Subaru Show Down, Rim May 2-3

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 06:58 PM

Car Info: Outback Beaner
Subaru Show Down, Rim May 2-3

In conjuction with the Rim of the World Rally in Palmdale Ca. Wester Region is sponsoring our first subaru Show Down and Subaru Performance Vendor Fair. This will be the largest gathering of Subarus outside the factory!. The Subaru owners' car show will have approximatly 10 classes and room for a zillion
super cars. Trophys will be dynamite! Show entry is free and will include lunch for exibitors. Just be there EARLY Saturday AM. Judging will commence at 10:00 AM. Come out, bring some folding chairs and a cooler, enter your baby, spectate and see the fastest rally cars in the USA, grab a lot of swag and have a great time till 11:00 PM the rally finish. No admission fee! Free parking!
Come and stay as short or long as you want.

California Rally series and the City of Palmdale have provided a new fantastic soccer complex for us. ALL GRASS! NO DUST! NIGHT LIGHTING! A Very large amount of paved parking too! This is going to be BIG....REALLY BIG!

We will have the new STi, and possibly some new unseen turbo models. Drag race Subaru's, Track racing Subarus, Rally Subarus, Fine Street Subarus even RC Subarus and more. Never been to a rally? This is the one to attend. You will not miss another one.

Mitsu will have the new EVO 8 going head to head. The Mitsu clubs are going to crash our party too. Share some fine bench racing. The new Ford Focus open class car of Tim O'Neal will be there. The new STI bodied Subaru Rally Team cars of course will be there. Mazda's cars will be there. The super fast and well prepared AV Sport Subarus as well. Gather some autographs from the Subaru Rally Team drivers, Nick Grist WRC Co driver will be there for autographs. The party is getting larger every day.

The Performance vendors will include, performance focused dealers, Pro Drive, MRT retailers, Vivid. Borla, Enjen, Cobb, Easy Street and on an on. Talk to the factory reps.

Enjoy the rally start and restart activities, go up on course view the stages, go to the service break areas and watch the team mechanics do fantastic field repairs up close. Bring your camera!

More Show detailes pending. The CRS website has all the general rally info you need. If you need lodging do it now. The towns will sell out.

www.rimoftheworldrally.com
www.californiarallyseries.com
www.scca.org

Subaru exibit space questions e-mail ppau@adelphia.net

See you there!
Old 03-10-2003, 10:43 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
I will be there with something cool for all of us.

Thanks Phil!

- Alex
Old 03-11-2003, 03:08 PM

Car Info: White 2000 2.5RS-Turbo
Thumbs up

I'm there!

...even if I have to pitch a tent on the soccer field
Old 03-12-2003, 03:40 PM

Location: "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
Car Info: Midnight Black WRX - Lots O Mods
We will be there.
Old 03-14-2003, 09:49 PM

Car Info: MY00RS25
Caravan? I want to leave on Thursday afternoon. Anyone want to drive down w/ me, let me know. I was going to fly but then I'll have to drive a rental
Old 03-15-2003, 09:57 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX/05 Legacy
Anyone from Sac and to carpool? I think I'll rent a car to go down there. I didn't like cleaning up my car afterwards last year
Old 03-23-2003, 10:50 PM

Car Info: 03 sedan 2nd wrx
We will be going, leaving from Travis A.F.B. thurs. night. I will be taking my wrx, no point in going and not taking your pride & joy
thats just how I feel.
Old 04-05-2003, 04:02 AM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
Here is the latest update from SOA's Phil Pausmer:

SUBARU SHOW DOWN UPDATE 4/1
The car show classes will be as follows:
Best Impreza (non turbo)
Best Impreza Wagon (non turbo)
Best WRX (or turbo/chgr added)
Best WRX Wagon (or turbo/chgr added)
Best Legacy/Outback/Baja
Best Forester
Best Classic Subaru (1980-1990)
Best Vintage Subaru (Pre 1980)

From the above 8 classes we will award the following:
Best Modified Street Performance
Best Modified Competition Subaru
Best O/all appearance (Exterior)
Best O/all Appearance (Interior)

The 12 trophies are beautiful custom Lucite bases with removable 1/8th scale SRT WRX AutoArt models tagged Lovell/Turvey. These are special limited run models and not available through normal channels. Models are about 10" long and extremely detailed.

The show will be limited to 100 cars only. No advance registration will be done. The Paloma Vista Park will open at 6:30 AM for on-site registration. The directions are on the www.rimoftheworldrally.com website. The park is about 1 mile from the Holiday Inn Rally Headquarters.

Restrictions: The show is on a beautiful grass soccer complex. We are limited to 2MPH speeds on the grass for move in and out. Any wheel spinning will be grounds for removal. We are first time guests of the City of Palmdale and need to be invited back.

Schedule. All cars must be in place by 9:30AM. Judging starts at 10:00AM. I would suggest being there early as park access is limited. Judging will continue during the rally restart activities. Winners will be announced after the rally restart activities (1:30- 2:00PM)

Fee: None. Entry registration includes a succulent gourmet hot dog lunch BBQed over imported mesquite charcoal with expensive condiments of your choice and beverage.

You will not be able to leave the park with your vehicle until after the rally restart activities have been completed (1:30PM approx). You can leave your car in the park if you choose and return anytime in the early evening and retrieve it. The park will be guarded. The full overlapping rally schedule and maps will be in the official rally program available in the park.

Long Distance Travelers: There is a car wash on 5th Street within sight of the Holiday Inn and about 1 mile from the event park. I would suggest coming in Friday afternoon and enjoy the rally start and have the time to remove a bug or two.

If you are staying o/night, make reservations now! Hotels are on the Rim Rally site. Many are sold out. Be sure and ask for the RIM Rate too. Save some $$s.

Please e-mail me if you plan to enter. Give me name and class.
ppau@adelphia.net

- Paul Pausmer
Old 04-24-2003, 06:55 AM

Car Info: I've had cars...BRZ next
just a quick note, if the trophies are 1/8 scale and are 10" long, that means our cars are 80" long (6' 8") or almost the width of my car (5' )...I think they are 1/18 scale, which is still very nice and the exclusivity of it makes it valuable...where are they being kept
Old 04-28-2003, 09:40 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5RS Silverthorn
Does anyone know if its gonna rain on the drive down there? I wont be leaving till friday.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:45 AM

The Lord knows There is a chance of rain but hard to believe it will get to Rim...wrong side of the mountains.
Old 05-02-2003, 05:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: I got a couple :)
now you mentioned it .. It will rain ..LOL

cheers

gino

www.gb-motorsports.com
www.mpjperformance.com
Old 05-03-2003, 07:45 AM

Gino you wuss...sending Mike here to do ALL your work and with all the rain that I caused