effects on the body via interaction with endogenous receptors. Cannabis affects almost every system of the body, particularly the cardiovascular, respiratory and immune systems. It also has acute and chronic effects on the mental health of some users. Therefore, chronic abuse is a concern because of its negative effects on general physical and mental health. Cannabis abusers generally have poorer oral health than non-users, with an increased risk of dental caries and periodontal diseases. Cannabis smoke acts as a carcinogen and is associated with dysplastic changes and pre-malignant lesions within the oral mucosa. Users are also prone to oral infections, possibly due to the immunosuppressive effects. Dental treatment on patients intoxicated on cannabis can result in the patient experiencing acute anxiety, dysphoria and psychotic-like paranoiac thoughts. The use of local anaesthetic containing epinephrine may seriously prolong tachycardia already induced by an acute dose of cannabis. Oral health care providers should be aware of the diverse adverse effects of cannabis on general and oral health and incorporate questions about patients' patterns of use in the medical history.
Cho, C M, R Hirsch, and S Johnstone. "General and oral health implications of cannabis use." Australian Dental Journal 50.2 (June 2005): 70-74. MEDLINE. EBSCO. [Library name], [City], [State abbreviation]. 5 Dec. 2008 <http://search.ebscohost.com.libproxy.mpc.edu/login.aspx?direct=true&db=cmedm&AN=16050084&site=e host-live>.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:38 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by slugrx
i actually did read both btw haha and

haha whats so bad about driving slower?
Way to take one sentence out of context and try to make a point out of it.

Honestly, I love to debate things, hence why I pulled up the peer reviewed sources rather than spouting off what logically makes sense in my head but is based on nothing more than my own ideas and biases.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:40 AM

it was a joke
Old 12-05-2008, 12:45 AM
VIP Member

and for anyone else that wishes to take what I said earlier about not associating with the types of people with illicit drugs...

True, stereotypes are not 100% true. However there is truth behind them. What I meant was, your typical lazy, apathetic, "the government is watching us maaaaaan" paranoid stoner is not the kind of person I'd willingly associate with. Nor would I care to associate with the user of a harder drug. It's not that drug use is a qualifier I use to determine friends, it's just that type of person I find rather annoying and doesn't make a good friend in the long run. Obviously the three guys in the car cared more about themselves because none of them took the blame, causing ALL of them to be fined. Thats a great friend right there. Make up whatever generalized "facts" you want about ANY kind of drug use in this thread, but THAT is the only proof really needed.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:00 AM

Car Info: 2015 SWP WRX
lol at you two going at it.
Just face it, both are not the greatest things to be doing with you life but people do them BOTH. Get over it. Apparently the OP doesn't care enough to keep arguing the fact of the matter.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:05 AM

haha with weed vs alcohol its pick your poison

weed is the only thing that cures hangovers for me haaa
Old 12-05-2008, 01:10 AM

Car Info: 04 java black pearl sti/06 honda ruckus
True that, I could really care less, it's a 100 dollar fine, big deal lmao
Old 12-05-2008, 01:14 AM

Car Info: 2015 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by slugrx
haha with weed vs alcohol its pick your poison

weed is the only thing that cures hangovers for me haaa
same here. For some people its the opposite though. When they wake up, they slam a beer. Im not like that.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:07 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
True, stereotypes are not 100% true. However there is truth behind them. What I meant was, your typical lazy, apathetic, "the government is watching us maaaaaan" paranoid stoner is not the kind of person I'd willingly associate with.
Sounds like everything you know about pot you read in articles or watched in movies?

"Can't we all just have a bong?", sorry, I meant "Can't we all just get along?"
Old 12-05-2008, 09:09 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
weed is cool!
Old 12-05-2008, 09:12 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Old 12-05-2008, 01:58 PM

Car Info: sc300
its not that you have bad luck.. you are just breaking laws and officers are doing their job.. heh
Old 12-05-2008, 01:59 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by soggynoodles
owned

Quick Reply: talk about ****ty luck