Street racer shot and killed by CHP Stockton

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 10:49 AM
banned

Car Info: heel'n toe da hoe...
Witness: CHP shooting of Stockton man unprovoked

STOCKTON, Calif. (AP) A witness says a man shot dead by California Highway Patrol officers was not charging the officers with his truck as they allege.

According to the CHP, officers shot 21-year-old Joseph Pinasco after he ignored their warnings to stop and then charged them with the truck early Sunday morning. The confrontation followed a short chase when officers tried to pull Pinasco over for driving erratically.

But Geri Wade, who lives on the rural road where the shooting occurred, says Pinasco's truck was stuck between a fence and a ditch and the officers ''did not give him one second of a chance.''

The incident is under investigation, and the officers have been placed on administrative leave.

Information from: The Record, http://www.recordnet.com/
Old 08-26-2008, 11:36 AM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
he couldve been a good person, but if you walk into a police station reaching into your trenchcoat, youre gonna get shot.

Im sure the cops didnt want to kill, they hope to hit him on an extremedy to slow him down for good.

Cleaning up the gene pool for sure.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:41 AM

Car Info: STi 07
Cops did the correct thing. Anyone threatens your life, deadly force is acceptable. For people who say why didnt they crap should put themselves in the cops shoes.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by stirs
that sucks, I think they could of done a better job on pulling him over rather than killing him....sad
Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al
Like shoot the tires. I thought cops were trained to be calm during hostile situations.
Dude, do you EVER think before you post? Your posts never cease to astonish me.

If a truck is IN FRONT of you, COMING TOWARDS you, how do you suggest shooting out the tires? You do know you can't really curve bullets like in Wanted, right? Cops are trained to be calm in hostile situations. They are also trained to protect their lives and the lives of fellow officers. A truck coming towards you is not really a situation where you can test multiple choices to see what will work best. They can't really stand there and go "well maybe if we curve the bullets like in that movie we can shoot out the tires. If that doesn't work we can go 'stop.' and maybe this time he'll finally listen to us. Then we should maybe throw something at him and hope he stops? If none of that works then I guess we'll have to shoot him."
Old 08-26-2008, 07:47 PM

like when girls think cars blow up if you tap the bumper on another cars while parking, they scream lol

people are so full of Hollywood.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
like when girls think cars blow up if you tap the bumper on another cars while parking, they scream lol

people are so full of Hollywood.
well they don't as long as it isn't a pinto
Old 08-27-2008, 11:15 AM

Car Info: wrx02
I am not a cop, but I have several cop freinds. One of them is my best body. One thing I can tell you for sure to people who think the cop should have shot the tires, legs, or arm to slow down that guy without killing him - When cops pull out guns and point at you, they are trained to shoot your chest twice and the head. There is no leg, arm, or tires. Gun is there to kill and put down the threat immediately.
And to people who was wondering how the cop would feel (sad) after shooting, many have no trouble. Matter of fact, very opposite to what you think.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:55 PM

Car Info: sc300
If someone tried to run me over I'd shoot them too.
Good call by the police.
One less f***head.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:33 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by willow
I am not a cop, but I have several cop freinds. One of them is my best body.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Racenut
... It was suicide.
Haha yeah I really bet he woke up that morning, "Hey I'm going to drive my truck at some cops today and hopefully they will waste my ***, my life is so unbearable."

I bet it was more of a "**** the police mentality"

Originally Posted by flatline
chrisnonstop your 100% wrong...cops arent trained to shoot to kill, they are trained to shoot to save lives.
Might want to recalculate your percentage sounds like I<3subie who seems to know what he is talking about thinks chris isn't so wrong at all. So give him a break, maybe only 50-75% wrong?

shoot to save lives? maybe brucelee with all his guns is shooting to save lives, but it really seems like a lot of officers are on a hair trigger anyways, seems like they found an opportunity to blow someone away, and did so. It will be on their minds for who knows how long.

Seriously, in the end it really doesn't look like we have enough info to correctly judge the situation, so why am I posting this anyways?

RIP
Old 08-27-2008, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by willow
And to people who was wondering how the cop would feel (sad) after shooting, many have no trouble. Matter of fact, very opposite to what you think.
yeah opposite as in the wack off when they get home like Brucelee when he buys a new gun lol and sleeps with it.

JAYKAY!

This thread is still alive?
Old 08-28-2008, 12:42 AM
banned

Dude.. You know "sweetangle13" too?
Old 08-28-2008, 12:45 AM

Car Info: wrx02
hehehe you might be right kyle
Old 08-28-2008, 02:06 AM

Car Info: Cage and Slicks and Wing OH MY!!
ight want to recalculate your percentage sounds like I<3subie who seems to know what he is talking about thinks chris isn't so wrong at all. So give him a break, maybe only 50-75% wrong?

shoot to save lives? maybe brucelee with all his guns is shooting to save lives, but it really seems like a lot of officers are on a hair trigger anyways, seems like they found an opportunity to blow someone away, and did so. It will be on their minds for who knows how long.

actually hes 100% wrong.

i am a cop, and i was never trained to kill. if someone dies as the by-product of lethal force, its just part of being forced to use it.

at least in my department, an officer is ONLY justified to use lethal force in ONE SITUATION.

TO PROTECT LIFE>

whether that life be their own, or it be the life of others.

we are trained to shoot center mass, we are trained to shoot one to the head in CERTAIN circumstances.

Those circumstances being:

1. if the person is wearing body armor
2. the person is intoxicated to the point where your rounds are proving ineffective.
3. your rounds simply are not stopping said person.

its a proven fact most victims who sustain wounds from pistols will survive. there has also been cases where a suspect was shot 48 times, and STILL managed to kill two FBI agents after he should be dead (caused by drugs)

We can go on and on about how to shoot and where to shoot.

IN THE END, COPS SAVE LIVES NOT TAKE LIVES. Unfortunatly taking some lives is a byproduct of protection of life.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:47 AM
banned

Originally Posted by flatline
actually hes 100% wrong.

i am a cop, and i was never trained to kill. if someone dies as the by-product of lethal force, its just part of being forced to use it.

at least in my department, an officer is ONLY justified to use lethal force in ONE SITUATION.

TO PROTECT LIFE>

whether that life be their own, or it be the life of others.

we are trained to shoot center mass, we are trained to shoot one to the head in CERTAIN circumstances.

Those circumstances being:

1. if the person is wearing body armor
2. the person is intoxicated to the point where your rounds are proving ineffective.
3. your rounds simply are not stopping said person.

its a proven fact most victims who sustain wounds from pistols will survive. there has also been cases where a suspect was shot 48 times, and STILL managed to kill two FBI agents after he should be dead (caused by drugs)

We can go on and on about how to shoot and where to shoot.

IN THE END, COPS SAVE LIVES NOT TAKE LIVES. Unfortunatly taking some lives is a byproduct of protection of life.
In firearms training they never told you fire to kill.? Maybe I'm not reading this right.. Its kinds late... If they told you not to kill. You'd be in tazer or asp training.

Level of force.. You use just enough to overcome your attacker or to detain a arrest.
I tell people all the time. If you ever get into a fight. Be stepping backwards when you swing. Backwards movement if most cases means you were retreating and trying to defend yourself.

If your in fear of your life, You review whats happening and make a call from there. That all about training. Can you step out of the way of the truck? Is your escape route blocked? That day we had that felon back over our unit, We both reviewed and didnt fire. Could I have and got away with it? Maybe.. He did try and run us over and his bumper was a foot or two from me. But why change my life and his life if I could avoid it. I knew we would get him later. He was not a Hot Call. We just happened by his lic plate and got a hit.

If I heard any cop out there making a statement that "oh I'd just unload a clip and be done" I'd have a problem with barney fife. Thats NOT the person I want protecting my streets.
Have I ever drawn down on someone? Oh yes.. It was part of the job. If someone reached for my gun quickly would I have shot them? No.. In the arm? No.. What about that one time you get caught off guard? (Well thats why most traffic cops are so much control freaks) Thats when all that trainning comes into play. Train like your life depends on it.

Deadly force is a last option.

Anyway..... If you think your life doesnt change after killing someone, Being a cop or not.. Your ego needs a fine tune... I know some die hard swat officers that scare even me. But ask them about that one time.... They will tear up and second guess themselfs.
We are all human.

Also anyone know how many rounds will actually hit a person when shooting at them? About 2-3 out of 10 If your that good. Thats why they teach you center mass and double tap. Then review, and fire as needed.

Hollywood is another story..

Police are trained to save lifes, But once you might have to take one to save. Most officers will go with never firing a round.

We also forget when a officer shooting goes down. You have a call that goes out to all surounding depts for back up, Most will run code 3 to give back up. When this happens. You risk countless lives of normal everyday drivers out on the roads. That guy that doesnt hear that siren coming and wham in the intersection we just had a wreck, So your actions of pulling and shootng can have a huge impact and ripple effect across the county.

I do not think we will ever know what happen after the witness made a statement to the news. Sad really.

Ok I'm off to bed..

Quick Reply: Street racer shot and killed by CHP Stockton