Street racer shot and killed by CHP Stockton

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 12:23 PM

Car Info: WR Blue Wagon
Lots of people race trucks. And they say that he was most likely not actually racing. The article says they responded to a call for "possible street racing".

Some old lady hears this asshat driving like an idiot and calls the police. She says "street racing" when she really doesn't know anything other than hearing a motor revving or tires squealing or whatever.

That doesn't matter anyway. He wasn't shot for street racing, he was shot for trying to run down the cops.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:24 PM

Car Info: 2007 WRX CGM
I feel bad for the cops involved.. I mean how would it feel knowing you killed a kid in a situation like this? I bet they're thinking about what they could have done differently etc. How about when their kid turns 21? Sucks.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:24 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I'll be curious to read the whole story. Doesn't sound quite right to me.
second. i want to know the whole story before i make a judgement
Old 08-25-2008, 12:25 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al
Like shoot the tires. I thought cops were trained to be calm during hostile situations.

they are.

they are also trained to stop any threats to them. this includes and up to deadly force.

i think you watch too many movies.

i can tell you from a very close source that a PD discharging their firearm during duty is a very traumatic experience...
Old 08-25-2008, 12:27 PM

Car Info: 2000 2 door RS/ daily driver vtech
racenut is right he did turn his truck to the cops but I still think and I bet the cop is thinking the same thing, what could he have done diferent next time instead of using lethal force.....sad story
Old 08-25-2008, 12:37 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by jondl
I feel bad for the cops involved.. I mean how would it feel knowing you killed a kid in a situation like this? I bet they're thinking about what they could have done differently etc. How about when their kid turns 21? Sucks.
A kid!?!?
The driver was twenty one years of age.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:47 PM

Car Info: 06 wrx wagon
Originally Posted by I<3subie
A CHP spokesman says it's unlikely Pinasco had been involved in
the racing.
------------------------------------------------------------------
this thread title confuses me...
Old 08-25-2008, 12:47 PM

The officer made a judgment call. His choices it seemed were his life (or that of another innocent bystander) or the driver's. He had a split second to make a decision, and he made one. It isn't up to us to decide, after the fact, not having been there, whether his decision was right or wrong.

It was the driver's fault for putting the officer in the position to have to make that difficult decision. No one will know what the driver may or may not have done, and I don't think it matters. He put the officer in a position where the officer reasonably felt the only choices were to be run over or to shoot the driver.

Imagine if someone broke into your home in the middle of the night. You reasonably feel that your life and the lives of your family were in danger. You feel your only choices are to kill or be killed. You shoot the intruder, killing him. Later it turns out that he was a petty thief, never violent, and was probably only there to steal your TV. Does that matter? Do you care? Probably not, because in that crucial moment, the only options available to your knowledge were to either shoot and kill the intruder or you and your family would die.

I honestly don't believe it is fair for those of us with the benefit of hindsight to look back and evaluate how the situation could have turned out differently. We have a lifetime to think things over, analyze the facts, have access to additional facts, hypothesize what may or may not have happened. The person in that situation had a split-second to decide. How can you fault someone for making what you feel is the "wrong" decision?
________
Interracial Vid

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:54 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Can't criticize their decision after reading such a short write up. I'm not going to second guess the decision to open fire. Their live may have very well been in danger, we don' know a whole lot.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:54 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by I<3subie
A CHP spokesman says it's unlikely Pinasco had been involved in
the racing.
Seems like a lot of people are missing this last section, especially with the misleading title of the thread.

Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al
Like shoot the tires. I thought cops were trained to be calm during hostile situations.
Shooting tires is pretty hard to do when a vehicle is moving, not to mention even without tires, the truck can still be accelerating forward.

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I'll be curious to read the whole story. Doesn't sound quite right to me.
Yeah, there are quite a few holes.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:09 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo
Yeah, there are quite a few holes.
Of which, most seem to be in the deceased.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:10 PM

Car Info: 06 wrx wagon
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Of which, most seem to be in the deceased.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:17 PM

Car Info: Cage and Slicks and Wing OH MY!!
an officer is not trained to shoot out tires. Its alot harder to hit a small target like a tire especially one that is moving. PLUS that will not stop the threat.

im not going to monday morning quarter back and say who could have done what better.

but by the sound of it, the driver was an immenant threat and the officers were justified in using lethal force. PERIOD.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:39 PM

Car Info: .
Ah, if you're dumb enough to try and evade the cops (who have their weapons drawn on you) by running them over you deserve death.

Also, LOL at the people saying "shoot the tires", you're as bad as the parents of some thug who got killed in a shootout with the cops saying "why couldnt they shoot him in the arm?"

Boo-****ing-hoo, act like a normal, productive member of society and you won't end up shot. Pretty simple.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:51 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Originally Posted by Spoolin415
Ah, if you're dumb enough to try and evade the cops (who have their weapons drawn on you) by running them over you deserve death.

Also, LOL at the people saying "shoot the tires", you're as bad as the parents of some thug who got killed in a shootout with the cops saying "why couldnt they shoot him in the arm?"

Boo-****ing-hoo, act like a normal, productive member of society and you won't end up shot. Pretty simple.
sounds like Mike is waving a gun at you now......

Quick Reply: Street racer shot and killed by CHP Stockton