Subaru pet peeve

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by chinoyboi
Well, lately I've been thinking, one thing that kinda gets on my nerves (yes even within the Subie community) is whenever I chat it up with SOME Subaru drivers, they always like to brag "how much faster their car is" or "my car can beat yours" and I'm just thinking to myself, who cares? I mean, the reason I bought my car (or when I mod my car) isn't to make my car faster than others, but for my own enjoyment. And I'm not trying to bash people for modding their cars, its just when they get too cocky about it. I personally like to modify my car, but just simple bolt-ons and a tune, so it's kinda stupid when someone tells me that their car is faster when they changed just about everything under the hood (ie turbo, intercooler, etc), of course it's most likely going to be faster . I respect people that really know their **** about cars and done pretty amazing stuff, and I ask what they did to their cars and what not, but no need to tell me straight up that its faster than my car.

So it just irritates me when some people brag that their car is faster when I don't really care and when it states the obvious. Kinda makes me wonder if a faster car makes people cockier? Do other people get this sometimes?
It's called being a guy. If you think subaru owners brag, then you should talk to srt4/camaro/mustang guys. Also dont forget people have the right to brag as the cars are pretty for the value. I personally could care less, someone can see how fast my car is when they are stuck in the passengers seat.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:11 PM

Car Info: Black On Black Wingless 05 STI
Subaru pet peeve: "If I could only fit more fat *****es in it like my Escalade"
Old 12-23-2008, 10:05 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx wagon
threads like this is giving me second thoughts about my subaru =\
Old 12-24-2008, 01:51 AM

Car Info: Subaru 2009 Forester
To be honest, the Subaru car has not very satisfactory results in racing.
I think most people like Subaru not for faster speed, but to appreciate its control performance
Old 12-24-2008, 05:51 AM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Who cares?
Old 12-24-2008, 01:59 PM

Car Info: 4日本車
To the OP, I agree with you, that people who only talk about their car's hp and tq numbers are very annoying, and even boring for the most part.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:05 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Don't know who you hang out with but I've NEVER had someone talk to me like that and I've been to A LOT of subaru meets at a few different spots. UCKK. Big Dogs. Pizza & Pipes. Aptos. Etc.

NEVER has someone said... yeah but my cars faster. Never.

I know that a lot of former honda/ricerocket/street racers are starting to buy wrx's and sti's but still. I've NEVER had this conversation.

You think maybe you brag about what you've got which starts said conversation?
Old 12-24-2008, 03:16 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX --> 07 STI --> 10 Cayman S
LOL I haven't checked this thread for a few days...

Anyways... I'm not saying that this applies to ALL Subaru drivers. But I do notice some people are like that. I just concluded that like other car communities... You'll still get people that like to brag about their cars and what not.

But yeah, I do agree with people that most other car communities love to brag about their cars more than Subie people do. It's still a pet peeve nonetheless.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:35 PM

Car Info: 4日本車
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Don't know who you hang out with but I've NEVER had someone talk to me like that and I've been to A LOT of subaru meets at a few different spots. UCKK. Big Dogs. Pizza & Pipes. Aptos. Etc.

NEVER has someone said... yeah but my cars faster. Never.

I know that a lot of former honda/ricerocket/street racers are starting to buy wrx's and sti's but still. I've NEVER had this conversation.

You think maybe you brag about what you've got which starts said conversation?
I meant my post to say that I agree with him about the power bragging, not as it relates to Subaru. I apologize, as I should have been more clear. I meant it in regards to other car owners, non-subaru owners.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:39 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
who... what...

Sorry. I didn't read any of the posts. I read the first one and posted. I'm working so I'm not really reading much. Sorry. Haaaa.