SUV tax break... WTF

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 10:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02
Originally posted by BADWRX
Well no isht...shouldn't the people that pay more get a bigger break?

Get over the, "It's not fair" factor. I am not rich, and I know that I don't deserve a big tax break...I don't pay enough!
Nope....not when the sole benefit of this tax cut, under the guise of "economic stimulation" goes staright into the pocket of some rich jerk off.
Old 01-22-2003, 11:15 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally posted by BADWRX
Well no isht...shouldn't the people that pay more get a bigger break?

Get over the, "It's not fair" factor. I am not rich, and I know that I don't deserve a big tax break...I don't pay enough!
Some huge SUV is what we are talking about here... screw that ****. **** these american companies who make these huge POS death on wheels.

Now, you want to make a cut for like, homes, over, lets say, $800,000. That, i'm for. makes sense, espcally in our area. but some stupid giant SUV, nah...

you want to make a tax break, even percentage, i'm cool with that. if it applies to all people, then i'm for it. But non of his tax breaks apply to everyone. It's such BS that he tries so hard to make more money for the rich... and for corporations.

-Gagan
Old 01-23-2003, 12:19 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally posted by skywalker
So I was thinking I could go buy a massive SUV at an outrageuos price, then right it off in taxes next year. After I get my money from the good old goverment, then sell the SUV and do the whole process again, making myself 50K a year to live on. No work for me.
interesting

-Gagan
Old 01-23-2003, 09:04 AM

Car Info: 2016 Red WRX
damnit. my dream SUV is 500 lbs shy of 6000 lbs. guess i'll haveta order 500 lbs of stereo/video equipment!

http://www.mbusa.com/brand/container...&modelCode=G55
Old 01-23-2003, 09:58 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
Originally posted by skywalker
So I was thinking I could go buy a massive SUV at an outrageuos price, then right it off in taxes next year. After I get my money from the good old goverment, then sell the SUV and do the whole process again, making myself 50K a year to live on. No work for me.
That was my point in the earlier post. On Tuesday night I was having a beer with one of our tax consultants and he is doing just that. He is incorporating, financing an SUV, expensing it in the current year, selling the following year and repeating the process making a gain each year. He then dividends the gain back to himself and reduces his marginal tax rate significantly. Oh yeah, he doesn't even like driving the big trucks - his daily driver is a six speed 540.

So...the intent of this law was to give small businesses in need of large vehicles a break. I am a huge proponent of the intent. However, the effect is to incent intelligent people to buy things they neither want or need, just to be sold in the secondary market...