Summer tires up in tahoe?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 03:11 PM

Car Info: 06 STI
Originally Posted by Fendyman
Isn't All-Season tires = Mud and Snow (M+S) tires?
My all seasons didn't look like this
Old 02-08-2010, 03:58 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by wrx4memp
wow... so many saints in here...

don't act like you have never gone up there with summer tires... lol...

i know i have... and i didn't break anything on my car or die... im not saying its a good idea... but i am telling you that its not as do or die as its being posted about...
+1

Don't listen to the armchair snowplowers. Drive well, you will do fine with those tires, as long as it's got good, deep tread on it.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:10 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX
i went up right after the big storm a few weekends ago with my hankook ventus RS2s and i was fine for the most part. Kept it at about 20-25 on the freeway but this was while it was still snowing. I did get stuck in my driveway up there cuz overnight it had snowed a couple of inches so i used my chains to get out of the driveway and out of the immediate surrounding neighborhood that isn't plowed as much as main roads. Other than that everything was fine and it gives you a little bit of fun snow drift (uncontrollable slide) on some corners.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:25 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
If some douchebag with summer tires ever runs into me in the snow, I'm going to sue the hell out of them.
That is all.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by BlingBlingBlue
If some douchebag with summer tires ever runs into me in the snow, I'm going to sue the hell out of them.
That is all.
chances are it's going to be some douchebag on snow/M+S tires who think he's Collin McRae.

or Powder Junkie Jake who thinks just because he's got 4WD in his lifted truck he's good to go.

Last edited by joltdudeuc; 02-08-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:26 PM

Car Info: 2016 CWP WRX
^ sort of right.

mostly the SUV dude/b*tch is the problem. I still lol when an escalade or something GM goes by on 22's in the snow.......

we can beat this to death, but the bottom line is - if you take a chance with summer tires in snow/ice you are lucky if you dont hit something or someone. no matter how good you are at driving.

josh
Old 02-08-2010, 05:59 PM

Car Info: himself insane!
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
chances are it's going to be some douchebag on snow/M+S tires who think he's Collin McRae.

or Powder Junkie Jake who thinks just because he's got 4WD in his lifted truck he's good to go.
+1

also i have never seen a fellow subby hauling *** in bad snow weather... its always some lifted truck...

neither allseasons nor mud and snow tires will not help you with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CySmFGxU6Bk

STUDDED WHEELS FTW!

Originally Posted by BlingBlingBlue
That is all.
don't know about you but would go after anyone that hits my vehicle... regardless of what tire he has on his car...

but i will point out something... if the douchebag you are referring to has no $ for snow rubber what in the world are you gonna sue him for... im speaking from experience... some retard was starring into f-ing space ran a red light and t-boned my work truck that flipped a few times down the road... and you know what i got for it... ? crap...! her insurance only covers $5000 the rest of it is tough **** that's all the insurance she had... no lawyer wants to touch this to get me the $ to cover the total loss... because he will never collect anything from someone that has nothing...

Last edited by wrx4memp; 02-08-2010 at 06:12 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:56 PM

Car Info: 2011 Impreza 2.5i Dark Gray Metallic
Originally Posted by antonch
My all seasons didn't look like this
That looks like Bridgestone Blizzak WS-50 which IS snow tire.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:34 PM

Car Info: 06 WRB
Originally Posted by wrx4memp
+1

also i have never seen a fellow subby hauling *** in bad snow weather... its always some lifted truck...

neither allseasons nor mud and snow tires will not help you with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CySmFGxU6Bk

STUDDED WHEELS FTW!

don't know about you but would go after anyone that hits my vehicle... regardless of what tire he has on his car...

but i will point out something... if the douchebag you are referring to has no $ for snow rubber what in the world are you gonna sue him for... im speaking from experience... some retard was starring into f-ing space ran a red light and t-boned my work truck that flipped a few times down the road... and you know what i got for it... ? crap...! her insurance only covers $5000 the rest of it is tough **** that's all the insurance she had... no lawyer wants to touch this to get me the $ to cover the total loss... because he will never collect anything from someone that has nothing...
Lmao holly crap that first car looked like it was playing pinball.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:14 AM

Car Info: 06 STI
Originally Posted by Fendyman
That looks like Bridgestone Blizzak WS-50 which IS snow tire.
Sorry didn't know. Maybe that's why I loved them so much better than just a plain all season.