Subaru pet peeve

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 11:51 PM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
Hahaha, what an idiot.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:52 PM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.
oh ya...
Old 12-22-2008, 11:55 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx wagon
gtr wanted to street race? whats that all about?
Old 12-23-2008, 12:08 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
This is something you're going to find in all car communities, especially with the younger crowd. I think when you start getting into the older crowd (middle aged people with BMW's, Mercedes, blah blah blah) it'll probably be "I've spent more money on my car" rather than "my car is fasterest"
Old 12-23-2008, 12:20 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
really? Ive been in the community for 9 years now and I hardly EVER hear ANYONE ever bragging about how much faster their car is then mine... People talk about cars and mods, but never cause a pissing match or try to brag about how much faster their cars are... Maybe you're reading too far into it?
Old 12-23-2008, 12:30 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by brucelee
really? Ive been in the community for 9 years now and I hardly EVER hear ANYONE ever bragging about how much faster their car is then mine... People talk about cars and mods, but never cause a pissing match or try to brag about how much faster their cars are... Maybe you're reading too far into it?
I've been offered a race at an eggettes meet......the kid was WAY slow when he came to AutoX...very amusing, 8 seconds off the pace.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:22 AM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
Originally Posted by chinabox
I am more concerned about Could I reach my destinations safely!!!!
street is not circuit
Yea! Fast as **** !!
Old 12-23-2008, 04:37 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Originally Posted by chinoyboi
Well, lately I've been thinking, one thing that kinda gets on my nerves (yes even within the Subie community) is whenever I chat it up with SOME Subaru drivers, they always like to brag "how much faster their car is" or "my car can beat yours" and I'm just thinking to myself, who cares? I mean, the reason I bought my car (or when I mod my car) isn't to make my car faster than others, but for my own enjoyment. And I'm not trying to bash people for modding their cars, its just when they get too cocky about it. I personally like to modify my car, but just simple bolt-ons and a tune, so it's kinda stupid when someone tells me that their car is faster when they changed just about everything under the hood (ie turbo, intercooler, etc), of course it's most likely going to be faster . I respect people that really know their **** about cars and done pretty amazing stuff, and I ask what they did to their cars and what not, but no need to tell me straight up that its faster than my car.

So it just irritates me when some people brag that their car is faster when I don't really care and when it states the obvious. Kinda makes me wonder if a faster car makes people cockier? Do other people get this sometimes?
You have been hanging out with Matt and his "stage 10" too much

I haven't heard much bragging... Only people I have heard it from was Matt (but he's cool) and one other guy who was just excited to have his STi at his first meet. And I remember just pwning him when I was talking to him about a WRX that was at the meet. and he couldn't understand why I liked this WRX more than his STi. So I told him straight up, "Although the WRX appears stock... notice the brake rotors and calipers... see how there are holes in the rotors and the caliper has "STOP TECH" written on it? Those things are just a few of the many reasons why I like this WRX." He gave me the most puzzled look ever. It was great.

I have learned that with enough ingenuity you can make any car be extremely fast... but it takes a smart driver to be able to harness all of that speed and power.

You just have to be smart about all of it... and a well placed comment usually keeps them quiet
Old 12-23-2008, 06:55 AM

Car Info: 20psi Daily!
same here, usually when im at meets or i talk with suby people, they dont brag which is a good thing. it shows how humble our community is unlike hondas always trying to race any car on the street thats lowered or has an exhaust.

on a side note, i did have some kid in middle school as i was picking up my little sister brag about his dads new gti. he asked me how much hp i had and i humbly said around 280 and his reply was "thats it? my dads gti is hella faster than that. hes gonna get that front cooler like yours but his will actually make power" i laughed at this brainwashed kid and drove off.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:45 AM

Car Info: A crazy ass wagon ! Voltex and 18x9.5 +22 FTW !
Originally Posted by glenspen
I've been offered a race at an eggettes meet......the kid was WAY slow when he came to AutoX...very amusing, 8 seconds off the pace.
Yea but Glen your a track beast ! Everyones off of your pace ! i think its the accent that makes you fast ! or maybe the custom plates which i love !
Old 12-23-2008, 07:50 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by glenspen
You need to start AutoXing, then you know whether you're faster or slower than other people.

you'll be amazed at how much slower you are than some people who show up with a LOT less bhp!

I got a shock first few times, but you're first win is a trip...

There are about half a dozen i-clubbers show up every time so you'll be in good company...and winning is pretty cool, I still get a buzz when I win my group, my co-driver loves it too..

Next time somebody challenges you to a race in a school zone you can say..."not now, but this weekend I'll race you for the entry fee"

I am setting up the forester for autoX, should be ready by spring I just need to get the adjustable links and bars dialed in a bit more.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:53 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
I've heard that among the younger subaru and non-subie owners.
I always tell them "I dunno I never take it past 65 "
Old 12-23-2008, 08:00 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by soggynoodles
I've heard that among the younger subaru and non-subie owners.
I always tell them "I dunno I never take it past 65 "
actually, I rarely do go past 65 because I'm never on the freeway
Old 12-23-2008, 08:48 AM

Car Info: 2008 subaru AWD stroller...wahaha
chinoyboi...I think you need to meet up with a different groups of people if you don't feel right.

like what other said...when you get into some older groups or different groups, it really different...

I donno, when I was younger...I wasn't like that, it probably once you get in-touch with autoX... driving too faster on the road don't get into your blood anymore (unless you are late to work or school)

alan'08
Old 12-23-2008, 04:51 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
The past few months i've noticed hardly any subaru drivers waving anymore. Theyre all ex civic owners i guess.

I go to car meets to hang out with friends. I honestly cant stand it when people talk about cars or parts...maybe for a minute, but any longer and i start falling asleep or rolling my eyes.

I was listening to a conversation between 2 car guys at my school, you wouldnt believe what they were saying...

"yeah my dad raced streetbikes...he would hit 300mph"

"the car had so much boost it would blow the dipstick out"

"Those chevy cobalts suck, its all about srt4's" (Cobalts rule on the track for FWD from what i've seen)

Random idiots like that. The kind of people you would love to force an autoX competition with.

Quick Reply: Subaru pet peeve