Stylezwest

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 12:51 PM
Boo

Car Info: 07 SWP
Stylezwest

This is my first time giving a negative feedback to another member and i'm sure it won't be the last. Stylezwest advertised a Grimmspeed uppipe with no information regarding size in the OP. I clarified with stylezwest whether it was for a 38mm or 44mm EWG, "38mm" he said. I met up with him, verbally confirmed that it was a 38mm and then picked it up without hesitation. Solid guy, very easy to deal with.

I took the uppipe home with intentions to do a small test fit. When nothing matched up, I called up one of my friends (another member on here for what its worth) that is running a 38mm and he confirmed that the uppipe that was sold to me was a 44mm. I texted stylezwest explaining the situation and asked politely for my money back despite my frustration. This is the response I got from him:

"Hey man I was told from a friend that it was a 38mm, like I said I never had a chance to installing it or have the waste gate. I'm extremely sorry"

All you had to do was take a ruler to it...

"Like I said I'm extremely sorry, I have bills to pay. The only reason I sold the part to begin with because it was brand new and I never used it."

Bills to pay? Really? So do 99.9% of the people on this forum, but you don't see them selling mislabeled parts to make a quick buck. I'm not looking for compensation regarding this matter. All I had asked for was my money back and to give your uppipe back.

Why didn't I make sure it was a 38mm before I bought it?
1. Its iclub, not nasioc. Ive met up people here many times before and never had a singe issue, until now.
2. I was not willing to risk bringing a $200 item for a test fit on top of the $200 I brought for the uppipe. I learned that lesson from Craigslist a long time ago.
3. There was no invoice/part number markings on the box that would've indicated wether it was a 38mm or 44mm. If there was, I would've googled it.
4. I didn't have a ruler. Note to self: buy a ruler.

I've learned my lesson and I hope other members can learn from my mistakes. To stylezwest, this situation could have been easily been rectified, but I guess it was too much to ask from you. Now i'm out $200 and stuck with a useless pipe/very pretty paperweight. Cool beans.

Sooo....anybody wanna buy a Grimmspeed black coated 44mm EWG up pipe BNIB haha?
Old 04-28-2013, 01:05 PM

Car Info: No more Subaru
I can second this. The guy is a tool.

Texted me about a turbo I had posted for $900 never used, when its $1100 new, and jerked me around for a few days asking the same questions about specs making me an offer for $750 and lowballing me. I finally accepted it because I had no other interest and really wanted cash to go get my new car, and he then texted me back laughing saying he'd only give me $300 and telling me to get ****ed. I'd advise anyone to stay clear of this guy. Not worth your time he's a total assclown.

Btw stylezwest I still hope your motor blows
Old 04-28-2013, 01:14 PM

Car Info: hopes and dreams
I've had issues with this guy on multiple accounts. The recaros I have posted he continued to lowball me on them. I agreed to said price and never heard back. I bumped the thread and he tried talking to me about the price we then agreed again and he flaked out. Didn't want to put him on blast but the guys such a **** face.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:18 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Regarding your point 1. - I bought a set of fn01rc from a different iclub member that I thought were 17x8.5 et35 which is a rare size for 5x100...guy had positive feedback and a reciept saying that they were that size...I bought them, threw them in the garage and a few weeks later went to install...that's when I noticed they were 17x8 et48 (pretty common and not what I wanted)

I texted him and he sent pic of the receipt again and basically told me to F off cuz he wasn't going to give $ back cuz he spent it

This was a few years ago and the member sold his subaru so no point naming him, but since then I've always verified what I'm getting before I buy, even on iclub sadly

Last edited by slugrx; 04-28-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:19 PM
Call me Pebbles

Car Info: Moist
New witch hunt. opcorn:
Old 04-28-2013, 01:31 PM

Car Info: Whatever The Lot Provides ;)
IBTL.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:39 PM
Boo

For the record. This is no witchhunt. I am not out to get this guy but only to inform others of my experience.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Boo
For the record. This is no witchhunt. I am not out to get this guy but only to inform others of my experience.
Gotya. Don't we have a Feedback Area for this too? Just saying that if we were to actually do like some-other-forum(s) and make it a searchable thing it would be really cool. You could then also have the option to not publicly list the person's given name and PM a moderator for that info.

It is sad how we are at this point in here now too. :/

Get some photos and a new ad posted for your new-to-you pipe that is true to it's word and I'll blast it to the universe for you via my peeps.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:44 PM

Car Info: No more Subaru
Originally Posted by Boo
For the record. This is definitely a witchhunt. I am out to get this guy and hang him by his ***** .
Quoted for truth, I also agree
Old 04-28-2013, 01:45 PM

Car Info: Subaru STi Sedan '13
Originally Posted by TheFozz
Gotya. Don't we have a Feedback Area for this too? Just saying that if we were to actually do like some-other-forum(s) and make it a searchable thing it would be really cool. You could then also have the option to not publicly list the person's given name and PM a moderator for that info.

It is sad how we are at this point in here now too. :/

Get some photos and a new ad posted for your new-to-you pipe that is true to it's word and I'll blast it to the universe for you via my peeps.
Sad to hear this news regarding the pipe. I havent been here long but I know how it feels to be misinformed when it comes to parts :-/ had to deal with that on my old car and it sucked!..

Fozz your idea is pretty good I think there should be searchable feature that allows you to see feedback in regards to if a bad sale went on. Of course there is the sales record thing but if it was searchable that would be very helpful
Old 04-28-2013, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by oshrizak

Fozz your idea is pretty good I think there should be searchable feature that allows you to see feedback in regards to if a bad sale went on. Of course there is the sales record thing but if it was searchable that would be very helpful
Report the post to the Mods with that sort of feedback. They'll see it and make a decision based likely on it's merits alone.(??)

Then again what do I know, I'm older and loosing what's left of my mind daily.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:03 PM

Car Info: 2004 STI
Originally Posted by TheFozz
Gotya. Don't we have a Feedback Area for this too? Just saying that if we were to actually do like some-other-forum(s) and make it a searchable thing it would be really cool.

There is a system for giving feedback for sales interactions. It works much better than these threads because it'll always follow the guy around.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:11 PM
Boo

Like slugrx said,I-trader is not always accurate. I definitely checked his feedback. 100% 3/3, or at least until I came along. If this many people had some sort of bad experience with this person (or anybody else), why not post it up on itrader so other people down the road (like me for example) can see what their experience was like?

If people turn it into a witch hunt then so be it. That is out of my control. My I made my intentions clear what this thread was about; my experience regarding one of our members. I cannot control what people end up turning this thread into.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:01 PM

Car Info: 1998 M3, 2016 WRX
FWIW, I was the one who originally sold him the uppipe late last year. When I saw his thread I thought I made a mistake and sold him a 38mm instead of a 44mm. Guess I was right. I posted that it was a 44mm, but took it down because he replied and said it was 38mm. Sorry to here what happened to you Boo. I should have left my post on the thread.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:39 PM
Boo

Originally Posted by KrAzYkld
FWIW, I was the one who originally sold him the uppipe late last year. When I saw his thread I thought I made a mistake and sold him a 38mm instead of a 44mm. Guess I was right. I posted that it was a 44mm, but took it down because he replied and said it was 38mm. Sorry to here what happened to you Boo. I should have left my post on the thread.
Its alright man. Theres no fault on your part in my book. We can't all be on the forums 24/7. I can understand how someone could mistaken a 38 for a 44 or vice versa. If someone buys something under the pretense that its a certain size, it should be that size. But if the unit was bought under false advertisement, the buyer should be able to get his/her money back for exchange of said product.

But looking on the brighter side of things, its been pretty windy these past few days. I could use something as heavy as this to keep my papers from blowing around.