strange liquid on wheel...

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 10:58 PM

strange liquid on wheel...

anybody have any clue as to what this is? it seems to be coming from somewhere behind the wheel. what you are seeing is a nights worth of drippage.

rob
Old 05-19-2003, 11:03 PM

picture soon to come...
Attached Thumbnails strange liquid on wheel...-wheel-3-small-.jpg  
Old 05-19-2003, 11:43 PM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
it's probably the essence of crappiness leaking out of your re92s.

or it's brake fluid. rub some of it on your paint and see what happens. i'm just kidding. DO NOT put that anywhere near your paint.

i get marks that look like that on my wheels, but it's because the residue of whatever was there is attracting the brake dust and leaving that mark. i don't have any brake fluid leaks and i get the same marks, so you probably shouldn't worry about it. you also never specified which wheels you get this on. if you check your brake fluid and it's low and your pads aren't low, well... i think you may be able to figure the rest out. the more info you give, the more we can help.

the last thing i will say is that once you rule out the car as the source of the fluid, then you can start looking into other possible sources (ie dog, drunk guy, guy squirting brake fluid on your wheels to confuse the crap out of you...). you get the idea.
Old 05-20-2003, 12:29 AM

Car Info: RIP: 2000 2.5RS Sedan, BRP Now: 08 WRB WRX Hatch
i have stuff like that but it seems to come from the center of the wheel... i don't have any brake fluid leaks or anything. looks like you have more liquid coming out though... i never see the actual liquid on mine.. just the marks when i start to collect dust
Old 05-20-2003, 12:33 AM

I have to second the dog pee idea. It's happened to me a few times, especially when my car cover was new.
Old 05-20-2003, 12:48 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I dont care what people say about dog pee... that looks like brake fluid... Get your brake lines checked, NOW!

Do you wanna be driving 60mph, to realize that you don't have brakes? I wouldn't.
Old 05-20-2003, 01:10 AM

If that indeed is brake fluid. Judging from the amount of fluid. You will be out of brakes very very soon.
Old 05-20-2003, 08:03 AM

Car Info: 2003 blue EVO
Originally posted by veloLexus
I had the EXACT same thing. I'm pretty sure it's cat **** as I could never find a consistent spot where it looked like it was coming from. Whenever I see a cat near my propery I run towards it screaming and chase it away as long as possible.

Cheers, Joe
If it smells like amonia, it's cat ****...

That's almost as bad as brake fluid because cat **** caused a lug nut to get seazed onto the lug due to the cemcal reaction between alloy metel used in my old P7's and lugnuts.

good way to stop cats from marking your terriory is to spray some WD-40 on your lug nuts. Cats hate the smell of WD40
Old 05-20-2003, 12:19 PM

I had the EXACT same thing. I'm pretty sure it's cat **** as I could never find a consistent spot where it looked like it was coming from. Whenever I see a cat near my propery I run towards it screaming and chase it away as long as possible.
hahahahahah run away run away hahaha...i only laugh cause i do the same thing... i can only imagine what my neighbors think when they see me doin it.

chris
Old 05-20-2003, 12:31 PM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
okay first of all for all you cat chasers, a 22 with snake shot or even a pellet gun with 10 pumps will do the same thing. and i bet the stupid SOB doesn't come back. and its fun as hell.

anyhow, i seriously doubt that's brake fluid. if that much was leaking out, the guy'd probably be dead by now. also, there's no way he'd have a brake fluid leak if he didn't just have his brakes worked on.

cats and dogs love to mark their territory by pissing on everything within a ten mile radius. especially if you park your car in the street, i almost guarantee that's what it is.
Old 05-20-2003, 01:29 PM

Car Info: 04 FXT PSM
DIAOS: I have the same thing - never see the fluid, just the dust and dirt stuck to it on every spoke, just outside of the center cap...it seems kinda like grease (doesn't wash off easily)

Quick Reply: strange liquid on wheel...