SUV tax break... WTF

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 06:17 AM

Car Info: 2017 WRB WRX Premium
I don't think it is the DUMBEST idea Mr. Bush has EVER came up with. He does want to go to Iraq and start a war. That CAN rank up in the top of his Brilliant ideas.

Looks like Chris and Bill are gonna be rollin out in Esco's on Dubs.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)
Old 01-22-2003, 09:48 AM
This Guy Can Hella Draw!

Car Info: '14 MBP FXT | '03 WW Evo VIII
I am going to switch careers and go into the business of making Bling Bling rap videos. H2 (heck, make it an H1!), Lincoln Nav, Caddy Escalade!
Old 01-22-2003, 09:59 AM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
haha wait till BAN SUVS sees this!!!
Old 01-22-2003, 01:11 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
Re: SUV tax break... WTF

Originally posted by skywalker
Anyway this has got to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard thought of by our president.
Nope - he's done plenty of other stupid things. One of which is undoing the clean air requirements for power plants. Evidently paying and extra 75 cents or so every month for electricity is too much to ask of our financially strapped population even though they will likely spend thousands a year to keep programs like medicare afloat that are treating people with bronchial disease caused by pollution.

I was at a bar last night with some tax consultants. One of them has incorporated himself. He financed a Cadillac SUV for five years at a low rate, and is taking the expense this year on his taxes. He claims that his tax rate has been cut in half - this from a guy who probably knocks down 200 large a year.
Old 01-22-2003, 02:21 PM

Car Info: 09 E90 M3 SEDAN w/DCT
Geeze, you can sure tell that we are in the Bay Area...everybody is crying about the stupid environment! Ha! Most of you guys have never been to China, or Thailand, or even Japan for that matter. Our air is crystal clear. I will never give 2 ishts about the environment (Aside from dumping chemicals in the rivers and such), until the rest of the world cares too.

In that isht hole called China, if you wear a white shirt outside, it is yellow in a matter of minutes. Now, with them dumping particulates into the atmosphere at that rate, and racking up the business, I think it only fair to relieve some of the BS Green party crap that holds back our business on a global scale.

That said, I am not for the gas guzzling SUV's. They make the roads dangerous for you and me. Some dumb tiny ibtch driving a 8,000 pound monster and talking on the cellphone while she beats her brats. It is outta hand.

Oh, and I CAN'T WAIT TO GO TO WAR WITH IRAQ! GAS IS TOO EXPENSIVE! DO YOU ENJOY PAYING 2 BUCKS A GALLON FOR PREMIUM? I DON'T...KILL THEM ALL! I think it is for the best thing that Bush has done for the small man!

^^^That is for you peace knicks^^^

Last edited by BADWRX; 01-22-2003 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-22-2003, 03:29 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
Originally posted by BADWRX
Geeze, you can sure tell that we are in the Bay Area...everybody is crying about the stupid environment! Ha! Most of you guys have never been to China, or Thailand, or even Japan for that matter. Our air is crystal clear. I will never give 2 ishts about the environment (Aside from dumping chemicals in the rivers and such), until the rest of the world cares too.
And what the hell does that have to do with my tax dollars subsidizing certain vehicles? I paid over 50 grand in Federal taxes last year (a good problem to have) and I resent the fact that that MY money is being used to subsidize Senseless Urban Vehicles.
Yes, I care about the environment but that is a completely seperate issue. Government is subsidizing certain vehicles and people who would not otherwise buy such a vehicle are doing so for tax reasons. This upsets me. I have no problem with someone driving whatever vehicle they choose, I do have a problem paying for their choice.

And BTW, $2 for a gallon of fuel is dirt cheap compared to almost anywhere else in the world.

Last edited by BlingBlingBlue; 01-22-2003 at 03:33 PM.
Old 01-22-2003, 03:53 PM

I know this dude...I am probably more well traveled than most anybody else on the boards.

And yes...I absolutely agree with you on the SUV tax break. It is BS.

I just don't like people throwing there stupid environmental jabs all the time.
Old 01-22-2003, 04:56 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Kill them all?

I may not want to rush into a war with Iraq, but **** man, that was not cool.

-Gagan
Old 01-22-2003, 05:45 PM

they already offer taxbreaks on cars 6000lb plus don't they?

like the new h2, i read somewhere people are getting them for around 38k after the taxbreak. That number seems way too low to me though.
Old 01-22-2003, 09:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02
Originally posted by BADWRX

In that isht hole called China, if you wear a white shirt outside, it is yellow in a matter of minutes. Now, with them dumping particulates into the atmosphere at that rate, and racking up the business, I think it only fair to relieve some of the BS Green party crap that holds back our business on a global scale.
The United States with roughly 300,000,000 people, emits about 5,000,000,000 tons of CO2 per year, so per capita 16.7 tons/yr. Compared to China at 1,300,000,000 people and 2,400,000,000 tons CO2/yr...per capita 1.85 tons/yr. Just for comparison UK 10 tons/person/yr, France 6tons/person/yr

WOOHOO no need for us to be concerned about polution. Granted those numbers are only for CO2, could be a whole different story for sulfur/nitrogen/etc. compunds, but I doubt it. We defineately are better about not dumping solvents into the rivers and such. It's simply dumb logic to say that we shouldn't care about the environment because someone else doesn't. Luckily other countries don't see it the same way as you (or the US Govt) and are trying to reduce their emissions.

Last edited by Slack; 01-22-2003 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-22-2003, 10:11 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

disclosure: republican and SUV owner...

okay, i se 2 things into this.

1. stimulate economy by buying big ticket items. with tax breaks, more $$$ into pockets of consumers.

2. buy AMERICAN. afte all, how many american vehicles are above $40 grand. $50 grand and above? so that leaves SUVs.

But the language regarding vehicles limits the tax benefit to those with a gross vehicle weight rating of 6,000 pounds or more. That means full-size SUVs and pickups.
you can buy smaller SUVs like the RAV4, CR-V, etc, but those are the lower priced ones.
Old 01-22-2003, 10:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02
Problem is it is going to put money into the hands of people who already have too much money to begin with. In the end it will in no way effect the average american. It's just like the stupid idea of doing away with dividend tax, sure there are a crap load of americans who get dividends, but 100000x more money goes to the few at the top than to the people at the bottom. For my "most smartest" comment in this thread, Bush is dumb.
Old 01-22-2003, 10:41 PM

Well no isht...shouldn't the people that pay more get a bigger break?

Get over the, "It's not fair" factor. I am not rich, and I know that I don't deserve a big tax break...I don't pay enough!

Quick Reply: SUV tax break... WTF