Subway charges for toasting?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Always remember that when you buy food at the mall you'll probably get charged more... Franchises that operate in malls do this all the time... Like McDonalds charges $1.29 for a CHEESEBURGER at Vally Fair mall, whereas it would cost around $.79 if you were to buy it at a regular McDonalds... Panda Express charges an extra dollar for each of their combo plates at the same mall, and Subway will charge you tax on cold sandwiches (as well as toasting, which I dont even like cuz it dries out the sandwich)
Old 06-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
^ I honestly dont like Quiznos
When you have a spare minute, go look at the nutritional facts on their large sandwiches, and make a note to look at how much fat/calories/salt the large tuna melt has!!! It will blow your mind and you'll never eat there again. Quiznos is expensive, SUPER BAD for you, and the bread to meat ratio sucks.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:43 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by brucelee
When you have a spare minute, go look at the nutritional facts on their large sandwiches, and make a note to look at how much fat/calories/salt the large tuna melt has!!! It will blow your mind and you'll never eat there again. Quiznos is expensive, SUPER BAD for you, and the bread to meat ratio sucks.
^^^^
THIS!!!!

Quizno's subs are terribly unhealthy. Subway doesn't taste nearly as good, but some of their menu is fairly healthy.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:50 PM

Car Info: Smokin' Joe
when i was in italy i was charged for ketchup at mcdonalds. haha
Old 06-05-2010, 03:06 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Why would you go to McDonalds when you're in Italy???????
Old 06-05-2010, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Why would you go to McDonalds when you're in Italy???????
hahah its a little different out there.. its always cool to see what other countries have in their mcdonalds. plus it was right next to the train station and we didnt get a chance to eat breakfast as we were late for a train.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by papakiet
hahah its a little different out there.. its always cool to see what other countries have in their mcdonalds. plus it was right next to the train station and we didnt get a chance to eat breakfast as we were late for a train.
every time I go to a different country I swing by the mcdonalds to see what the have there. Even though I havent gone to a mcdonalds here in the US in probably the last 15 years
Old 06-05-2010, 03:42 PM

Car Info: WRX
So true. Fast food is different. Much better usually. Kinda like German Ford vs. American Ford.

But ya, if you go shopping there, make sure to bring your own bags to. They charge for plastic bags by law.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by D. Fantom
But ya, if you go shopping there, make sure to bring your own bags to. They charge for plastic bags by law.
aren't they going to start charging for plastic bags here soon?
Old 06-05-2010, 04:09 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Ike's Place in SF.

/Thread
Old 06-05-2010, 09:04 PM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
Originally Posted by brucelee
Always remember that when you buy food at the mall you'll probably get charged more... Franchises that operate in malls do this all the time... Like McDonalds charges $1.29 for a CHEESEBURGER at Vally Fair mall, whereas it would cost around $.79 if you were to buy it at a regular McDonalds... Panda Express charges an extra dollar for each of their combo plates at the same mall, and Subway will charge you tax on cold sandwiches (as well as toasting, which I dont even like cuz it dries out the sandwich)
Sounds like how in the states you guys get $5 ft longs but over here in Okinawa on any of the bases the ft longs end up being about $7 for one thats basic. That's some real BS too.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:11 PM

Car Info: WRX
aren't they going to start charging for plastic bags here soon?
I wouldn't be surprised. But probably not.

Or look to Costco. They reuse product boxes as "bags" :thumb
Old 06-07-2010, 09:46 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Here's an email I received. Very vague IMO.

UNITED STATES

Dear Mr Wong:

Thank you for taking the time to contact Subway.

I am sorry to hear you feel you were charged incorrect taxes on your recent purchase.

The State of California tax laws are extremely complicated. To summarize it the law mandates sales tax
be applied to any of the following:
Hot foods which are prepared hot or made hot by microwaving or toasting.
All food that is eaten on premise.
Meal deals, since meal deals consist of a combination of hot and cold items, such as a meal or dinner
which includes cold components (such as a carbonated beverage) or side items, tax applies to the
entire price regardless of itemization on the receipt.
Swapping your drink for a non carbonated drink will still be considered taxable since it is part of our
meal deal option.

Miscellaneous items if applicable will have tax charged if eaten on premise.

As with all transactions, it is up to each employee to press the correct buttons for dining in, if a sub was
toasted or made hot and for all meal deals.

Sincerely,

Ann Harrigan x8201
Customer Care Representative
Old 06-07-2010, 09:54 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
What really grinds my gears is when liquor stores stick a "$1.50" on a "Great buy 99c" Arizona!

"Every McDonald's commercial ends the same way, right? McDonald's commercials end like this: prices and participation may vary. Now, I want to open a McDonald's and not participate in anything. I want to be a stubborn McDonald's owner. I'll say: 'Cheesburgers? Nope. We got Spaghetti! And blankets.'

-Mitch Hedberg

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
^ I honestly dont like Quiznos
I don't believe you.

Last edited by kYLEMtnCRUZr; 06-07-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:27 PM

Car Info: 2001 BMW M5
I absolutely hate subway. Hate it. Their bread sucks. Remember when they used to PEEL it out of those rubber things? Meat to veggie ratio is absolutely hilarious.

Case in point.

Roast beef sandwich

Subway gives you TWO slices of cow. Two slices. Then I don't know how much veggies but is some depressing ratio.

Over at togos you get 4.5 ounces of cow on a regular and 7.5 ounces on a large. Meat to veggie ratio is at worst 50/50, but more like 70/30.

Subway's bread cannot handle the meager amount of meatballs they include on their sandwich. I get the sandwich, run upstairs, sit down, unwrap, and look at that, the bread has succumbed to a horrible, soggy death. The bread starts life as a one inch high "roll", and after they cut it up and add stuff, its a soggy or veggitastic mess.

Don't get me wrong, I like my veggies on my sandwich, but Subway does it wrong.

I lost a battle with dignity and ordered a flat bread.

It was disgusting. I like flat bread, I really do. How they managed to ruin it is beyond me.

I say this to myself and every two months or so I stupidly go back for more punishment:

"Subway is good for large drinks and chips only."

And of all the things horribly exaggerated advertised, Subway takes first honors. (Which is probably why I get suckered into it every so often)

And they always have a heart attack when I want to add extra cheese on top of extra cheese. Yes, three tiny triangle of cheese do not satisfy me, I would like six tiny triangles.

Heat attack.

Everytime.

Quick Reply: Subway charges for toasting?