Taiwan rocks (iPod shuffle clone introduced)

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 11:44 AM

Car Info: 2004 Black WRX wagon
Originally Posted by Group B
what exactly are you trying to say Cal?

I don't know if you understand what I'm saying, but if I didn't make myself clear enough, I sure hope that the U.S. leaves Taiwan alone to fend itself from Communist China, if Taiwan is going to allow its companies to blatantly plagiarize our countries' products.

See, Taiwan exists mainly because of our support for them (and our hatred for Communist China), and without that, well I guess it would just become a province again, huh!

Negative comments used against your country huh, my people (Jews) were slaves long before blacks came here from Africa, you have a lot to learn on that subject, so get used to it.

"Your country" cannot have its cake and eat it too...
true. Taiwan is protected by the US. but we are a capitalistic country and so is Taiwan. When it comes to making competitive products... that's all Asian countries do. It sucks, but people are ripping off products all the time.

my people... i wonder if we are still of a "people". i'm sure we've been living in the states for a while and as have our parents. In what way do events happening in the homeland actually effect us a great deal? Do we care about the elections going on there? just to ponder.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:16 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.

I don't know if you understand what I'm saying, but if I didn't make myself clear enough, I sure hope that the U.S. leaves Taiwan alone to fend itself from Communist China, if Taiwan is going to allow its companies to blatantly plagiarize our countries' products.

See, Taiwan exists mainly because of our support for them (and our hatred for Communist China), and without that, well I guess it would just become a province again, huh!

Negative comments used against your country huh, my people (Jews) were slaves long before blacks came here from Africa, you have a lot to learn on that subject, so get used to it.

I'm reading an interesting book right now....called "The Plot Against America". interesting what if view in relations to antisemitism in the US around the time of world war two. Very slow book though.

I'll be going back to my W.E.B. griffin stuff after I'm done. And Michael Connolly. haa.

I got nothing to say on the topic of ripping other companies off besides that fact I think it's crap. Especially when it comes to apple. I happen to like aplie. I'm tying on an apple keyboard attached to an apple G5...strangely enough using a microsoft mouse...about the only thing by them that's any good.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:30 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Reunions

edit...wtf? messed that one up.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:16 PM
banned

Taiwan rocks??

maybe if the US told Taiwan that we will throw them to the wolves (i.e. China), maybe they wouldn't rip-off our products!

hahaha
apple has done its share of rip-offs also. lots of companies have. whats the best form of flattery? imitation. i'm not trying justify the actions of the taiwan-based company or anything. im just trying to add some more perspective.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:36 PM

Car Info: N/A
I don't know why people complain when an idea gets ripped off and then repackaged and sold for less. It has been and always will be that way. Besides do you honestly believe Apple's prices for the Shuffle are justifiable? Here you are arguing about a Coporation that could care less about you (the consumer) while they rape you in the *** on cost and sell you an over priced outdated piece of junk.

And before you start calling the kettle black Israel could of just as well been an extension of Jordan, Eygpt, Palestine, Syria, Lebanon well hell just take your pick from any neighboring country if it wasn't for AMERICAN intervention.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Evolution VIII

Did I say anything against the Jews? No thank you very much. Was that the subject that we were discussing against Jews? No thank you very much.

We sure are having its cake and eating it. Thank you

Just about everything that's on your car right now are made in Taiwan, so get used to it.
Old 03-15-2005, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by 1fastGC
Did I say anything against the Jews? No thank you very much. Was that the subject that we were discussing against Jews? No thank you very much.

We sure are having its cake and eating it. Thank you

Just about everything that's on your car right now are made in Taiwan, so get used to it.

that's an exaggeration right? you know that Taiwan does not manufacture a lot of car parts. Cheap stuff is mostly made in China. i wouldn't be suprised if that super-shuffle thing was made in China... it's just a Taiwanese company.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:34 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Evolution VIII
Originally Posted by escaflowne
that's an exaggeration right? you know that Taiwan does not manufacture a lot of car parts. Cheap stuff is mostly made in China. i wouldn't be suprised if that super-shuffle thing was made in China... it's just a Taiwanese company.

Taiwan does manufacture a lot of car parts whether its oem or aftermarket. I have been to some of the factories over there.

Yeah I might exaggerated a little bit about "just about everythihg" part,

haha and you are right, cheap stuff are indeed made in China by tw backed companies these days..
Old 03-15-2005, 03:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: the blue bucket
Does that make them Chiwanese?
Old 03-15-2005, 03:12 PM
VIP Member

Oh and to coin a phrase by a world famous rally driver

Here is a picture of a bunny with a pancake on it's head...

Old 03-15-2005, 07:36 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
Originally Posted by gh0st shad0w
And before you start calling the kettle black Israel could of just as well been an extension of Jordan, Eygpt, Palestine, Syria, Lebanon well hell just take your pick from any neighboring country if it wasn't for AMERICAN intervention.
umm yeah it's nice to know that Israel is only WAY more important to the US than Taiwan, which is why we won't find ourselves in that bind!

oh and with no US help, the newly formed nation of Israel fought-off the Syrians, Trans-Jordanians, Egyptians, etc.

There is no such thing as a Palestinian, and the Lebanese are puppets of the Syrians.

do you always lose this bad at foreign relations???
Old 03-15-2005, 08:17 PM

Car Info: N/A
umm yeah it's nice to know that Israel is only WAY more important to the US than Taiwan, which is why we won't find ourselves in that bind!

oh and with no US help, the newly formed nation of Israel fought-off the Syrians, Trans-Jordanians, Egyptians, etc.

There is no such thing as a Palestinian, and the Lebanese are puppets of the Syrians.

do you always lose this bad at foreign relations???
Newly formed nation right? Who helped them get their feet on the ground and protected them for years? And what is your point that Israel is more important than Taiwan? If you honestly feel that way maybe your the one who needs the history lesson of your people, slavery and racism.

do you always not think before you speak?
Old 03-15-2005, 09:39 PM

im not usually arudous about this kinda stuff, but i'm with ghost shadow. how can you weigh a country as more important than another when their influences and impacts are on completely different spectrums.. economically.. what has Israel done?

anyways.. both Israel and Taiwan are on good terms with America and in many ways it's win win. they get their economic and military privledges.. and we get to spread ourselves out in the map.
Old 03-15-2005, 10:18 PM
VIP Member

Seems to me that the History that is taught here is through the media as most of the above is a complete load of bollocks.
Old 03-15-2005, 10:23 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
Originally Posted by UK n00b
Seems to me that the History that is taught here is through the media as most of the above is a complete load of bollocks.
start a thread about it in the Politics Forum then

Quick Reply: Taiwan rocks (iPod shuffle clone introduced)